HT AvP:R 1/6 Wolf Predator Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That HT wolf's bio-helmet looks like crap, the right side (eye area) looks completely deformed.

That HT wolf's bio-helmet looks like crap, the right side (eye area) looks completely deformed.

Looks pretty good from here....
DSC_0277_resize_exposure.JPG

Wolf's looking a lot better.
Thanks for the pics and link. The Predalien is what it is. It's a bit of an ill-conceived design and nothing can really change that.
I'm keeping my pre-orders for the three of them.

Good for me, all things : color, sculpt, etc. except (yes ^^)

DSC_0357_resize_exposure.JPG

I would have preferred cloth and not plastic.

HOLY CRAP!

So...does this mean these are out in Japan, and we can expect them to start shipping soon?

I'M SO DAMN EXCITED! Yes...even for the Predalien. :D

Wolf looks great!!! :monkey5 I love the lean look as that is how he indeed looked in the movie!

I'm not too happy about the plastic loincloth either, I hope HT is not falling down a path of lost quality. :monkey2 I'm also worried that they skipped doing Davy Jones' coat in cloth because they just wanted to cut corners with that.

That first photo the guy had his lighting screwed up. In the shot with Scar you can definitely see he has a nearby traditional yellow bulb light on and that's probably throwing off his camera as well as the way the figure shows his color. Glad to see these recent photos show it correctly!

Hey! Where's the big huge "Cleaner Kit"? That huge nuke device that was referenced in the description. Did Hot Toys rush this guy out and forget (or put off) to make some stuff?

It's quite possible we might be getting a "Battle Damage" version with extra accessories now that I see it's missing a big one :monkey2

:lol @ Simpsons disease! Which reminds me... me and a friend were visuallizing what a Pred does when he gets home... is there a Mrs. Pred making dinner complaining that all he does is hang out and hunt with his mates? any kids? Funny but we were being silly at the time (think King Willies gang and what they are doing in their car)

Remember...Preds never get home...they all die...

In less than heroic ways might I add...

Hey! Where's the big huge "Cleaner Kit"? That huge nuke device that was referenced in the description. Did Hot Toys rush this guy out and forget (or put off) to make some stuff?

It's quite possible we might be getting a "Battle Damage" version with extra accessories now that I see it's missing a big one :monkey2

Here your cleaner kit (at the top) ... the huge nuke device is a package for his stuff (plus nuke ;))

DSC_0290_resize_exposure.JPG

That Predalien looks good. I don't know what is meant by bad design, I reckon it's brilliant. Don't have a clue about what is meant by the paint apps being bad. The truth will be revealed in hand. If you were never going to get it and you never liked it why would your opinion hold much weight? Why even bother to state it?

As far as the Wolf goes, these are pics. Pics lie. I was hoping Hot Toys might have bettered themselves upon a new release. That doesn't seem to be the case. I guess there will be a spate of people hunting down a P2 real loin cloth, if this one is plastic.

I'm a big advocate of the distortion of photography if not done right, but quite clearly, the paint apps on the PredAlien, if this is a production piece, have departed significantly from the prototype.

DSC_0435_resize_exposure.JPG

6366_press02-001.jpg

The NECA figure has a far more intricate and accurrate paint scheme.

8.jpg

It could be another case of the lighting but if not those big red spots are the wrong color. :google

I'll wait to have these figures in hand to judge them but I have to admit I'm getting a little disappointed. :monkey2

It could be another case of the lighting but if not those big red spots are the wrong color. :google

I'll wait to have these figures in hand to judge them but I have to admit I'm getting a little disappointed. :monkey2

Yeah me too. However, think of what a Les repaint may look like. :D

Yeah me too. However, think of what a Les repaint may look like. :D

Les can only do so much though, I remember he found the rubber elements on the ALIENS warrior challenging, which is also why I think some of the apps on PredAlien came out like they did from HT, rubber's not conducive to great paint apps. I don't quite get what the red parts are about though.

The Wolf looks better in the latest pictures. The alien well...is an alien. They all look alike...so no surprises there. But That Predalien....just looks ****ty. Nothing like the proto. The design is OK but the paint app just sucks!

Sorry but i think Wolf is absolute garbage..

HOT TOYS ARE THAT TIGHT that they cant give netting that goes in between his legs like a leotard? no they give a piece of **** netting suit that will ride up his body
with no support whatsoever to stay intact on the whole top half of his body

HT have lost me, wont even be getting P1, the dioramas are enough for me and thank god for that.

Last edited:
Requested a refund for the Wolf hopefully it will be accepted, with each figure HT bring up they get stingier and stingier

Back