HT DX05 - Indiana Jones - in-hand images

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine was stuck and I didn't think the internal cup moved. But when I got my second body I could move it so I forced the first one and it moves too. Not that it makes a huge difference. The firmness of the neck only allows it to tilt slightly and keeps it generally centered. I think the chest/neck is made from a firmer material than previous uses of this mold. The entire body looks identical to the Wolverine (Dastan/Comedian/Royce) body to me aside from paint apps. I don't have the other to compare it with but from memory and looking at pics online I can't spot any difference in the chest area. :dunno

Just saw an HT Indy go on eBay for $209.34...
There's some deals to be had if you track.

actually the great deals are starting to dry up.
Initially there were a few sellers trying to unload stock (one guy had 20!) at $225 including international delivery which is just nuts !

Just got this yesterday. I thought I'd keep it positive as some pics of him here looks decent.

But upon opening the box and taking him out, he really looks bad, IMO. Sometimes HT figures will look better in hand, but not this one. He really looks 99% like this picture, in hand :gah::slap

IMGP9921.JPG

One thing that still bugs me is the lower lips. Its too thick and looks like hes got retainers or something. Ive tried searching for quite a few hi res pic of Indy to compare, but he dont have those fat lips :huh

indiana_jones_wearing_his_hat.jpg

2bb1bb33.jpg

Anybody have the links of tutorials on how to mod this figure so that it'll look decent like some that Ive seen in these pages?
:pray:

I'm having too much fun. I decided to revise it even more, so I tried the reddish technique for the cheeks and I decided to tackle the chest hair situation. I'm debating about adding sweat to it, hmm. :pray:

IMG_0834.jpg

IMG_0837.jpg

IMG_0841.jpg

IMG_0848.jpg

IMG_0849.jpg

IMG_0850.jpg

IMG_0847.jpg

IMG_0838.jpg

Last edited:
thanks, this is the goal! After the head is repainted i need to apply a spray matte varnish to all and an then brilliant varnish with brush for the sweating effect

another pic

6334891710_9675391c80_b.jpg

hi mate
your indy looks perfect
do you accept commision jobs
i want to make my indy look like yours...:)

Can someone tell me should you be able to get the turban on with the normal hair or does it require the hat hair? Thanks

Definitely the hat hair, the normal is too big

Normal hair works fine for me, the extra height of that hairpiece allowed me to pull the turban onto Indy's head more - to get a more "screen accurate" look, with the hat hair on the turban sat too high & pulling it down ended up with it covering his face too much.

Looks Great guyver1!! You have done a very nice work on the beard and chest!! I don´t understand people can not see Ford in this figure with those nice repaints :lecture

I'm having too much fun. I decided to revise it even more, so I tried the reddish technique for the cheeks and I decided to tackle the chest hair situation. I'm debating about adding sweat to it, hmm. :pray:

IMG_0834.jpg

IMG_0837.jpg

IMG_0841.jpg

IMG_0848.jpg

IMG_0849.jpg

IMG_0850.jpg

IMG_0847.jpg

IMG_0838.jpg

Mine arrived the other day and I have to say I'm glad I didn't cancel my order. Yea the sculpt is still a tad off, but in person I see enough of Ford to be happy with it plus the accessories and figure as a whole is great.

Nice custom paintwork. The shadow covering the left nostril really hides the one area the sculpt has a problem by giving the illusion the nose is wider than it really is. I love how you have been able to replicate the sweat and proper facial color. Your work is definitely a must.

6334891710_9675391c80_b.jpg

I picked up my DX05 today.

This is the first Hot Toys figure I have afforded myself, having been a huge longtime fan of their sculpting and attention to detail especially in their Military line.

I can't say I'm 100% happy because while undoubtedly the attention to detail on the clothing, the figure itself and the accessories is great, the likeness is lacking especially in comparison to some of the extraordinary sculpts that Hot Toys has released in 1:6.

I definitely see Harrison Ford in the sculpt but it's only ⅔ of the way there, and that missing ⅓, really shows.

P1040628a.jpg

P1040676a.jpg

P1040631a.jpg

P1040671a.jpg

P1040647a.jpg

Back