How much is too much for a single 1/6th figure?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What is your limit for a mass produced 1/6th scale figure?

• Total voters
Well I voted $350 as my max but in general $300 is my limit. I am getting to a point of stopping myself if the prices keep on going up. They are getting ridiculous so that's the reason i'm cutting back big time. I know over the years prices will keep on escalating but that's why I must cut back on the hobby.

For a single item I feel $300 is just too much even if it comes with 6 sets of hands and 1 extra gun it's still not worth it at that price!

I agree. In fact all threads need companion threads asking the same thing but in different words.

I've been thinking of a new way to pretty much just post a wishlist thread that doesn't have ''wishlist'' in the title. It's a bit longwinded but I like it: ''What figures could Hot Toys make that would ensure you never again complain about another Iron Man release?''

I like it, I'm just not bold enough to post it.
:lol :lol :lol

If HT pulled their finger out & made impeccable analogues of Lynda Carter WW & Lou Ferrigno HULK, I wouldn't care about what they made after that. :lol

:lol :lol :lol

If HT pulled their finger out & made impeccable analogues of Lynda Carter WW & Lou Ferrigno HULK, I wouldn't care about what they made after that. :lol

Those would be cool. What about pot-bellied Spider-man from the TV show of around the same time?

My list would be a little bigger -

T1 Kyle Reese
T1 Sarah Connor
T2 young John Connor
Fully kitted out Aliens version of Ripley
Hicks 2.0
Hudson 2.0
Vasquez 2.0
Drake 2.0
ideally Apone 2.0 aswell but I don't think he'd sign off on the use of his likeness
John McClane
Riggs & Murtaugh
Doc Brown

I think I'll leave it at that. If Hot Toys made these I would never facepalm at any other release ever again.

Those would be cool. What about pot-bellied Spider-man from the TV show of around the same time?
Nicholas Hammond? Actually.. yes. Yes I would. :)

Let me amend my short list to also include:

Clint from FFoD
Yul Brynner from Westworld
Starbuck, Apollo & Cylon centurion from OG BSG
KISS - all four

My list would be a little bigger -

T1 Kyle Reese
T1 Sarah Connor
T2 young John Connor
NAW!!! I don't believe you.

Fully kitted out Aliens version of Ripley
Hicks 2.0
Hudson 2.0
Vasquez 2.0
Drake 2.0
ideally Apone 2.0 aswell but I don't think he'd sign off on the use of his likeness
John McClane
Riggs & Murtaugh
Doc Brown

I think I'll leave it at that. If Hot Toys made these I would never facepalm at any other release ever again.
I love the ALIEN films just as much as the next nerd, but the 79 Ripley & my NECA little chap are more than enough for me to have as ambassadors. Still, they've done some of those guys once already, & we all know how much dey LUVZ dere 2.0s... so who knows - official specs may have me reconsidering my position again. :lol

I voted $250 but I've gone up to $290 for the Tamashii C3-PO.

I don't know if I can justify over $250 for figures in general. If it's one every once in a while, then ok. I spent that much on HT's Indy (despite the terrible face sculpt), and I'm getting HT's Chewie and Han, which are right around that price. But I am collecting these SW HT figures with my eye on the finish line. I have already cut down my figure shopping to maybe about 2 a year (for the past 4 years), give or take. And once I have the few figures I want to fill the gaps in my collection, I don't know if I will really ever get anything else, except rare grails that at this point have little or no chance of being made (like official releases of Blade Runner Deckard, Lynch's Dune figures, or Steve Austin 6MDM). But I have my short list of absolute "must-haves" and the end is in sight.

''Vintij'' choices indeed.

NAW!!! I don't believe you.

I don't blame you. I've always been very low-key with my Terminator fandom.

I love the ALIEN films just as much as the next nerd, but the 79 Ripley & my NECA little chap are more than enough for me to have as ambassadors. Still, they've done some of those guys once already, & we all know how much dey LUVZ dere 2.0s... so who knows - official specs may have me reconsidering my position again. :lol

My James Cameron fanboyism is evident in my choices.

Ultimately I think I will pass on stuff from the '79 film. I sold the Kane and Dallas that I used to own, never bought the Big Chap because I thought it looked pretty awful and I have no faith that they would do any better now.

Sure the marines probably wouldn't be 100% accurate either but I think I could deal with it.

Yeah, didn't the clothing on the space suits for Kane & Dallas start peeling & cracking pretty badly with a lot of them?

Realistically though, I can totally see myself getting into making my own customs in the not too distant future. The beauty of it is that as more releases happen, more parts are on offer to do with what we please. I have a short list of customs already.

Depends on the figure. I'm really interested in the Hot Toys Iron Monger figure, but I don't know if I'm willing to spend $500+ for one.

$200 is already too much... this is nuts

tumblr_m3nuu1xyYE1r63hflo1_400.gif

Because of the difference between sterling and the dollar, plus shipping, plus sales tax.. I've got to vote for $500 and up. :panic:

Back