How much is too much for a single 1/6th figure?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What is your limit for a mass produced 1/6th scale figure?

• Total voters
I spent $600 on a custom, I'll never do it again. I didn't find the value I expected.

Mass produced items, it depends on the figure. How can one justify $240+ for basic X-Wing Luke from SS versus $300+ electronic gizmo Vader from HT? Do I think breathing sounds and a lite -up sabre justifies the $60 difference.....probably not......buuuut in either case if I think Luke or Vader is the best representation of the character on the market, I'd likely drop the cash.

You're safe up until 2018, my friend.
The eternal optimist!

Good man Kara. We do have the draw the line somewhere or else they'll really start taking the piss.
159.gif

I will pay $321.87 for a Hot Toys Walrusman that screams in pain and shoots red paint blood out of his detachable arm stump. Something should really light up on him too. Maybe his chin balls?

Many 1/6 piece's will gradually cost over Five.
Igor just cost me over Five.
Hulkbuster will probably cost over Seven and I Absolutely will pay it as will MANY people!

I will pay $321.87 for a Hot Toys Walrusman that screams in pain and shoots red paint blood out of his detachable arm stump. Something should really light up on him too. Maybe his chin balls?
Well, you'll surely get a light up and sound gimmick with HT's current approach to making dolls. Just a matter of time before they start with the spring-loaded missile launcher, "action" punch when you squeeze the legs together, cap gun action, etc. Not bad for $600-700.

$300 for a Hot Toys Vader that actually looks WORSE than Sideshow's $250 Vader is just :cuckoo:

I played $300 for BD Terminator. That was an all time want, and that was also the last HT figure I bought. I cant do $300 again.

Yes, $ 300 dollars it's just too much.

Prices sure have skyrocketed with Hot Toys. Yeah, I know: license costs, production costs, likeness rights etc. have gone up. PERHAPS and just perhaps I could pay 300 dollars for a 1/6 hot toys figure I REALLY, REALLY liked, unfortunately for the last months this has become impossible.

I purchased Hot Toys from japanese retailers, they offered me the best deals possible and with the figures I got from them I was happy to pay.

Around 4 months ago HT decided that japanese retailers won't be allowed to sell their products internationally anymore. Leaving me little to no options regarding their offerings: Sideshow does not ship to my country and I'm sure as hell not buying from ebay resellers.

Hot Toys means quality but I can't justify paying more than retail price on a figure from a company that clearly isn't interested in selling me their products to begin with.

Well, you'll surely get a light up and sound gimmick with HT's current approach to making dolls. Just a matter of time before they start with the spring-loaded missile launcher, "action" punch when you squeeze the legs together, cap gun action, etc. Not bad for $600-700.

giphy.gif

Unfortunately, they'd be made out of inferior bug meat similar to their super cheap, acid leaking batteries.

Being pretty new to hot toys and a fairly conservative buyer the standard figure prices are pretty close to my max already. In a perfect world we wouldn't be paying more than 180 for figures like han solo, marty mcfly, or tony stark. 200 for thor, batman, and spidey. 250/275 for ironman, hulk etc. I know prices like that have come and gone but it's whats making the secondary market so attractive anymore. For good reason too, I've bought nearly all my figures there at hefty discounts.

I really hope they don't push the standard figures past the 250 mark.

if we are speaking about a standard licensed major manufactured 1/6 (not over sized) figure than 300 IMO is the highest justifiable cost. This includes Die Cast or special 2 pack cases like Luke.

For any single custom figure, I think anything over 1000 is ridiculous.

Prices are already totally out of hand. I remember paying $120 for the Celtic, Scar and Chopper Preds from Hot Toys when they came out and thinking that was a lot. I'm glad I got outvof 1/6 years ago and jusy buy PFs now.....they feel worth the hight price tag to me.

Back