HT Batman Begins - Batman/Wayne TF Ex.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Batman Begins: Batman/ Bruce Wayne (2011 Toy Fairs Exclusive)

Best post in the "flip" debate I have seen in quite awhile. One of these days I am going to make a list of the items in my collection that were 100% paid for with flipping profits.

I've only picked one to sell on and i got about the same price, i recently sold my IM MK2 for £275 i bought it for about £130

i love this figure, but at the rate it's going it's an easy pass, maybe it'll settle down after a few months to a year, then i'll take another look, i love the head sculpt, it looks great just like the upcoming new goblin

So Sideshow will be selling this.
Ebay's main sellers too.
I know that the only official European retailerwill also gets his hands on it.
BBTS and other outlets will probably too.
Exclusive huh? ^^!
And now that BAT demon Scarecrow pack being available by Sideshow ^^

Last edited:

BB: Rutger Hauer
TDK: Eric Roberts
TDKR: ........Billy Zane

One can wish right? Since they appear to reserve a role for former B-list stars who else could it have been? Plus he has comic chops, "The Phantom".

Or you can ignore the absurdity of this post due to the general lack of any useful information going on 24 hours now!

That role's been filled by Matthew Modine.

That's what I figure....but man, Billy would've killed in that role!

His roles always had a presence as well as a nuanced level of cheese lacking in modern cinema, as was the case in 2001's "Zoolander". A cameo sure yet so central to the development and growth of Zoolander as runway star. A modern day Mickey Goldmill to Zoolander's Rocky, if you will?

Last edited:

So in the years to come when you realize that it's a viable method of getting collectibles that you want while providing collectors with a collectible they need, I can assume you'll be trying to kiss your own?

Nam, that's not my definition of a "flipper." I've sold sold stuff out of my collection in order to acquire another piece, but I've never bought something with the expressed intention of holding it and selling it for a profit at a later date. I have close friends and family who are flippers and they know that I feel that they are making collecting much more difficult for some with their predatory practices.

"A real man makes his own luck" - Billy Zane, Titanic.

Nam, that's not my definition of a "flipper." I've sold sold stuff out of my collection in order to acquire another piece, but I've never bought something with the expressed intention of holding it and selling it for a profit at a later date. I have close friends and family who are flippers and they know that I feel that they are making collecting much more difficult for some with their predatory practices.

Agreed. A flipper is someone who buys with the intent to sell for a profit. I have over 200 collectibles and Ive sold maybe 5 of them in the past 10 years (Because I didn't want them anymore or because I wanted something else and couldn't afford it without selling something), so would I be considered a flipper???

Quoting Billy Zane from Titanic?

1237977238_pineapple-express-laughi.gif

So Sideshow will be selling this.
Ebay's main sellers too.
I know that the only official European retailerwill also gets his hands on it.
BBTS and other outlets will probably too.
Exclusive huh? ^^!
And now that BAT demon Scarecrow pack being available by Sideshow ^^

Mind me asking who the official European retailer is? Pretty new to collecting Hot Toys, managed to get them off Forbidden Planet before.

Missed out on the other Batman so deffo want to try and grab this.

Agreed. A flipper is someone who buys with the intent to sell for a profit. I have over 200 collectibles and Ive sold maybe 5 of them in the past 10 years (Because I didn't want them anymore or because I wanted something else and couldn't afford it without selling something), so would I be considered a flipper???
Yes. True Collectors© never re-sell anything for profit. Only for retail cost, at a loss, or by giving stuff away. Otherwise, they are dirty scum-of-the-earth flippers.

Yes. True Collectors© never re-sell anything for profit. Only for retail cost, at a loss, or by giving stuff away. Otherwise, they are dirty scum-of-the-earth flippers.

Sweeeet! Goodwill here I come!!!!!

Wrong. A person who sells a collectible that he has owned for years at a profit in order to buy another collectible he desires more is not a flipper.

A person who buys a collectible with the expressed intent of selling it at a profit later, is.

Last edited:

BB: Rutger Hauer
TDK: Eric Roberts
TDKR: ........Billy Zane

One can wish right? Since they appear to reserve a role for former B-list stars who else could it have been? Plus he has comic chops, "The Phantom".

Or you can ignore the absurdity of this post due to the general lack of any useful information going on 24 hours now!

That role's been filled by Matthew Modine.

That's what I figure....but man, Billy would've killed in that role!

His roles always had a presence as well as a nuanced level of cheese lacking in modern cinema, as was the case in 2001's "Zoolander". A cameo sure yet so central to the development and growth of Zoolander as runway star. A modern day Mickey Goldmill to Zoolander's Rocky, if you will?

...and has the presence of mind to use any means necessary up to and including temporary kidnapping to get the hell out of Dodge!

to me a "flipper" is someone who actually doesnt care about the hobby, could be any collecting hobby, could be art, real estate, cars, etc. and only cares about buying product then turn it around for major profits.

For us who actually collect and enjoy the figures, but then decide to sell one down the road in order to buy another is just a "collector".

And not that Flipping is bad, you can make a good living if you know what your doing.

But when i see people list figures for $600-800 before they are even released to the public, to me thats more of a scam artist than flipper.

to me a "flipper" is someone who actually doesnt care about the hobby, could be any collecting hobby, could be art, real estate, cars, etc. and only cares about buying product then turn it around for major profits.

For us who actually collect and enjoy the figures, but then decide to sell one down the road in order to buy another is just a "collector".

And not that Flipping is bad, you can make a good living if you know what your doing.

But when i see people list figures for $600-800 before they are even released to the public, to me thats more of a scam artist than flipper.

They are only scam artists SUPPORTED by people who DO pay those amounts. I don't think they are scammers- how are they? They ask a big amount and if someone pays...well, that is their business.

Ah, the eternal debate of those who buy to sell, and those who buy to collect. Funny thing is, SSC, CSC, AE, etc. all buy to sell. They just don't "flip" them for as much as those who get the hate, having that MSRP thing. At the end of the day, the are both selling instantly to profit, often selling them before they are released...

CSC has already said if they get this figure, they'll be selling it at a markup to retail. Supply and demand no?

I'm waiting for the next OC Batman ... it's gonna be insane!

I hear it will actually talk and say lines like: "Do you drive stick?" and "You and I are finished, professionally."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back