How many pre-ordered PF Spike & if not, how come?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My thoughts, I think that MOST PFs don't have overly active poses. They tend to be iconic poses...

I agree, even so a non-action pose could have been more animated. I was unable to find a vidcap online but Buffy fans will know what I'm talking about when I mention the pose that Buffy had that ended the opening credits for several seasons where she's got a real bad-ass look. I think it might have come from the episode where she undergoes the tests from the watcher society i can't remember for sure, maybe from an episode where she fought several guys that attacked here while she was on a long table. That's what I remember anyway. In the pose she's holding an axe (not the scythe) after she fought off the baddies. It's a really cool look and I think it could have made a fantastic PF and it was the final shot in the credits so it would have had some recognition factor among fans.

ffl1940 said:
In the pose she's holding an axe (not the scythe) after she fought off the baddies.

That's Buffy and the Hunga-Munga from "Anne."

annepv7.jpg

I am glad SS decided to keep Buffy more a full body sculpt than a generic body covered up with clothing materials. Because it's such a simple pose, I think it could've sold better/faster with a more exciting exclusive. But the exclusive came up short of pazazz, and a "lump of polystone book" wasn't enough to shell out the cash for some collectors. For me, the likeness of SMG was what needed to be there for any success, and they nailed it. Although I'm still on the fence about keeping Spike, I'd buy another Buffy for sure.

I didn't order the PF Spike. In fact, I haven't ordered any SSC item from the Buffy universe. Haven't seen enough episodes to be a real fan. After seeing some episodes recently, I'm considering buying the complete series (it's the only way to be sure, right?).
If I were a fan, I'd order the PF Spike right away. He looks great, doesn't he? Can't understand what's keeping collectors from buying it. Especially with this mega cool exclusive interchangeable head! O.k., the base is a miss...
I also like the PF Buffy. The sad look in her eyes is fantastic, but I guess most die-hard Buffy fans are not really fond about that?
I'm not collecting the 12" Buffy line, and if I'm lucky, I'll never regret that! :D

I'll almost certainly get him, but i'm waiting to order him from a local store. Considering how expensive it is to ship a 12" figure to oz, i think i'd die at the cost of a PF figure's postage.

Thanks Frankenfan!!!! I just love that look and maybe I didn't explain or describe what I meant by an "action" pose. it's not that it really has to be "swinging an axe" type of an action pose per se, but it implies action and so much of Buffy was about beatin down the baddies that a Buffy figure should at least imply action. See the pic above? That implies action, it's dramatic, she looks like a badass.

of course I don't know for sure, but had Sideshow posted the current Buffy PF as a prototype and vs. a proto of the one from the credits above and let us vote, I'm guessing the one from the credits wins. I know it's silly, it's just a collectible, but I really ache that they didn't start off the Buffy PF line with a Buffy like that. Imagine that Buffy back to back with Spike instead of the one we're getting with the sad look in a promo shoot dress! I think that Buffy would have sold more Spikes as well.

I still hope to see another Buffy PF (despite the naysayers), after all Sideshow has come out with some short run PFs

Last edited:
My thoughts, I think that MOST PFs don't have overly active poses. They tend to be iconic poses... which may not be that of action. The Star Wars PFs of Han, Luke, Leia, Dagobah Luke, and Boba come to mind.. as well as ALL of the Universal Monster ones. I also think that subtle poses display better... they draw attention but do not DEMAND too much attention. Again, just my two cents.

I agree with that. Action poses are really hit or miss. I've learned that from collecting Star Wars figures...Kotobukiya and Hasbro Unleashed specifically.

You brought up some other interesting points as well.

Last edited:
I'm fine with the pose, too. I think what ffl1940 is really after is a little Slayer 'tude.

Bottom line for me: If the hair and paint look good, I'll be a contented little fanboy. Like Vampire Buffy in 1:6, I never thought I would be treated to a version of the Slayer in 1:4, let alone one modeled after her look in season one. The big hair, the short skirts and boots, that's Buffy to me. I can't ask for more than that.

Unless it's a PF Vampire Buffy!

pb.jpg

24 faithful :monkey3

olvidadero
Darth Rage
Aerosmith
BDboystoys
Oxbeard
adrijami
Dayna
Games&Theory
FrankenFan
Cookie Monster x 2
Fritz
DarkshadowCollectibles
Billy Budd
Oldschool Jawa
SSC_Nerd
TheObsoleteMan
sueworld
TOE
binky
Viking28
ffl1940
BigLeaguChu (because he's still on pre-order right?)
prophecygirl
Browncoat - Welcome fellow Aussie & Firefly fan :D

I just received notification that Buffy PF is delayed again from Sep to Oct 10th. ARGHH!! I can't wait to see her, so close yet so far away!

Browncoat said:
I'll almost certainly get him, but i'm waiting to order him from a local store. Considering how expensive it is to ship a 12" figure to oz, i think i'd die at the cost of a PF figure's postage.
Do you mind me asking who the local store is? I've searched for SS products close to home before but have always found it cheaper in the end to order directly from the SS. :) Once they've converted the dollars and bumbed it up to cover tax costs etc. it tends to get a bit much for me...

Awww!! I'm still 'Just a little freaky' When's that gonna change??!!

I don't collect the PF figures. I prefer the smaller, more posable 12 inchers. The PF figures look *****in' and if I was gonna buy any it would be Spike - but I would have no where to put him. I already collect Buffy figures in 3 scales (Palz, 6 inch and 12.) I really think that is enough.

Ad me to the list. I ordered the exclusive Spike and Buffy. they will be my first PFs. No wait, I just won a Leia on EBay! :chew The first ones ordered anyway and got me excited about the format. I realise now that it's possible to get them for much cheaper on ebay ($162.50 for the Leia) :D and I'm not that excited about the book, but you got to have gameface Spike! Just fix the coat. It should look like a secondhand coat, not tailored for him.

25 faithful :monkey3

olvidadero
Darth Rage
Aerosmith
BDboystoys
Oxbeard
adrijami
Dayna
Games&Theory
FrankenFan
Cookie Monster x 2
Fritz
DarkshadowCollectibles
Billy Budd
Oldschool Jawa
SSC_Nerd
TheObsoleteMan
sueworld
TOE
binky
Viking28
ffl1940
BigLeaguChu
prophecygirl
Browncoat
JoeSweden

Right on JoeS :banana
I can't wait to get a real coat made for him, will post pics on the site when I do too. How do you age leather? I heard to rub it on some stones or something?

Back