HT Batman Begins - Batman/Wayne TF Ex.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Batman Begins: Batman/ Bruce Wayne (2011 Toy Fairs Exclusive)

Some people flip stuff just so they can afford what they want.

people are also freaking out now because this is a NEW figure and everyone wants it NOW. so there is just a huge buzz about it especially on the boards here. SO people take advantage of that buzz and try to cash in on it....

But thats how the hobby is. I used to collect Baseball cards and it can be brutal hobby. if a guy hits 3HRs in a game his rookie card goes up and people sell it for 4-5x the book value that very day...then after the buzz wears off and the player cools off, the cards go down.

its just the way any hobby of collecting goes.

looks like SC&DB are up for preorder at SSC. Maybe this is a hint that were getting close.

people are also freaking out now because this is a NEW figure and everyone wants it NOW. so there is just a huge buzz about it especially on the boards here. SO people take advantage of that buzz and try to cash in on it....

But thats how the hobby is. I used to collect Baseball cards and it can be brutal hobby. if a guy hits 3HRs in a game his rookie card goes up and people sell it for 4-5x the book value that very day...then after the buzz wears off and the player cools off, the cards go down.

its just the way any hobby of collecting goes.

Scramisaur!

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bhH83vGK_Q"]Hackidu[/ame]

I used to get ________ about flippers, then I flipped something and felt better. Hey, I love the different Iron Men dollies but the "Secret Project" one is goofy (even I have my limits) so why not flip that SOB to put those funds towards stuff I really want. It makes sense. Try collecting something like MONDO posters...those are a real _____.

i got that transformers 3 mondo poster. these are a pain to collect?

Good to know, thanks.
Definatly going to have a look now from time to time on his shop.
:hi5:[

This was my last message from Leo from Goodshipped. Just talking about prices really & his advice :)

HI Steve,

oh yeah super expensive now... . so wait till it releases , i think early August 2011 will have all stocks in market and
at that time you may get some cheap deal (not really cheap @@!, just not too crazily I mean)

SMile ^^
Leo

Some people flip stuff just so they can afford what they want.
Best post in the "flip" debate I have seen in quite awhile. One of these days I am going to make a list of the items in my collection that were 100% paid for with flipping profits.

Best post in the "flip" debate I have seen in quite awhile. One of these days I am going to make a list of the items in my collection that were 100% paid for with flipping profits.

I've only ever sold one figure on eBay & that was a Dx Batman. I put it up for auction, I haven't got a load of room & I had 2 of them. One on display & the other was just sitting in a box. It eventually sold for over £300, I wasn't complaining when I got that, hell I was happy with £200 which it was at with a minute to go. £350 is my limit for this figure because that's all I can afford to pay, I really want it because to me it's the ultimate Batman, it's basically my Grail figure. I kept looking on eBay for the 1st one which was well out of my limit, so I see this new one as a 2nd chance to own the OC Batman but even better :) even though the new one still isnt quite in my limit. I still kick my self for not buying the Mk I Iron Man for £100, not because I really wanted it but because that would of probaly covered 3 or 4 of my PO's or even got me the new Bats :D

Last edited:

Nor do I care to if you're calling people stupid for placing a higher value on a toy than you do and spending their own money for it. :huh

I'm over it

Last edited:

629927e7-3a67-474a-9f17-ec60e65d6603.gif

(about constructive as anything posted in a while...)

Just curious if anyone knows why it took so long for Sideshow to get the Batman line of toys? Licensing issues?

I only buy the Batman toys, it would of been great a few years ago if they had the Tumbler & Bat Pod for people to buy. Now people sell them over $1000, some even list them at $3000+ each which is crazy.

I bought mine on eBay last year for $450 for the tumbler and $250 for the Batpod. i got really lucky as it was a newbie seller with (0) feeback and no one but me bid on it. I was willing to take the chance and they both arrived perfect!

I dont know where you were, but you do know that the Tumbler and Batpod was readily available from other online shops for a while even when it was released. Some even discounted it.

I dont know where you were, but you do know that the Tumbler and Batpod was readily available from other online shops for a while even when it was released. Some even discounted it.

The answer to his question though is because DCD was the distributor of the Nolan Batman products for America.

What happens?? SSC don't have this SET?? :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back