HT DX05 - Indiana Jones - in-hand images

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can someone who has done the beard mod please tell me what color of paints that they used. Thanks!

I took the suggestion that stshammgod (genius btw!) and used these

IMG_0797.jpg

I used a dab here and dab there of each and mixed the two experimenting like stgod suggested, and watering it down. the result was impressive, with just little effort on the hs!:yess:

I used an old dry brush technique of mine to spread it around more evenly to give a more natural tone.

Hope this helps
IMG_0789.jpg

Good Luck!
IMG_0802.jpg

Btw those paints can be found at a Michaels art supply store or any store that carries hobby acrylics, for cheap. Mostly each bottle is under a $1, great deal!

Last edited:
I took the suggestion that stshammgod (genius btw!) and used these

IMG_0797.jpg

I used a dab here and dab there of each and mixed the two experimenting like stgod suggested, and watering it down. the result was impressive, with just little effort on the hs!:yess:

I used an old dry brush technique of mine to spread it around more evenly to give a more natural tone.

Hope this helps
IMG_0789.jpg

Good Luck!
IMG_0802.jpg

Great! Thanks Guyver and great pics!

Bingo! Those two are exactly the ones I used. :) Those are really good and inexpensive too! Just make sure you seal it after doing it.

I want to put something in my case as a backdrop for my indy figure (I'm not cutting the original one), does anyone have any ideas?

A year or so someone took their Sideshow Indy with them to Egypt on vacation and took some photos with the figure in front and they looked good. I just don't know where to look for them.

My idea is to have Indy in a scene with the Ark (will have real sand in a tray inside of the case), plus a few snakes if I can find some in the right scale.

If anyone's interested? I have my second HT's Indy for sale. No longer planning on displaying Cairo Indy. $260 shipped within the US if interested. International is extra. PM me

My Dx05 arrived today. I customize it a bit.
6332409087_710dae01ca_b.jpg

6332409173_aaa1fb3d07_b.jpg

6333160204_8c9bf2f7c0_b.jpg

6332409301_d4230b0182_b.jpg

The mod is awesome. Looks like he is sweating his butt off in the Amazon. What do you seal the figure with, after the repaint? Are there different finishes available for the sealer? I am looking to do a pre-adventure Indy. Before he gets all dirty and sweaty.

Some more pics, I don't care what people say about the muscle body, this is such a solid piece!

IMG_0820.jpg

Neo's version pic
indianajones.jpg

Inspired me, to create my own
IMG_0819.jpg

IMG_0804.jpg

IMG_0812.jpg

Tried some action
IMG_0823-1.jpg

IMG_0826.jpg

Last edited:
Some more pics, I don't care what people say about the muscle body, this is such a solid piece!

I've gotten used to the muscle body and was surprised to find I could get the poses I wanted out of it. In particular I never thought I'd be able to get him to grasp the brim of his hat but I managed it. :)

DSC_0866-7.jpg

I want to put something in my case as a backdrop for my indy figure (I'm not cutting the original one), does anyone have any ideas?

I was considering using parts of the backdrops but I also didn't want to cut my original. At first I thought I'd buy an extra from TA but then I realized I could just scan it or take a digital pic and print out a duplicate on photo paper.

I've gotten used to the muscle body and was surprised to find I could get the poses I wanted out of it. In particular I never thought I'd be able to get him to grasp the brim of his hat but I managed it. :)

DSC_0866-7.jpg

Hey thanks for posting that move YoNoSe :goodpost: :clap
My crack at it
:yess:
IMG_0831.jpg

Last edited:
Indy arrived yesterday courtesy of OneSixthBruce, WOW ! - stunning figure !, the only gripes I have are that the jacket & Arab coat are a tight fit on the arms & that (unlike wolverine) there's no articulation in the neck other than the ball joint at the top, other than that I thinks he's fantastic.

Funnily enough though I was shocked when I opened the box up - through looking at all the pics on here I forgot how small a 1/6th scale figure is, I kinda thought he'd be bigger somehow :).
Also, there's no way I'll be trying the eye mod - hats off to all those who have, it looks like a very tricky operation to perform & seeing as that head is so small there is too much room for it to go f.u.b.a.r.

I'll try and post a pic or two of him in his Arab gear, I've futzed the head dress & am pretty pleased with the results :) .

Indy arrived yesterday courtesy of OneSixthBruce, WOW ! - stunning figure !, the only gripes I have are that the jacket & Arab coat are a tight fit on the arms & that (unlike wolverine) there's no articulation in the neck other than the ball joint at the top, other than that I thinks he's fantastic.

Funnily enough though I was shocked when I opened the box up - through looking at all the pics on here I forgot how small a 1/6th scale figure is, I kinda thought he'd be bigger somehow :).
Also, there's no way I'll be trying the eye mod - hats off to all those who have, it looks like a very tricky operation to perform & seeing as that head is so small there is too much room for it to go f.u.b.a.r.

I'll try and post a pic or two of him in his Arab gear, I've futzed the head dress & am pretty pleased with the results :) .

There is extra movement in the neck albeit slight and it is initially a bit stiff

There is extra movement in the neck albeit slight and it is initially a bit stiff

I very carefully lifted the rubber "skin" on the shoulder aside with a pair of long nosed tweezer to have a look at the base of the neck from the inside, from what I could see it looks like a solid post, I used a fair bit of force but it didn't budge at all.
The torso of Indy isn't as bulked up as wolverines, especially the neck so I'm thinking that HT couldn't put a neck joint inside at the base of the neck due to lack of room.

Back