How SideShow could do it next

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ooooo - a club. Cool beans! I spent a lot of time with Playmates discussing the best ways to go about setting up a club and we almost got it off the ground...then WOS started to fold too quickly.

Anyway, best to pay particular attention to what has worked and what hasn't with past clubs, like McToys, MAC, Palisades, and Art Asylum. Much can be learned from history...

Michael
MWC

Interesting indeed. A Club would be cool but I can already see some people bitching about it.

Just to be clear - its not a sure thing..:) We are in the early stages of evaluating it.

In fact, I think I'll start a new thread and maybe Dave can Sticky it, on what you'd like to see in a Collector's club.

Michael, I'd particularly like to hear your opinions on the topic.

A collector's club is a great idea - I like Palisades' model more than what Master Replicas just announced, but however it's done, it could be a great tool for SSC.

You know, I'm really digging the new MR collector's club - the amount of credits issued for future purchases is very appealing! I have never actually bought anything from them before, but I'm seriously considering joining the Club in order to get the credits toward purchases (I really want a Force FX saber) and also the exclusive Darth Maul scaled saber. Palisades' club doesn't seem to offer quite as much? But I'm not really that familiar with it, since I'm not a member! :dunno

I'm all for a collector's club especially since I always buy direct from SS. It'd be a nice way for SS to say thank you to their loyal customers.

:skull

So would this 'club' mean you have to pay a fee every year or a fee to get in? And would have to buy a certain number of items every year?

Back