HT Batman Begins - Batman/Wayne TF Ex.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Batman Begins: Batman/ Bruce Wayne (2011 Toy Fairs Exclusive)

He said he doesn't know how many he can get yet but he couldnt say an actual price because he doesn't know his self but he said he'll definitely be cheaper than the crazy prices there going for now.

Good to know, thanks.
Definatly going to have a look now from time to time on his shop.
:hi5:

Scalpers and flippers can kiss my A$$

So in the years to come when you realize that it's a viable method of getting collectibles that you want while providing collectors with a collectible they need, I can assume you'll be trying to kiss your own?

I have never been this worry about a figure this much until the announcement of this figure

Good movie though! :lol

hell yeah.

notwinkies1.jpg

"to twinkies!?" :horror

So in the years to come when you realize that it's a viable method of getting collectibles that you want while providing collectors with a collectible they need, I can assume you'll be trying to kiss your own?

Hey there's nothing wrong with selling for a profit but charging $800 for a figure that isn't even released yet is just ridiculous. I don't care how "rare" it is, takes the fun out of the hobby.

Hey there's nothing wrong with selling for a profit but charging $800 for a figure that isn't even released yet is just ridiculous. I don't care how "rare" it is, takes the fun out of the hobby.

It all depends on which end of the figure you're on. :lol

I sold the Guardian for $650 to someone once I got my delivery notice... I sleep just fine at night :lol

If people are dumb enough to pay, all the power to the seller

If the figure has been out for a year or so I can understand, but this is just crazy...........but y'all are right, if the buyer is dumb enough to buy it then it's his problem.

Nam, thats the point I was trying to make when my connection got trippy yesterday. Essentially, I'm not whining about flippers because everyone here is a flipper (to different degrees of course) based on the definition.

You see, people would pay a "flipper" $500 on ebay, while as a the "I'm not a flipper, I swear I was into the figure, I just need money (for another figure) SSF member" would be selling the same thing for $450 here without getting the "flipper" tag...So yah, all this whining about flipping doesn't make sense because the only difference is that most of us are not operating under the fast turn-around that ebay "flippers" are operating under.

I was getting into another thing, that is I'd pay $250 retail and have Hot Toys make 10,000 more units so there is enough supply to meet the demand, rather than have not enough supply, and allowing ebayers (the big flippers) to profit.

also realize this happens with every kind of collectible, not just toys... go on eBay now and someone has the regular Dark Knight version for over $1000. The Tumbler there are some at $3000+.

Im not sure why people try and list them this high because most people who collect these figures know the history of them. No one is going to pay $3000 for it.

and they are listing the figure for $600-800 early on because like we are all right now, no one knows the retail price, so people try and get away with selling these things really high. if they get like 1 or 2 people to bite at that price, then its worth it to them to sell it that high. Some people might actually buy it for that price. But to me thats just nuts. a single figure like this really should be in the $150-200 range at the most.

I used to get ________ about flippers, then I flipped something and felt better. Hey, I love the different Iron Men dollies but the "Secret Project" one is goofy (even I have my limits) so why not flip that SOB to put those funds towards stuff I really want. It makes sense. Try collecting something like MONDO posters...those are a real _____.

We can't say butt hurt? Jeez. Can we still say ___? Oh, guess not. Or ____? Nope.

Just because you can't afford something does it make the person selling it a bad person.

It's an expensive hobby to begin with, purchase what you can afford and move on, don't sit there and hate when things are more expensive than you are able to afford.

I love fast cars therefore I love exotic cars.

I can't afford a Bugatti or Ferrari but i'm not going to hate the person selling those cars, regardless if they're selling it at the original MSRP or if they jacked up the price another million dollars.

More power to the person that can afford it.

I can still appreciate and enjoy the artistic and performance qualities of those cars without actually owning one.

While I'm doing that, i'll go and purchase a sports car that I can afford and also enjoy that as well.

If I can't afford an expensive exclusive HT product, i'll still enjoy the videos and wallpapers made from them and then wait for an affordable non exclusive HT Batman that I can afford from the upcoming movie.

Hate = Fail

also realize this happens with every kind of collectible, not just toys... go on eBay now and someone has the regular Dark Knight version for over $1000. The Tumbler there are some at $3000+.

Im not sure why people try and list them this high because most people who collect these figures know the history of them. No one is going to pay $3000 for it.

and they are listing the figure for $600-800 early on because like we are all right now, no one knows the retail price, so people try and get away with selling these things really high. if they get like 1 or 2 people to bite at that price, then its worth it to them to sell it that high. Some people might actually buy it for that price. But to me thats just nuts. a single figure like this really should be in the $150-200 range at the most.

yah, and seems like they did suceed in getting a few collectors to bite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back