How to Medicom figures fit in with SSCs?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Xander

Super Freak
Reaction score
I know Vader is out of scale, which REALLY sucks, but how do the others fit? I'm tempted to pick up a Clone Trooper, not too interested in the Stormtrooper (funky helmet). Any thoughts?

I too would like to hear comments regarding this thread. However, I am very interested in purchasing the Stormtroopers. I have two Marmit figures, and want something different so they stand out. Are the helmets really that bad?

I had a Medicom Stormtrooper, they're short, but not terrible and I thought the helmet looked fine.

Luke and Vader of course are really pretty short but I think they are great in their own way. I don't really display the Medicom's with the Sideshow, but I think in different areas they look great.

Yeah I keep my Medicom and SSC seperate, just because Medicom has a more cartoony style, and SSC is more reaistic.

Monitor said:
I know Vader is out of scale, which REALLY sucks, but how do the others fit? I'm tempted to pick up a Clone Trooper, not too interested in the Stormtrooper (funky helmet). Any thoughts?

You can do what some people have done with the Medicom Superman to give him height. Pull his boots off and put some stuffing in the bottom. When you put the boots back on, he's taller.

Here are some pics for comparison. If you stand SS Luke and Medi Vader straight up right next to each other they are very out of scale (Luke being a little taller) but when they are posed in a particular way (with Luke a little crouched) they look pretty good together IMO. As far as the "cartoonyness" of them...the stormtroopers helmet paint apps do look a little that way...but Vader doesn't look that way at all IMO. I've said it before and I'll say it again...the Medi Vader is one of (if not THE) best figures I own.

**btw, this is the ROTJ Vader, I've heard conflicting reports as to wether the ROTS Vader is taller, shorter, or the same. That's because you can extend each's legs somewhat longer so it just depends on how they are adjusted. On mine this doesn't really make a difference since the leg extensions aren't tight enough to hold up his weight, and therefore sinks back to the original position.**

Lukevader1.jpg

LukeVader01.jpg

wolviescale.jpg

medvaderluke.jpg

medvaderduel.jpg

Darth Waller said:
You can do what some people have done with the Medicom Superman to give him height. Pull his boots off and put some stuffing in the bottom. When you put the boots back on, he's taller.

i did this w/ my ROTS Medi Vader and he's taller now, and looks better when posed w/ SS figs but his legs do look abnormally long. thankfully his cape obscures this to a great extent

Seth Gecko said:
DSC00355.jpg

DSC00232_00.jpg

Not bad IMO unless your super anal

Yeah... I'm gonna need you to go ahead and put me in the 'super anal' catagory, m'kay... that'd be great.

"Super anal?! Sh'yeah, that's what she said."

instead of the anal retentive chef. it's the anal retentive SW figure collecters.

got it!:D

For comparison purposes...

Here's Luke (the SHORT Sideshow Body) back to back to Obi (Sideshow's AVERAGE sized body).

Now here's Luke back to back with my Medicom Matrix Neo as tall as I can make him -- WITH shoe lifts and extentions.

Here's Neo WITHOUT lifts and extentions.

Here's Neo again, this time next to Obi...

WITH lifts and extentions...

and WITHOUT...

Seth Gecko said:
ooo lets see some pics of neo he looks pretty cool.

He is! One of my favorites to be sure. But I upgraded his coat and it needs a little more love and care before it's photo worthy.

I gotta tell ya, thought, I had the worst experience with him. Earlier this year I paid what I thought was a good price for him Mint In Unopened Box. But when I got him from Hong Kong his shoulder ball was broken -- I had to take it apart and glue the screw in place with super glue. Later that night his right hip peg (the one with the screw housing) broke and again -- super glue. The next day his right knee broke in half -- more super glue. Either it wasn't unopened box and was crushed and/or his body was a lemon from the factory. I'm just glad it was all super glue fixable.

no kiddin damn you sure it wasnt played with/tortured before you got it?
i'd be so pissed.(thank god i've never had a problem with any of my medicom figs)

if SS made luke shorter than Obi why didn't they make Qui-Gon taller than obi and anakin? because that would be a body they don't mass product?

Back