HT DX05 - Indiana Jones - in-hand images

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice work there Rory ! I might steal that idea and try it on mine . Thanks also stshammgod and Cavlcade ! You Guys are very inspirational !

Last edited:
Nice display! Relics all accounted for (I need some of those)! :rock

Wow! Where did you get those relics Kuzeh? They are seriously cool!

yeah, where did you get those Kuzeh? They look amazing.:clap

Medicom Indy would be my guess?

Looks like a mix of Medicom Indy's relics and Hasbro's pack in relics from the 3 3/4" line.

Actually, funny enough, they are from Hasbro.
The 3.75" figures came with a hidden relic on a little crate, most of them were 1/6 scale. The ark was a mail-in offer with the 12" figures.
So, just a list:
- Ark, Cross of Coronado, Urn of Nurhachi, Sankara Stone, Ra Headpiece and small Holy Grail are Habsro,
- Fertility idol, grail Tablet and large grail are Sideshow's.
- Maps, papers and Henry Sr. journal are custom made by Indyfreak https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70716

I'm still after Medicom's, but they are pretty expensive...

I have put my hands on my second Indy head today. While I am waiting for my Dx figure (at the customs:mad:) I wanted to make those great mods here. Great work guys you have there:clap

This is my repainted head. I have also added sweat, I think it adds a fantastic touch like others have done.

6326323137_76349d36d8_b.jpg

6326323299_7ba4c81332_b.jpg

6327075548_7543ca8271_b.jpg

This is his blade runner project. He's gonna have full figures and also clothing sets with heads and possibly unpainted heads sold separately. It may be possible to have him sculpt a full indy if we bug him enough later on down the road though. It's really Ford in there.

I think we should bother him. The sculpt is one of the best Fords ive seen.

I find it a little funny (and somehow fitting) that even fully licensed Indiana Jones are being kitbashed left and right since that figure itself was the king of the Kitbash long before anything official.

Looking good, man, jesus these heads are all very different! the jaw on yours looks completely different to mine?
DSC04475.jpg

:hi5:Thanks, mate. I have a friend that says the same. He has received a second head and is completely diferent with respect paint on mouth, hair, cheekbones more prominent and pers system more adjusted that makes he looks more like a young HF in Raiders. Definitely there are different heads

I find it a little funny (and somehow fitting) that even fully licensed Indiana Jones are being kitbashed left and right since that figure itself was the king of the Kitbash long before anything official.

I find it a little funny that THE Hot Toys finally makes Indiana Jones, it costs $250, and people STILL have to repaint the face on top of ponying up more money for a new jacket, shirt, whip, and belt/holster rig.

I find it a little funny that THE Hot Toys finally makes Indiana Jones, it costs $250, and people STILL have to repaint the face on top of ponying up more money for a new jacket, shirt, whip, and belt/holster rig.

That's because there are a wide variety of add on clothes and such available long before the HT figure came out- years of customizing the SS and Medi figures have resulted in items some prefer over HT- that is fine, IMO the HT stuff is just fine for me.

Those repaints look amazing. By the way, If anyone is looking for a Hot Toys Indy, I am selling one. Bought 2 in order to display cairo Indy, but need to save for upcoming releases. Send me a message if by chance you are interested. Only opened to make sure there was no damage. All is good, and has the smaller head with no damage at all.

Finally got mine today. Great figure. I like him the way he is. No guyliner. Definitely seeing Ford in the sculpt. Glad I kept him on pre-order.

Just a discussion question to throw out there ...

Has there been another character that's been kit-bashed as often as Indy over the years?

Obviously it's not any kind of scientific survey, but even long before this release he seemed to me to be one of the more frequent targets for people bashing figures. (Of course my observation could have as much to do with the particular boards I frequent, so my sample may be skewed.)

Might the relative lack of good Indy merch over the last nearly 3 decades have contributed to that?

Just wondering ...

I think Indy just has a passionate fan base that are sticklers for the accuracies and nuances of his costume(s). The adventure gear is such a large part of the character, after all.

:hi5:Thanks, mate. I have a friend that says the same. He has received a second head and is completely diferent with respect paint on mouth, hair, cheekbones more prominent and pers system more adjusted that makes he looks more like a young HF in Raiders. Definitely there are different heads

Did someone say different heads?

Back