How old are you?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Your age?

• 1-15

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • 16-20

Votes: 13 5.0%
  • 21-25

Votes: 29 11.2%
  • 26-30

Votes: 41 15.9%
  • 31-35

Votes: 42 16.3%
  • 36-40

Votes: 63 24.4%
  • 41-45

Votes: 32 12.4%
  • 46-50

Votes: 24 9.3%
  • 51-60

Votes: 11 4.3%
  • 60 or better :)

Votes: 2 0.8%

• Total voters
I have lived for 3 decades! :yess:

This is the only forum that I have been that is the most active one, thanks for having me here! :clap

Turned 54 in August and have been collecting HT since February; I figure I have another 54 years to go!

I often think that people misconstrue (like with many other things and terms these days) what it means to be "immature". Simply collecting collectibles, taking an interest in and enjoying the same things that you enjoyed during your youth, does not make one "immature". As if at a certain age, one is supposed to start from scratch and acquire an entirely new set of interests and likes and forget anything they ever liked in the past.

I've always maintained the conviction that while of course one should grow-up mentally; be responsible, be courteous and respectful to others, speak intelligently, possess integrity, etc., you should never let die (the inner child) what makes you, you. You shouldn't ever have to apologize for, require approval, or be patted on the hand so to speak and be told it's ok to like what you like (given that it is harmless and doesn't degrade nor harm others).

Well said. :clap :clap :clap +1

BTW...I'm old but young at heart. :yess:

I'll NEVER grow up and I plan to go kicking & screaming into "adulthood"!

teaser_13_0.jpg

Last edited:
I'm 35 and have been collecting since December. I have 4 Hot Toys with about 7 preordered. I also have 12 statues. Wish I had found out about HT a little earlier. I'd have about 5 less statues and 3 more HT. I'm way to lazy to try and sell the statues and I do like them.

I'm 37 and started collecting comic books in middle school. I started collecting action figures when I saw series 1 of Spawn in a comic shop. I bought my first statue in 2004 and have never looked back lol. I collect mostly statues now with a few figures, artwork, and posters/prints thrown in the mix.

My two favorite characters have always been Supes and Captain America. I have liked Supes since I was in Kindergarten and I started getting into Captain America as being one of my favorites as well, around middle school.

When I was in 1st grade, I remember dressing up as Superman for Halloween. While out at recess, a few girls who were dressed as princesses (including my schoolyard crush) were being humorously chased by this other kid who was dressed as a vampire and kept chomping his fangs at them. The princesses all ran to me for help because/since I was dressed as/supposed to be Superman. :lol

My reaction was pretty much:

ak5GwSd.gif

I'm 36 and love this hobby. I've been collecting since September of 2013, so 2 Years now. I'm up to 30 hot toys (most all iron man) and counting. Have about 9 figures on preorder and that included hulkbuster :yess:

46 Iron Man figs!! Can you list them all so I can see where I stack up against your list?

This. Please list if you have the time. I thought I had all the hpp armors except snapper and peacemaker (which I sold off) and the rest striker, tank, shotgun, mk 9, hulkbuster and 45 on preorder. I'm only up to 20 including tony stark IM3 set. Lol

49, and I've been a collector since I was a little kid. Been collecting 1/6 off and on since I got my first G.I. Joe. Collect from many brands, and have about a 100 figures. But I don't just collect boxed figures, I like to customize and kitbash my own; doing that is often more fun than just buying a pre-made figure.

I'm 27 (28 in two weeks).
Have only been collecting for about a year. Stumbled upon a link to the speeder bike and got hooked. Never collected anything before, it's easy to get hooked.

Good thing I've finally found a woman that let's me embrace my nerdiness. :)

Mid-30s, started this summer, so just a few figures so far. Besides, I'm not collecting, I'm just decorating the room.

Yes, that's the excuse I'm going with... :slap

Back