How many people are waiting for their commission from Imaresqd1?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMHO, saying "sorry" only comes off as genuine if the behavior the person is being apologetic about changes afterwards. Otherwise, it's just a series of empty words intended to make the person waiting for his commission to go away for a while, until the next apology or round of excuses comes... We've all seen nearly identical threads like this pop up on numerous hobby boards.

Best thing to do is to either set a new and extremely firm deadline or get your money back.

There will ALWAYS be other commissions. The world won't end if you don't get your piece from this guy.
There are plenty of other talented sculptors who would jump at the chance at getting your business.

P.S. I hope you guys do get your commission! :)

Last edited:
IMHO, saying "sorry" only comes off as genuine if the behavior the person is being apologetic about changes afterwards. Otherwise, it's just a series of empty words intended to make the person waiting for his commission to go away for a while, until the next apology or round of excuses comes... We've all seen nearly identical threads like this pop up on numerous hobby boards.

Look at Gordon Brown everytime he says sorry when our troops die on and on and on and never bats an eyelid yet nothing improves.

I emailed Adam yesterday for an update and have got the response today.

The head is done and he'll be sending me pictures in the next couple of days before shipping! :D

I assure everyone else who's waiting, there's no need to worry, Adam will come through guys!

Umair

The head is done and he'll be sending me pictures in the next couple of days before shipping! :D

I assure everyone else who's waiting, there's no need to worry, Adam will come through guys!

Umair

Awesome buddy! Well pleased for you! So actually seems the guy has been uber busy then! I am feeling guilty :(

I hope i do get my pics today :monkey5

Umair

:confused::confused::confused:

Um.. Imaresqd1 told Manji the exact same thing.

I have been promisd updates and pics for a good few weeks now and not had an emails to even let me know whats happening.The last email he sent he was 99.9% done and he would have a pic for me last monday for sure. I have still not received anything plus stupidly i paid up the second installment thinking it was going to be shipped very shortly aswell!

Adam told me I would have pics the next day once and it took a good few more weeks.

I don't care though, I knew he would come through and you can't rush these things.

Absolutely! You cant rush these things and i never have bud i think i have been more than patient

I know he will come throug,h that doubt has never crossed my mind to be honest, hes a good guy i know that!

I guess i am used to working in a professional environment where if my boss or anybody asks me when i will have such and such job completed and i give them a date and dont deliver well the consequences can be pretty harsh!

I find people prefer honesty if my boss asks me when this job will be completed and i say a week hes fine with that, if i say 2 days and i know its a weeks worth of work i am just trying to impress or fob the guy off somehow, when he turns round two days later and asks for it then like i say the punishment can sometimes be rather harsh and i loom like a dishonest ____ really

So i guess in some respects i have attributed the same sort of sceniro to this, maybe thats my fault i dont know i just prefer somebody to be straight up and say you know what bud it aint ready yet

Last edited:
:confused::confused::confused:

Um.. Imaresqd1 told Manji the exact same thing.

I actually got a reply back this morning as well :eek: I guess he is doing like all the heads at once, cause it sounded like there were alot that are close to finished or are finished. Idk, we'll see...........

Absolutely! You cant rush these things and i never have bud i think i have been more than patient

I know he will come throug,h that doubt has never crossed my mind to be honest, hes a good guy i know that!

I guess i am used to working in a professional environment where if my boss or anybody asks me when i will have such and such job completed and i give them a date and dont deliver well the consequences can be pretty harsh!

I find people prefer honesty if my boss asks me when this job will be completed and i say a week hes fine with that, if i say 2 days and i know its a weeks worth of work i am just trying to impress or fob the guy off somehow, when he turns round two days later and asks for it then like i say the punishment can sometimes be rather harsh and i loom like a dishonest ____ really

So i guess in some respects i have attributed the same sort of sceniro to this, maybe thats my fault i dont know i just prefer somebody to be straight up and say you know what bud it aint ready yet

With regards to this scenario, I don't think it's impatience on your part. What you're seeking is a healthy line of communication. Reading your posts, all I'm getting is that you want to be kept in the loop as to what's going on, and the actual status of the figure isn't the problem, but being told things and reality suggesting other things and wishing for communication that would clear things up so you're not left to assume the worst.

Communication is #1 in these transactions, it's not like buying from a local shop you can just walk into, people spending money on these things need proper communication from the sellers to feel safe about their transactions. In my experience and talking with people, being on time or not isn't nearly as important as at least being able to keep in touch and in the loop and know just what's going on. It's when people feel in the dark or lied to where things go wrong.

:(:(:(

I am really glad i didnt hold my breath thats for sure!!!

I WILL definately have pics for you never transpired again!

Another day :(

Very very disappointing :(

Mate you always talk so much sense!

I was dreading the fact you would not be happy with my comments as i consider you a good board mate. You and one other i was worried about :(

the other person has commented yet or even pm'd me :(

As do I, you :) You've no reason to fear my comments though lol :emperor We think alike anyway it seems :banana

:chew:chew:chew

Here it is! Wow he must have been up all night to send me this through now :google

NewImage.jpg

I am amazed by this its just unreal!!!

Back