How old are you?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Your age?

• 1-15

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • 16-20

Votes: 13 5.0%
  • 21-25

Votes: 29 11.2%
  • 26-30

Votes: 41 15.9%
  • 31-35

Votes: 42 16.3%
  • 36-40

Votes: 63 24.4%
  • 41-45

Votes: 32 12.4%
  • 46-50

Votes: 24 9.3%
  • 51-60

Votes: 11 4.3%
  • 60 or better :)

Votes: 2 0.8%

• Total voters
I'm 34 and for better or worse, collecting is part of my personality, really. :)

I often think that people misconstrue (like with many other things and terms these days) what it means to be "immature". Simply collecting collectibles, taking an interest in and enjoying the same things that you enjoyed during your youth, does not make one "immature". As if at a certain age, one is supposed to start from scratch and acquire an entirely new set of interests and likes and forget anything they ever liked in the past.

I've always maintained the conviction that while of course one should grow-up mentally; be responsible, be courteous and respectful to others, speak intelligently, possess integrity, etc., you should never let die (the inner child) what makes you, you. You shouldn't ever have to apologize for, require approval, or be patted on the hand so to speak and be told it's ok to like what you like (given that it is harmless and doesn't degrade nor harm others).

BOOYA! Nailed it. :clap

Some great replies and points made in here :duff. Where else can a hobby bring together all genders and ages for a common goal of having fun, sharing, agreeing to disagree at times and just plain chat about what makes us tick. In here, people get it. We don't need to explain why or how we collect. There are A LOT of great people on here and I am very privileged to be amongst all of you. :duff Cheers mates!!!

Some great replies and points made in here :duff. Where else can a hobby bring together all genders and ages for a common goal of having fun, sharing, agreeing to disagree at times and just plain chat about what makes us tick. In here, people get it. We don't need to explain why or how we collect. There are A LOT of great people on here and I am very privileged to be amongst all of you. :duff Cheers mates!!!

I feel the same way :hi5:

37yrs and I have 140 Hot Toys/Sideshow pieces.
46 Iron man/Tony Stark figures.

Started collecting in Jan 2012, this site started it all while browsing one day.

So my figures and my iron man collection is greater than my age. :lol

37<140 1/6 Figs
37<46 Iron Man

Another for the most popular age range (so far) 33, with 17 figures. I really like this thread, good to get a perspective on things. Shows these really aren't kids toys but I love that it makes me feel like a kid with the excitement of a new addition! I work for a certain Mouse based company and am always seeing things about not losing your inner child, so I see this as my way of doing that. And since Marvel is owned by said Mouse based company, it's like I am learning product knowledge so its allowed. Right...?

Well said as always :clap

37yrs and I have 140 Hot Toys/Sideshow pieces.
46 Iron man/Tony Stark figures.

Started collecting in Jan 2012, this site started it all while browsing one day.

So my figures and my iron man collection is greater than my age. :lol

37<140 1/6 Figs
37<46 Iron Man

46 Iron Man figs!! Can you list them all so I can see where I stack up against your list?

Welcome to the forum & the hobby Craig :duff

Even though the poll has only been up for a few hours I think you're already getting a sense of the demographic here. I'd say there are a lot less teenagers here than your wife or most people who aren't really familiar with the hobby would think. The majority of people that I've been brushing shoulders with here over the years are mostly late 20's to late 40's, and a good handful even older than that. A lot of folks here that come to mind, both guy & gals are married with kids.

I just turned 39 last month and I've been collecting for 4 years. My main thing is 1/6 figures but I dabble here and there in other scales and things like prop replicas.

I have over 130 1/6 figs and counting

[/old man voice]

"Back in my day......figures didn't look anything like the movie.......BECAUSE THERE WASN'T A MOVIE!!! And then the rubber band broke and the arms and legs fell off......."

Back