How old are you?

• Thread starter The Dwimmerlaik
  • Start date
Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually, science has proven we have "internal clocks" that speed up as we age. In a non-controlled, unscientific experiment, people were stopped on the street and asked to count to 1 minute by seconds. Younger people almost without fail, got to 60 before the stopwatch did, and therefore perceived that time was moving "slowly", while older people invariable got to 60 after the stopwatch, perceiving time as moving "faster". Science hasn't figured out why, but time really does "speed up" or at least we perceive it as speeding up, as we grow old.

And I'm now 52 but still feel 18!

do-you-even-lift-heavy-things-up-and-put-them-down.jpg

Ski

Not saying if that's right or wrong but, I think the answer is a lot simpler than that:

Patience/activity dictates your perception of time.

If you're impatient and/or not doing anything, regardless of your age, you'll perceive time going by slower than if you have patience and/or are busy doing something.

I read an article about this some time ago and it seems it has to do with doing the same things every single day and not learning new things as you age. Everything is new when you're young, but when you're older, you pretty much do the same things everyday. Get up at the same time, go to bed at the same time. Do the same things at the same time. Makes sense I guess.

42 :(...2 years ago I was in the best shape of my life and felt 18...put on a few pounds since then (nothing drastic) and now feel like 60 and sore everywhere. You can feel so different at this age with every passing day and minor change to your body or health.

Last edited:
I'm a mere 29 and I feel physically drained these days. I've never been fit but I think its now manifesting regardless of whether I do something physically exerting or not.

I'm a mere 29 and I feel physically drained these days. I've never been fit but I think its now manifesting regardless of whether I do something physically exerting or not.

It's in your head. Just go out and walk or run instead of posting crap on here.

I turned 30 on Sunday April 8th. Feels good to be 30. Not scary at all.

If you don't see me when I turn 40, it's because I've pitched myself off a cliff.

Back