HT ALIEN: KANE or DALLAS or BOTH? Which will you get?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DALLAS or KANE or BOTH?

• Just getting DALLAS

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • Just getting KANE

Votes: 24 22.9%
  • Gonna get BOTH

Votes: 47 44.8%
  • NEITHER, not interested or will decide after more characters are made

Votes: 32 30.5%

• Total voters
right now i have both preordered. dont know if ill keep both. i hope they unveil a couple more charactors before these ship to help me with my decision. id kinda like to be a completist in this line cuz this movie brings back some fond memories of my younger days when i used to watch it alot. just watched it again the other night and i still enjoy it. however this line might be too spendy so ill have to see what i want to do. think they'll do a figure of kane with the alien bursting through his chest? or is that in poor taste?

yeah i think im definitely keeping them both. just wish we knew if those helmets are removable. that'd make em 10 times sweeter. may have to sacrifice the anakin PF to get these. im more of a 1/6 scale collector anyway.

Kane DOES look like Kane to me now...just wish those heads didn't sit down soooooo low in the helmet.

I hope that gets addressed -- HT, you listening?

agreed, but looking at the figures overall, the head already seems too high off the shoulders.

These are cool looking figures, but anatomically there are a few issues going on.

agreed, but looking at the figures overall, the head already seems too high off the shoulders.

These are cool looking figures, but anatomically there are a few issues going on.
its almost like the helmets were designed for SS's oversized heads but then they filled them with regular size hot toys heads.

True. Maybe the helmet needs to be lowered, or allowed to settle down more.

Now I have to contact Glenn (Hurricane) to see about real "steam" exhaust! :D

I really don't see John Hurt there at all but then again, does anyone Really plan on not displaying the Facehugger version????

its almost like the helmets were designed for SS's oversized heads but then they filled them with regular size hot toys heads.

Well, I don't feel SSC has oversized heads, but I do feel the head size is what throws these off.

I'm guessing that HT is using the standard body underneath the suits. In doing that, I think it enlarges the suits, they keep the helmet in scale to the suit, but then the head is in scale to the body and ultimately it's a mismatch. I think these figures would benefit from a practice like Sideshow is doing by using a body slimmed down with the intent of being inside a thicker ammount of gear, and HT does plent of such figures so it wouldn't be a waste to invest in such a body.

Again, these are still cool figures if you just take them in as a whole, but on a detailed look, there are some issues.

I really don't see John Hurt there at all but then again, does anyone Really plan on not displaying the Facehugger version????

I'm not sure how you can say that you see Cate Blanchett in that Galadriel PF and not see at least a little John Hurt there (keeping in mind that we only see the top half of the sculpt). But these are of course very subjective things.

By the way, I don't think anyone commented on this, but you can see the facehuggered head and damaged glass in the photo below. It looks to me that the helmet itself may not be removable, but the glass and head are.

hongkong3066zg1.jpg

I think you are right about the glass being removable... although I wonder how the head will come off. Since iI imagne the face hugger is the whole neck instead of just a head.

Unless of course you can just remove the helmet and then also switch out the "glass" part.

Damn these look sweet, and notice they stand has a different design for the prongs. Seems these would be less likely to damage the rubber of the suits.

Still think the huggered head is all wrong since it should still have the snoopy cap on (even although in the film when they cut the helmet off Kane its mysteriously gone). :blissysmi
Plus has anyone noticed that the portable crane is listed as part of Kanes accessories too? :D

Sentry1

Back