HT DX05 - Indiana Jones - in-hand images

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cheers Wor-Gar, appreciated mate :)

Kindest regards
Mark

Mine also has a crease there. I'm don't usually care about the packaging all that much but, in this case, it is kind of a shame as the packaging is so nice. I've also got a tear on the outside of the box, where the flap folds back. Not sure if it was there when I got it, or it has happened since.

Mine also has a crease there. I'm don't usually care about the packaging all that much but, in this case, it is kind of a shame as the packaging is so nice. I've also got a tear on the outside of the box, where the flap folds back. Not sure if it was there when I got it, or it has happened since.

I even saw the fold on the new Jack Sparrow figure which has identical type cover for the figure. I think it must happen in the boxing process -- the way the cover has to be bent to tuck it in.

Same here, crease and a small tear in the fold. I don't know if the tear was there prior to me opening it or not.

Just a discussion question to throw out there ...

Has there been another character that's been kit-bashed as often as Indy over the years?

Obviously it's not any kind of scientific survey, but even long before this release he seemed to me to be one of the more frequent targets for people bashing figures. (Of course my observation could have as much to do with the particular boards I frequent, so my sample may be skewed.)

Might the relative lack of good Indy merch over the last nearly 3 decades have contributed to that?

Just wondering ...

When Medi and Sideshow announced their 12" ROTLA Indy, some people said it might be the end of an Era for customizers,
but I actually mentioned that it actually would bring more tools to the table...

So I'm resurrecting this thread, since we now have seen Medi's and SS Indy,
I think it's safe to say that The Quest for the Perfect Indy is more alive than ever!!

Personally, with my SS Indy, I'll change the body, jacket and shirt...
What are you guys planing to do with yours?

The same thing just happened with HT Indy IMO...
more items are available in the Quest for the Perfect Indy!
:rock!

Definitely seems like each Indy release only fans the flames of kitbashing once more.

I love it. Customizing is much more fun than just out-of-the-box collecting.

just recieved my tracking number from osb,here`s hoping i dont get the bloated head!:rotfl,but he looks good straight out of the box going by the pics so far,roll on tomorrow:clap

Mine arrived today also. You're right, he does look better in hand. I almost passed on him due to the photos of the paint job. After reading Michael Crawford's review I went for it. Glad I did.

Old Grandpa

The more and more I look at him, the more happy I am with the figure. Definitely the best Indy figure so far hands down. Pictures don't do it justice. I even bought a second so I can display the Cairo outfit. I am actually looking to sell my second Indy. Too many upcoming figures I have to save for. If anyone is interested, feel free to PM me or send me an email. It is not the huge head edition either.

So, has Sideshow started shipping these out? I'm just wondering when my order at USH might be shipping (Paid Oct 3rd and am anxious to get him, heh).

Some new pics of my adjustments, drybrushing the beard, I liked this technique at first making the beard a little more thicker than my first attempt

IMG_0773.jpg

IMG_0776.jpg

IMG_0770.jpg

But when I saw it this morning, it dried all wrong last night and the face got messed up. I was so mad, so I had to redux the face again, going a bit more lighter

Here's the redux what do you think
IMG_0789.jpg

IMG_0791.jpg

IMG_0792.jpg

IMG_0793.jpg

I'm still liking the SS jacket
IMG_0788.jpg

IMG_0794.jpg

Last edited:
So, has Sideshow started shipping these out? I'm just wondering when my order at USH might be shipping (Paid Oct 3rd and am anxious to get him, heh).

Sideshow has shipped out already. I got mine on Monday. Hopefully you get yours soon.

Back