How old are you?

• Thread starter The Dwimmerlaik
  • Start date
Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My brain, alas, is simply incapable of understanding anything outside of basic addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.

That's ok and good enough. High math is mostly over-rated. I took 2 physics and 2 calculus and its mostly useless. Incredible how its a requirement for an architecture degree. I am in IT now and I can say that I haven't seen any of it on the work force, anywhere. Few jobs out there uses high math. Unless u go for math professor/teacher or NASA. Heck they did report a pot substance in NASA launch site before, LOL.

My brain, alas, is simply incapable of understanding anything outside of basic addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.

Mine too. I can hardly multiple and divide, much less do equations with letters and crap in them! :lol And my life has not missed those higher-level math knowledge at all. For the majority of the population, including myself, the knowledge of calculus, statistics, physics, etc. is absolutely useless.

I remember talking to my uncle who was in his 40s then, that Christmas was a long ways off (it was summer). He said, wait till you get older, time goes faster as you age. I didn't believe him then, but I sure do now. It's almost scary how fast the days go!

That's because at 10, 5 years is half your life, but at 30, 5 years is only 1/6th your life. The more time goes by, the shorter each unit of time will be relative to your lifespan, and so it will seem like a shorter length of time to you, and thus time will seem to speed up for you.

I'm turning 26 tomorrow.

I don't celebrate Valentines day, Single Awareness day or get flat drunk off your ass day. I celebrate my Birthday :)

That's because at 10, 5 years is half your life, but at 30, 5 years is only 1/6th your life. The more time goes by, the shorter each unit of time will be relative to your lifespan, and so it will seem like a shorter length of time to you, and thus time will seem to speed up for you.

Not saying if that's right or wrong but, I think the answer is a lot simpler than that:

Patience/activity dictates your perception of time.

If you're impatient and/or not doing anything, regardless of your age, you'll perceive time going by slower than if you have patience and/or are busy doing something.

Last edited:
Not saying if that's right or wrong but, I think the answer is a lot simpler than that:

If you're impatient and/or not doing anything, regardless of your age, you'll perceive time going by slower than if you have patients and/or are busy doing something.

I'm not fully certified so I don't have any patients.

If you're impatient and/or not doing anything, regardless of your age, you'll perceive time going by slower than if you have patients and/or are busy doing something.

I agree with this completely.
Several years ago, I went through another partying stage again when myself and my closest friends were single.
We were going out even on weekdays, and specially every weekend. And I noticed that that year seemed it went by a lot slower cause we were going out a lot.
Then after that year, got into a relationship, where basically, you just work on weekdays and only go out on Weekends and I noticed that the year went by fast again cause basically the weekdays are a blur, and you only live for the weekends.

I say it's a bit of both. Certainly perspective is at least somewhat of a factor.

I'm not fully certified so I don't have any patients.

:lol I knew there was something off about that post.

I have a 9-5, monday-friday job, and a two-year-old. I swear to God, sometimes I jump through ____ing wormholes.

Back