How to clean a statue, I know...the "question" forum won't load

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd send it back. At least make a stink with the seller to maybe get some money back. That is not perfect shape.

I think I can just clean it though? Nothings broken and I really like and there are no more on ebay. So....how can I clean this thing?

Pics? Um....it's just like a layer somewhat sticky dust but it can be removed. Can you put resin in warm water?

a can of compressed air is real good at getting dust out of detailed textured area's

Thanks guys. lol. Her dagger came broken at the base of the handle that ____ing _______ piece of ____. While I was cleaning the rogue a tiny piece of her armor chipped off. lol *********. Anyone know any good super glues? lol

a can of compressed air is real good at getting dust out of detailed textured area's

For the smell, find a box that the statue will fit in completely. Layer the bottom of the box with dryer sheets, place statue in and close the box. Give it a few hours or more depending on the severity of the smell and you should be good.

Both of these are good suggestions. Definitely avoid trying to wiping it down with anything wet like a wash cloth or something like that.

Sucks that it comes smelling like that when it was described as perfect condition.

I think I can just clean it though? Nothings broken and I really like and there are no more on ebay. So....how can I clean this thing?

Pics? Um....it's just like a layer somewhat sticky dust but it can be removed. Can you put resin in warm water?

NO!!!!!!

some people have some good idea here, so go with those...never ever put it in water.

The seller on ebay is 'thighoftheliger' who is known on this and other forums as 'SabianSix'. I bought two pieces from him, both were flawed, and yet described as mint. He has a For Sale thread he is currently bumping, but I would stay away from it.

The seller on ebay is 'computer_fly' who is known on this and other forums as 'SabianSix'. I bought two pieces from him, both were flawed, and yet described as mint. He has a For Sale thread he is currently bumping, but I would stay away from it.

ftfy! :D You inspired my name change!

Both described as mint, really? How about you feel free to post the PMs we had in their totality. Please, by all means, I would encourage that. Ok, all done here.

Last edited:
For the smell, find a box that the statue will fit in completely. Layer the bottom of the box with dryer sheets, place statue in and close the box. Give it a few hours or more depending on the severity of the smell and you should be good.

Me too, I'd like to know what to do against cigarette smell. Dryer sheets are not so widely spread here in EU as they are perhaps in the US. A couple of years back I won a polystone figure on Ebay. And while I consider myself to be a polite person, I really really really really really would like to use all vituperations I can think off to describe the piece of ____ _______ who put the thing up for auction as mint. It was damaged and it smelled of cigarette. I filed a claim, but Ebay looked the other way (____ you Ebay). So now it been in it's box ever since. Expensive space-waster... .

Me too, I'd like to know what to do against cigarette smell. Dryer sheets are not so widely spread here in EU as they are perhaps in the US. A couple of years back I won a polystone figure on Ebay. And while I consider myself to be a polite person, I really really really really really would like to use all vituperations I can think off to describe the piece of ____ _______ who put the thing up for auction as mint. It was damaged and it smelled of cigarette. I filed a claim, but Ebay looked the other way (____ you Ebay). So now it been in it's box ever since. Expensive space-waster... .

I know cat litter can be a good absorber of smells to. You might try the same trick mentioned above by lining the bottom portion of the box with plastic, then filling the bottom with a small layer of cat litter (I would personally find and use a litter that isn't fine in texture), I would also place a couple of paper towels down over the layer where my collectible would be sitting to protect the base from any dust that could come off the litter, place piece in box and close the box up. This trick may take a bit longer than dryer sheets, but it should absorb the smell too!

I use dusters, makeup brushes and on the larger pieces I use the Computer keyboard canned air. It's just air and it doesn't harm them if used correctly. I don't use them on the faces. I use my makeup brushes for those.

Back