HT DX05 - Indiana Jones - in-hand images

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just found this small grainy image on ebay, but it still shows how good it looks

And no eyeliner...

RSCN4741.jpg

I would say that's a fair shot. Obviously the jaw is heavy but I still see a ton of Ford in there. I also see more depth to the eye color in photos that aren't utilizing dramatic shadow-heavy lighting.

After looking at this one I can say only one thing:
it's NOT Indiana Jones, just VERY GOOD cosplayer of him. :lol
It's not the bad figure at all, no. The cloth and the accessories is amazing (still, the hat is not so good, imho), but the head looks just strange and wrong. It's very hard to understand why, but it's pretty obvious that H.Ford has very hard-to-catch-in-sculpture face. I did not saw the ultimate sculpt of this actor yet (maybe the Sideshows' PF RotLA was pretty OK, but the original paintjob was just terrible). Pity.

Anyway, I will pick this one up, try to repaint black lines in the eyes and beard. And wait till someone will offer me some fine custom head.

And yes, I don't need PERS at all. I NEED Indiana Jones on my shelf! ><

PS BTW, nice shot, YpNoSe. thanks. But still, still... not enough Ford for me there. :\
PPS You can't ever get enough Ford. YOU ALWAYS WANT SOME MOOOOREEE!!!!! MOAAAR!!!
014_zoidberg-more-more_by-sonicpanther.gif

Last edited:
I think the PERS discussion is a valid one and the only thing that can move forward here. PERS is made for folks who like to constantly pose and photograph their figures. I'm not sure it really appeals to many in the hobby. And the potential downside is too risky, IMHO.

I think the PERS discussion is a valid one and the only thing that can move forward here. PERS is made for folks who like to constantly pose and photograph their figures. I'm not sure it really appeals to many in the hobby. And the potential downside is too risky, IMHO.

The only thing I liked with PERS was Bruce Lee was able to look to the side. Also the hair took the likeness away too.

Here is with Enterbay hair looking to the side
images

Still in this pic the eyes looked wonky
No I pretty much dislike PERS

I can see some HF here. I don't think its that much better than what we get with the HT sculpt though. And the HT sculpt requires no repaint.

If I read correctly we are comparing a 1/4 sculpt to a 1/6 sculpt?

I thought SS had a 1/6th sculpt that was better. My bad. I can understand why a larger scale would look better than smaller scale. I don't understand then why that comparison is being made. I am so confused :)

It´s amazing the quality difference between the SS figure and the hot toys but with hard work can get something like this

6251368501_4bf14dce30_b.jpg

So now the 1/4 PF statue is being thrown in against the HT sculpt- really? I mean really??

The frustrating thing for someone like myself is the sculpt is a decent human sculpt with nice paint. Its also got enough of Ford in it that it hacks me off a bit not to be closer so I would want to buy it.

Re: Hot Toys DX05- Indiana Jones (Raiders of the Lost Ark) 1/6 Figure Full Specs + Pi

53b2bf8b.jpg

In my own humble opinion I think this is a spot on rep of HF as IJ! I know I'm in the minority here but for my money... INDIANA JONES.

The frustrating thing for someone like myself is the sculpt is a decent human sculpt with nice paint. Its also got enough of Ford in it that it hacks me off a bit not to be closer so I would want to buy it.

I totally agree except I see enough Ford to warrant a purchase. I stated in the other thread for me it is about overall presentation not simply the sculpt. I think overall this is a great representation for Indiana Jones. Many of the pics capture the "Indy" character (poses etc.).

I am disappointed like everyone the sculpt isn't a grand slam but I am ok with what is offered. I also mentioned many times if I went on sculpt alone, I wouldn't own Wolverine. HT didn't capture Jackman's likeness IMO but they did capture the Wolverine character. He looks badass on my shelves and he is a top 5 figure in my book. I have the same feel about Indy.

Back