HT DX05 - Indiana Jones - in-hand images

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I have to decide between Monkey Indiana Jones or Emo Indiana Jones, Ill go with Emo Indiana Jones.

IMGP0097.JPG

:exactly: is this the Indy sculpt everyone is raving about or is there another?

Your comment helped clarify what I saw in the pic. SS protruding, large head does resemble an ape | caveman. HT nose up captures HF fairly well with eyeliner while the nose down needs work. Lesser of two evils, I will take emo Jones money be damned...

I agree...I can't wait to get this guy! I'm glad the other thread was finally closed...it was getting a little intense in there

:exactly: is this the Indy sculpt everyone is raving about or is there another?
IMGP0097.JPG

Your comment helped clarify what I saw in the pic. SS protruding, large head does resemble an ape | caveman. HT nose up captures HF fairly well with eyeliner while the nose down needs work. Lesser of two evils, I will take emo Jones money be damned...

This here below is the SS 1/4 PF sculpt repainted which shows an excellent likeness. No amount of paint can fix emo indy I'm afraid. Fix the left nostril and make the jaw smaller would be the only way.
picture103.jpg

Last edited:
This here below is the same sculpt repainted. No amount of paint can fix emo indy I'm afraid. Fix the left nostril and make the jaw smaller would be the only way.
picture103.jpg

Uh, that's not the same sculpt repainted. He's referring to the 1:6 sculpt... you just showed the 1:4 PF sculpt. :lecture

This here below is the same sculpt repainted. No amount of paint can fix emo indy I'm afraid. Fix the left nostril and make the jaw smaller would be the only way.
picture103.jpg

The PF has a bigger jaw and chin, Trevor just made the mouth smaller.
As for the nostril :lol That really bugs you doesn't it. I love how many times you go on about that here as well as on Facebook.

?? isn't that the 1/4 scale PF?

Yes it is

Hot Toys looks higher quality -- better base figure, better painting, better texture -- which makes sense since it is more than twice-the-price.

Sideshow still looks more like Harrison Ford ... which doesn't make sense considering it was less than half-the-price.

SnakeDoc

Here is it so you can see the main differences and why the SS sculpt is more accurate. I believe it is important to know exactly what the main problems with this sculpt are so that it can be fixed for future Hot Toys Indy sculpts.

Original Sculpt
indyhottoyswithhat.jpg

Slight changes to the left nostril and left jawline
157m6nl.png

This pic below is the best IN HAND of the bunch at hiding the flaws.
_DSC3037%252520copy.jpg

Yes it is

Here is it so you can see the main differences and why the SS sculpt is more accurate. I believe it is important to know exactly what the main problems with this sculpt are so that it can be fixed for future Hot Toys Indy sculpts.

Original Sculpt
indyhottoyswithhat.jpg

Slight changes to the left nostril and left jawline
157m6nl.png

This pic below is the best IN HAND of the bunch at hiding the flaws.
_DSC3037%252520copy.jpg

Jesus Crimes.... I thought you said you were done???

I just found this small grainy image on ebay, but it still shows how good it looks

And no eyeliner...

RSCN4741.jpg

Back