How many pre-ordered PF Spike & if not, how come?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome Hopewell :wave
I agree, we need Angel and a PF Dark Willow! (Faith would be my second pick)
The sooner Spike sells out the sooner SS will release another PF Buffyverse figure, that's the impression I got from SS anyway.
I also have no room for Spike or most of the PF's I've ordered, however my house bends to the collectibles, I buy them then worry about where to put them later! It has literally gotten to the point where we need to add another room to display them all :lol A girl's gotta have her priorities ya know?!

Spike's my 2nd favorite character after Willow, so I'm glad they made him 2nd. If they make him I'll buy him, but Angel's far from my favorite character from either show.

Spike is probably my favorite character from the show-he comes with an extra head sculpt, I don't know why but I haven't ordered him yet. Oh yeah, lack of funds and space. But, I am going to seriously think about this.

I never bought Spike because I just want Buffy and Angel to sum up the shows,if I got him i'd have to get every pf.

But Spike does look nice,but I dont like the character either.

So I'm confused. Is there no regular edition Spike PF? The exclusive is the only one?

mastervader said:
Spike is probably my favorite character from the show-he comes with an extra head sculpt, I don't know why but I haven't ordered him yet. Oh yeah, lack of funds and space. But, I am going to seriously think about this.

Oh mastervader you have GOT to share where that avatar came from :lol Is that you?

buffy-collector said:
I never bought Spike because I just want Buffy and Angel to sum up the shows,if I got him i'd have to get every pf.

But Spike does look nice,but I dont like the character either.

I have that problem with SW PF's & 12 inches already and hope that it doesn't come to that with the Buffy/Angel licence. I vow to only stick with staple characters, but there's always danger of caving if they throw a curb ball and release a really cool Anya / Illyria or any kind of Demon just to add variety to the collection! Like I can't resist the Asaaj 12inch, and she's not even in any of the movies!! Discipline, I need discipline!

Raven said:
So I'm confused. Is there no regular edition Spike PF? The exclusive is the only one?

I thought the regular would become available after the Exclusive sells through. Not that we'll ever find out at the rate the Excl. is selling! I wish SS would put a quantity bar on his page, or better yet an edition size!

Dayna said:
Oh mastervader you have GOT to share where that avatar came from :lol Is that you?
No,its not me.....or is it?:monkey3 Oh and Dayna, count me in. I'm preordering him tonight. I can't wait for it; and thanks for starting this thread, I don't think I would've gotten ol William the Bloody without it.:D

mastervader said:
No,its not me.....or is it?:monkey3 Oh and Dayna, count me in. I'm preordering him tonight. I can't wait for it; and thanks for starting this thread, I don't think I would've gotten ol William the Bloody without it.:D

Here you go master, now it's officially * 30 *
And you are very welcome! Since my intention for beginning this thread was completely selfish (Spike sells out, more Buffy PF's) I am very chuffed at getting a thank you for it...
Glad to be of assistance! :D
I have removed DDarko, looks like the whole gay thing wasn't a compliment after all :rolleyes:

olvidadero
Darth Rage
Aerosmith
BDboystoys
Oxbeard
adrijami
Dayna
Games&Theory
FrankenFan
Cookie Monster x 2
Fritz
DarkshadowCollectibles
Billy Budd
Oldschool Jawa
SSC_Nerd
TheObsoleteMan
sueworld
TOE
binky
Viking28
ffl1940
BigLeaguChu
prophecygirl
Browncoat
JoeSweden
Monk
Bannister
blazelsd
bluesparrow
mastervader

Customs made me pay $75 for delivering my PF Buffy. I usually don't get charged (I gess I'd been really lucky so far) but that made me think over cancelling my Spike pre-order or sticking with it. I'm giving myself until January to decide whether I keep it or not... Damn, why do they have to make being a collector so hard for us :monkey2 :monkey2

Man that sucks! Hearing that I'm glad to be in Oz. The minimum amount that attracts a customs fee has raised to $1000 AUD. But prior to that we were paying at least another $100 each for high end SS collectibles. As if we don't pay enough taxes already?! Greedy sods! :mad:
So what do you think olvidadero, will you be able to scrounge up an additional $75 or so for when Spike is due?

I will most likely give in and preorder PF Spike soon. Now that he's been delayed to 2nd quarter, that frees up some funds I need for other things.

naria said:
I will most likely give in and preorder PF Spike soon. Now that he's been delayed to 2nd quarter, that frees up some funds I need for other things.
Just say the word :)

Dayna said:
So what do you think olvidadero, will you be able to scrounge up an additional $75 or so for when Spike is due?

I still need to figure out how am I gonna get the $80 for the first Flexpay instalment. Those $75 are the last ones to pay, once the Spike is delivered, so I'll start worrying about them after Christmas. I'll let you know if I cancel my Spike, but I'll do whatever I can to save the money and hopefully I won't have to do it :)

naria said:
I finally gave in and preordered the PF Spike (that was fast).
Too fast? Ah forget 'bout it, no-one likes a chronic procrastinator anyway :D

* 31 *

olvidadero
Darth Rage
Aerosmith
BDboystoys
Oxbeard
adrijami
Dayna
Games&Theory
FrankenFan
Cookie Monster x 2
Fritz
DarkshadowCollectibles
Billy Budd
Oldschool Jawa
SSC_Nerd
TheObsoleteMan
sueworld
TOE
binky
Viking28
ffl1940
BigLeaguChu
prophecygirl
Browncoat
JoeSweden
Monk
Bannister
blazelsd
bluesparrow
mastervader
naria

Having got Buffy Im now wanting Spike ,I dont even like Spike!
I think after xmas I will order the reg and get it for my bday in March.

They just look soo good,now give me an Angel and Illyria and while your at it a Adam and the beast:D

buffy-collector said:
Having got Buffy Im now wanting Spike ,I dont even like Spike!
I think after xmas I will order the reg and get it for my bday in March.

They just look soo good,now give me an Angel and Illyria and while your at it a Adam and the beast:D

A PF Illyria would be AWESOME! And DW Willow of course!
I am still waiting for my Buffy figure, the last email I received only had a link to the updated gallery but still no info about when she will ship to Australia :confused:
Anyone know anything different? Was she a two part shipment to the SS warehouse or something?
I have asked SS but still waiting on a reply - they must be flat out with Xmas round the corner I spose...

Dayna said:
Hey there fellow Buffy fans,

I have just read the most terrifying post ever:

For reasons completely beyond my understanding the PF Spike is still available for purchase and even worse, has not once graced the Most Popular Products list, (as previously pointed out by olvidadero)

The mere suggestion of no more Buffy PFs has elevated my confusion to Great Concern! Please help me understand. Is the coat reallly that bigger deal? Surely one can have a longer coat made?
Everything else is absolutely perfect IMO, well... maybe not the base lettering but BIG DEAL!
You could always place Mr Pointy in front of it or something?

Including myself I know that at least 2 Spikes have been pre-ordered for keeps.

How many more of us have pre-ordered SPIKE PF?
And if not, please share why not?

Honestly I have no real interest in the PF line of figures. Between all the 12" lines that Sideshow and other companies have me dedicated to there is just no way I am getting into yet another expensive line of figures. Also, they just take up to much room in my opinion.

Back