[Q] Current value of the Wolf Predator LSB

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phantom

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Hi guys!

I have a question and it's a little urgent, so I'd be happy to receive some feedback here. A fellow collector is selling his Sideshow Collectibles "Aliens vs. Predator: Requiem" Predator Life-size-Bust (also known as Wolf Predator).

I'm talking about this one:

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=4489&sku=2948&ref=header&live&search

2948_press01-001.jpg

Now he wants me to make an offer and I'm not really sure what this bust is worth at the moment. It went for $899.99 in 2008 and it was limited to 750 pieces.

Since I started collecting in 2010, I didn't have a chance to get this bust and anyone that I came in contact with and who owns the Wolf Predator, was telling me that he would never even consider selling it.

Maybe you can help me out and tell me if you have any clue, what you pay for this rare item these days. THANKS! :)

Last edited:
If the dreads and paint are in good nick, I would expect it to go for around $1000-1100. I dont think this one has really hit its stride yet, but it should be worth a little more than retail now that it is sold out everywhere. Someone on the statue forums does a life-size bust ebay report, he takes note of all SS sales over a month...I would try to find that and see what it has been selling for recently.

Well, one of the dreads got a few scratches, the varnish seems to come off a bit. He told me that it was a recurring problem with latex (instead of polystone or resin). It seems to be a minor problem because it's one of the lower dreads, so it gets covered by the others. Nothing's broken, the rest is fine (as new) and it comes from a smokefree home, was only shortly displayed in a glass cabinet or something alike and was then put back in the box, because he didn't have room to display the bust due to his growing collection.

Recently some seller from austria offered me a similar Wolf-Predator LSB for $2,800 but that sounded to me like a joke... ;)

Couldn't find the eBay report in the statues forum so far, but I'll keep searching.

Of course, the fact that you are in Germany will change things, as I'm sure shipping will be huge on a piece this size. The Wolf bust suffered from 2 things...the paint flaking off, and the dreads cracking and breaking. Those are signifigant issues that need to be watched for closely. The good news is that SS was sending out replacement dreads at one point, but I'm not sure how long that policy will last. To be honest, at this point you are probably better off getting the Berserker bust. It will likely turn out better and will probably cost you less money...

Yea, I guess you're right, the only problem is that I don't like the Berserker Predator (as a character) too much. No question, it's the biggest Predator bust so far and I'm pretty sure that Sideshow will do a great job on this piece. As far as I'm concerned, I prefer the classic Pred and the AvP one. Even the PredAlien was not for me.

Shipping is not the problem, the collector I'm talking about is from Europe, so there won't be any additional taxes or anything like that. The seller from austria didn't have a clue about the actual value of the bust, if you ask me...

Good to know that the cracking dreads are a common problem. I guess that it's similar to the rubber bodies of some of the older Hot Toys figures. People were always complaining about the rubber cracking, when the figure was displayed in a certain pose for a while.

I keep seeing him sold for at least $ 1700 and above a couple of times on eBay. I actually saw someone buy it for 2800 too! I got mine not to long ago for $1100 but I thought I was really really lucky due to certain circumstances. I'd say make an offer for $ 1200 without shipping. ( I've seen it on eBay for much higher recently but start off a lil low, who knows, might get a bite) ;)

Too late, he already sold it, I posted it in the Q&A thread...
Well, there's nothing I can do about it.

@Freak_Zombie: $2,800 is wayyy overpriced, if you ask me... but some people don't care about money and would pay anything to complete their collection. ;)

Back