How to Medicom figures fit in with SSCs?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
that's one hell of a bad day for a medicom figure

Vader AL said:
if SS made luke shorter than Obi why didn't they make Qui-Gon taller than obi and anakin? because that would be a body they don't mass product?

Yeah, I think the only bodies they have that are taller are the Big Boy bodies and the body they used for Jason 3 and Jaws. The Big Boys are too bulky for Qui-Gon and the other body has no torso articulation to speak of.... so either way it's a losing battle.

I might actually use one of my Jason Bodies (JGTH) and switch the heads for fun just to see if it looks good. If it does, I'll just pull a switcheroo....:D

Seth Gecko said:
no kiddin damn you sure it wasnt played with/tortured before you got it?

It wasn't obviously tortured. My guess is something fell on its right leg, either at the factory or at the hands of the seller (who sold it as "mint in unopened box"). The shoulder ball's problem was its screw housing -- which was stripped so that the screw found no friction. The only thing that could do that would be if someone at the factory screwed it way too tightly. I'm guessing it was either someone's first day at Medicom or their last.

But like with so many things, a little super glue saved the day!

Oh, and the original coat had a problem, too. The inside seam didn't go all the way to the armpit so there was a hole -- if we hadn't caught it right away, it would have grown and been really bad. But we put in a couple stitches and now it's fine.

galactiboy said:
Actually that's a guest reviewer :D So, no definitive answer yet. I did prefer the articulation and quality of the Medicom version, but for some reason the Marmit looked better? Really just a personal preference more than anything.

I actually agree with you. Marmit got the sculpt of the helmet more precise. In medicom's, the eye lens goes right against the rim of the dome, but there's supposed to be at least a small bit of white in between. Also the helmets were large enough that it covered most of the neck.

The marmit is showing way too much leg though... just goes to show that neither of them have it down. And hasbro's was just awful.

galactiboy said:
Actually that's a guest reviewer :D So, no definitive answer yet. I did prefer the articulation and quality of the Medicom version, but for some reason the Marmit looked better? Really just a personal preference more than anything.

yeah i know just thought i'd throw it out there.:D yeah it's all what you like more.

gdb said:
It wasn't obviously tortured. My guess is something fell on its right leg, either at the factory or at the hands of the seller (who sold it as "mint in unopened box"). The shoulder ball's problem was its screw housing -- which was stripped so that the screw found no friction. The only thing that could do that would be if someone at the factory screwed it way too tightly. I'm guessing it was either someone's first day at Medicom or their last.

Oh, and the original coat had a problem, too. The inside seam didn't go all the way to the armpit so there was a hole -- if we hadn't caught it right away, it would have grown and been really bad. But we put in a couple stitches and now it's fine.

super glue is awesome

gdb said:

I actually had similar problems with a Medicom Cro-Magnon body I bought when they first came out. I think the far more likely answer is that the Medicom factory uses very poor quality plastic.

I'll be the anal retentive type and say that if the Medicom Stormtrooper is shorter then Luke, and luke in the Stormtrooper armor was in the movie "a little short to be a Stormtrooper" then they won't fit in very well with the Sideshow offerings.

screamingmetal said:
I actually had similar problems with a Medicom Cro-Magnon body I bought when they first came out. I think the far more likely answer is that the Medicom factory uses very poor quality plastic.

I'll be the anal retentive type and say that if the Medicom Stormtrooper is shorter then Luke, and luke in the Stormtrooper armor was in the movie "a little short to be a Stormtrooper" then they won't fit in very well with the Sideshow offerings.

I think you're right about the quality of the plastic. And it lends credability to my pet theory that something fell on it, causing so much damage, yet, if witnessed, might not stand out as being a reason to junk the body. Or maybe it just fell one too many times before he got to me. Dunno. I'd swap him for a Hot Toys body if their heads were compatible.

Back