HT DX05 - Indiana Jones - in-hand images

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wow! I´m so happy that I preordered him! It´s my first Indiana Jones. I´m sure he´s pretty cool in hand!

I have him coming as well :yess:

I am beginning to agree with some the PERS may be detracting from a decent sculpt. Overall, I am happy with the sculpt but I can only wonder what may have been without PERS. Oh well, I'll survive with PERS :)

I just dont see it. From the nose up it looks like ford if i cover his mouth/jawline. Something just looks way off on the bottom half of his head.
Im glad i saved a few hundred by passing on this thing and will be fine to wait for a V.2.
Would much rather drop the $$$ on upcoming Jack Sparrow, Superman.

The "chimps" comment came from a fan of the sculpt?!!
That was the main reason the previous thread was closed.

B.S. x 2.

1. I'm not a "fan" of the sculpt. I merely find it acceptable and don't hate it. That you can't see the distinction is a YOU issue.

2. From the PMs I received my posts were not the reason that thread was closed (which is why they weren't among those deleted). It was the obvious trolling from the likes of 'Superman' and others.

I suggest you either get over your unhealthy obsession with me, or just put me on Ignore. The boards will definitely be better of with either choice. :wave

7ee.jpg

This looks great. :rock. I'm curious how much this custom cost. Anyone know?

Yeah, really not digging the PERS. If there is is anything that looks better in-hand than in pics I hope it's that.

B.S. x 2.

1. I'm not a "fan" of the sculpt. I merely find it acceptable and don't hate it. That you can't see the distinction is a YOU issue.

2. From the PMs I received my posts were not the reason that thread was closed (which is why they weren't among those deleted). It was the obvious trolling from the likes of 'Superman' and others.

I suggest you either get over your unhealthy obsession with me, or just put me on Ignore. The boards will definitely be better of with either choice. :wave

That's hilarious IJ. Very entertaining. Perhaps if you read the posts leading up to mine, instead of being a hot head you would understand the context of my post. I didn't bring it up and I didn't mention you. Don't flatter yourself. Once again, you say one thing and do the complete opposite. Trust me mate, I have zero interest in you.
So perhaps you should just put me on ignore.
Ta ta now. Move along, move along.
:wave

Figuremaniac has constantly showed this figure with the same awful lighting effect. It's nearly every picture with the eye liner that has come from this source, even camera phone pictures look better than awful examples they keep dishing out. Even the Sideshow Indy looks worse in their pictures than it does in hand

PERS ruins this for sure. The eyes are too inset and it looks like he has black eyeliner on!

IndianaJoness2.jpg

I think I will go with this pose once he arrives. Excellent work!

I must say that if i only seen this one pic, I would definitely have too say that this would be one absolutely amazing collectible, as this is byy far the best pic that has been took of this collectible

Had another little play. For those who were wondering how the SS sculpt would look on the HT body wearing the SS boots heres a very crude pic.

The weathering on the trousers seems pretty good. Everything looks like it could do with a wet down/crumple and a little sandpapering though.
I wonder can anything be done to push the PERS forward?
I have done it with an Enterbay figure.

More SSC/HT comps from same source:

IMGP0107.JPG

IMGP0097.JPG

Hot Toys looks higher quality -- better base figure, better painting, better texture -- which makes sense since it is more than twice-the-price.

Sideshow still looks more like Harrison Ford ... which doesn't make sense considering it was less than half-the-price.

SnakeDoc

If I have to decide between Monkey Indiana Jones or Emo Indiana Jones, Ill go with Emo Indiana Jones.

IMGP0097.JPG

I just think these are awful pictures. I have pretty much hated every one that has come from there.
Also Sideshows Indy's head looks ready to explode. I have that head on a true type and it does not look that big, but here it looks laughable.

Back