HT DX05 - Indiana Jones - in-hand images

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Neo's version pic
indianajones.jpg

Wow, that a beautiful shot.:clap Any links to his pics?

I very carefully lifted the rubber "skin" on the shoulder aside with a pair of long nosed tweezer to have a look at the base of the neck from the inside, from what I could see it looks like a solid post, I used a fair bit of force but it didn't budge at all.
The torso of Indy isn't as bulked up as wolverines, especially the neck so I'm thinking that HT couldn't put a neck joint inside at the base of the neck due to lack of room.

I thought that the wolverine body was the same body used on Indy ?

Thanks, this is the goal! After the head is repainted I need to apply a spray matte varnish to all and an then brilliant varnish with brush for the sweating effect

The mod is awesome. Looks like he is sweating his butt off in the Amazon. What do you seal the figure with, after the repaint? Are there different finishes available for the sealer? I am looking to do a pre-adventure Indy. Before he gets all dirty and sweaty.

another pic

6334891710_9675391c80_b.jpg

I very carefully lifted the rubber "skin" on the shoulder aside with a pair of long nosed tweezer to have a look at the base of the neck from the inside, from what I could see it looks like a solid post, I used a fair bit of force but it didn't budge at all.
The torso of Indy isn't as bulked up as wolverines, especially the neck so I'm thinking that HT couldn't put a neck joint inside at the base of the neck due to lack of room.

The internal neck joint does move. It's just very tight.

Also for those that are wondering about how the HT Idol Chamber holds up to the Sideshow Idol Chamber environment...I finally got my SS version and Im much more impressed with it than I am of HT. HT is "too little, too late". For those that are considering getting the SS one, Id highly recommend it!

389883_10150388574634663_748989662_7959789_338716949_n.jpg

DSC04649.jpg
DSC04621.jpg

:clap:clap:clap:clap
Looking really good! Can I ask what paints/mixes you used? Ive never done anything like this before but Id like to reach that level of quality! Great Job!

Thanks! All Acrylic paints. And acrylic varnish. If you start with subtle red washes, then use very dark brown almost black in subtle washes. Then pick out details and shadows with very small brushes.

The body should be the same for wolverine, Indy, the comedian, and Thor as well right?

I've got Indy & wolverine, while I haven't compared the arms/legs I do know for certain that the upper torso is different, wolvie is thicker set with bulging veins, Indy is slimmer.

Also, I'd like to see some pics that show the lower neck joint in action, I've tried (with a fair amount of force) but my Indy's neck is rock solid, I've given up trying to move it as I'm certain it's gonna snap.

I've got Indy & wolverine, while I haven't compared the arms/legs I do know for certain that the upper torso is different, wolvie is thicker set with bulging veins, Indy is slimmer.

Also, I'd like to see some pics that show the lower neck joint in action, I've tried (with a fair amount of force) but my Indy's neck is rock solid, I've given up trying to move it as I'm certain it's gonna snap.

There's only a joint at the top of the neck that moves for me, I don't think the base of the neck has any articulation.

Back