HT DX05 - Indiana Jones - in-hand images

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was not sure at the beginning with this figure, but he's Ford, no doubt. I just gave some colour to his face and chest with pastels and removed the guy-liner.

Indy015.jpg

Indy037.jpg

Indy039.jpg

This looks perfect. I like the subtlety. Did you seal it afterward? Do you take commissions by chance?

Molaram, sudaram, molaram, sudaram. Fantastic Guyver1, I think also that is a great body for him :lecture

Nice display Dollmanron :wink1:

My contribution to the SS v HT comparison... both fresh out of the box (except HT has Sov jacket)...

SSvHT1.jpg

SSvHT4.jpg

SSvHT5.jpg

I know at first glance the SS one looks weak, however, I still think the bag strap and the pants and the color of the shoes is better. I also think the unique shape of the hat is way better than HT. That said, HT whoops pretty much everything else.

Last edited:
My contribution to the SS v HT comparison... both fresh out of the box (except HT has Sov jacket)...

SSvHT1.jpg

SSvHT4.jpg

SSvHT5.jpg

I know at first glance the SS one looks weak, however, I still think the bag strap and the pants and the color of the shoes is better. I also think the unique shape of the hat is way better than HT. That said, HT whoops pretty much everything else.
I think the Sideshows head/body ratio is much better than the Hot Toys. But oh well. Everybody hates the Sideshow version for reasons we can agree and disagree on.

Thanks for posting that comparison, Wor. Honestly they both have their pluses and minuses. When comparing the two, Sideshow's head looks a bit too big. But HT's looks a bit too small. And the clothes on HT's fits a little better than the clothes on Sideshow's, but not by much--HT's shirt looks too big.

But overall, yeah, HTs does look better.

Thanks for posting that comparison, Wor. Honestly they both have their pluses and minuses. When comparing the two, Sideshow's head looks a bit too big. But HT's looks a bit too small. And the clothes on HT's fits a little better than the clothes on Sideshow's, but not by much--HT's shirt looks too big.

But overall, yeah, HTs does look better.
So true, but this is why I have a problem with the SSC pro!

IMG_0908.jpg

IMG_0907.jpg

That does look very nice. Are you using a neck post when you do that or are you just putting the head over the neck?

Decided to redux this shot using a flash, I marvel at the HT sculpt after the right revisions, it's stunning to me.
IMG_0898.jpg

Using a flash on my camera
IMG_0903.jpg

Last edited:
What the hell us goin on here? How come the sst head on the ht body looks so,good?

I know, weird, huh?

It's not shadows either because in hand I can see that it looks pretty dang good. Needs a repaint, but scale and look and the hat all mesh very well with the HT stuff.

Can't say I'm happy about it, but I thought I'd share.

That does look very nice. Are you using a neck post when you do that or are you just putting the head over the neck?

No ball connector, the SS head is just pushed down on the HT neck -- both have ball connectors but I'm not sure if there's any issues there or not. Looks like it would work fine.

Here's some compares with color desaturated or adjusted to help visualize...

SSheadvHThead2.jpg

SSheadvHThead3.jpg

For those that love their SS, this is proof that a few HT parts could really improve your fig. For those happy with HT, he does look excellent of course. For those who like to bash the best parts... this may be an option.

That is crazy! The larger SS head even helps with the HT shirt looking too big. Now with the SS head the HT shirt looks okay. I guess it's seeing the collar in relation to the head.

The HT head is in a slightly smaller scale. It's like how they draw comic book superheroes with slightly smaller noggins. The SS noggin looks amazing on the HT body.

Back