So if I don't want a shelving system, how do I keep my statues clean?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nearmint

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Statues are a new hobby for me. I've collected comics for decades, and only recently decided it would be fun to display a few statues. I picked up the Batgirl PF, have the Batman AA PF on preorder, and have waitlisted the Supes PF and Hulk Maquette. I have three 42" Billy bookcases full of graphic novels, and my plan is to simply display the four statues on top of the bookcases. The Hulk will probably be too big for that (have to figure that out), but the other three will fit nicely.

My question is, for those who don't go the shelving route, how do you clean your statues of dust? As a dad, I tend to use baby wipes for everything, but don't want to try this on a statue without knowing if I'm going to damage the paint.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Jeff

MAC Brushes:

mac_sku_MYHX01_640x600_0.jpg

mac_sku_MY5N01_640x600_0.jpg

definitely no wet wipes. I have a fairly large watercolor brush with some soft bristles and I use canned compressed air.

For dusting of flat areas such as the base, I use a "Swiffer" sheet.

Careful not to snag it on a statue piece or you may snap it off.

I also use a can of compressed air.

Thanks for the tips. Here's my modest set-up. I really like having my statues visible from all angles, rather than walled off on shelves. It gives the presentation more of a museum feel, I think.

As for cleaning, I think the microfiber towels and compressed air should work nicely.

87D76F33-AC00-4F85-BCF7-EE5B02B18B83_zpspdzro0mk.jpg

Back