How many people are waiting for their commission from Imaresqd1?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
8 months??????
That is kind of hard to swallow!! If he shipped it then better chase him down for a tracking#. The question is has it been shipped or not then :p
I have been waiting for 2 months on a repaint and hair on two heads and custom mod on jacket from another customizer here but I am still good though I was very much expecting this to be done in a month.
In Ro's case don't promise something and not deliver at all!! People will understand but being brushed aside with is not something that will be appreciated.
OK sorry for whining :p

Sorry again, this is probably the most negative post I ever put into the internet and I felt I needed to tone it down a little :p Look what you have done to me Internet!

Last edited:
8 months??????
Annoying part really is that I see him popping out new custom work weekly sometimes daily but he has no time to finish my mod that I already paid for? I mean my own case/shelf project is last since I have paying customers. I already feel guilty if I don't have stuff done after a month. More importantly don;t promise something and not deliver at all!! People do understand but being brushed aside with a lie is not something that will be appreciated. It's kinda like you lend someone money and they are not paying back for whatever reason but you continue seeing him splurge. OK sorry for whining :p

No need to apologize. You have every right to be pissed. Their priorities are all wrong.

8 months??????
That is kind of hard to swallow!! If he shipped it then better chase him down for a tracking#. The question is has been shipped or not then :p
I have been waiting for 2 months on a repaint and hair on two heads and custom mod on jacket from another customizer here but I guess I am still good though I was very much expecting this to be done in a month and I made my payment already as it was a barter deal. Annoying part really is that I see him popping out new custom work weekly sometimes daily but he has no time to finish my mod that I already paid for? I mean my own case/shelf project is last since I have paying customers. I already feel guilty if I don't have stuff done after a month. More importantly don;t promise something and not deliver at all!! People do understand but being brushed aside with a lie is not something that will be appreciated. It's kinda like you lend someone money and they are not paying back for whatever reason but you continue seeing him splurge. OK sorry for whining :p

No you make valid points!

Firstly paying a customiser and him not attending to your payed work before he attends to his own sucks!!!

It has happened on more than one occasion with a customiser i know and it seems somebody on this thread is facing the same problem with him (Not talking about Adam here)

Back to the Joker commission however, your right i dont mind being told the truth but like you say i dont like being brushed off, if its not ready and told its not ready i understand that! But to be told its 99.9% done and that give me a few days you will def have a pic and nothing comes through and then no communication for a week is disheartening and disappointing :(

I'm in the same boat with a different customizer. I've been waiting 8 months for a re-painted head. He keeps telling me he's shipped it and he's shipped it month after month and nothing...it's really disheartening.

I never ceased to be amazed by these sorts of flagrant lies...
It's a sickness.

BTW sorry but I have to say this:
RO926 IS ONE NICE GUY!!!!!!!!!!!!
I mean having the patience to let 8 months pass and NOT trashing his thread and still be this respectful in posting about him here. DUDE you are one guy I WANT to meet and befriend!!! My respect to you dude!!! (well maybe not the part where you keep hording everything and willing to pay insane amounts of money :lol)

Last edited:
My respect to you dude!!! (well maybe not the part where you keep hording everything and willing to pay insane amounts of money :lol)

Geil, dude you made me laugh so loud in my cubicle that my co-workers are looking at me like i'm insane...:rotfl

My concerns are now slightly becoming ever more real.

I know i may take some criticism for this now! I have long been a massive defender of Adam his work and the fact the guy always follows through which i have no doubts he will i am just getting a little miffed i guess!

I have been promisd updates and pics for a good few weeks now and not had an emails to even let me know whats happening.The last email he sent he was 99.9% done and he would have a pic for me last monday for sure. I have still not received anything plus stupidly i paid up the second installment thinking it was going to be shipped very shortly aswell!

I know i am committing suicide by writing this but i guess i just needed to vent a little

For the record i really do believe he will deliver and it will be amazing and totally blow my expectations of this out of the water however right now as i write this i am a little disappointed :(

You should not be criticised for this point of view.

There's a give and get of respect and understanding in these personal transactions and I really don't think it's too much to ask that if you'd paid money for something, the person you paid it to be honest and clear in communication with you, don't say it's 99% done if it isn't, don't promise photos or contact and not come through. You shouldn't have to feel like you should just sit back and take whatever they do. You respected them enough to value their work and pay for it, they can show you equal respect and be honest with you and maintain clear communication with you.

Unfortunately, it seems like the negative transactions that have been publicized here at this site have instilled a pressure that artists can't just say i'm not done yet and may say it's close, it's close just to keep from getting into a mess, but dishonesty is messier than being late. Eventually the truth will come out, if you promise it's ready and don't come through, it's going to piss people off much more than if you just say I'm not quite ready yet.

Can we have a more visual feedback system MF?
I have seen in other forums where the feedback score or itrader score to be visible right under the avatar. I did not even know we had one until this topic and I started looking for it :p

I have no control over that, it's part of the programming this site's run under and it's not in my hands. Not sure what you're referring to though, the feedback scores are posted right with avatars already.

Oh me stupid and blind :slap
I guess I was used to this more graphical representation and hence was looking for

You should not be criticised for this point of view.

There's a give and get of respect and understanding in these personal transactions and I really don't think it's too much to ask that if you'd paid money for something, the person you paid it to be honest and clear in communication with you, don't say it's 99% done if it isn't, don't promise photos or contact and not come through. You shouldn't have to feel like you should just sit back and take whatever they do. You respected them enough to value their work and pay for it, they can show you equal respect and be honest with you and maintain clear communication with you.

Unfortunately, it seems like the negative transactions that have been publicized here at this site have instilled a pressure that artists can't just say i'm not done yet and may say it's close, it's close just to keep from getting into a mess, but dishonesty is messier than being late. Eventually the truth will come out, if you promise it's ready and don't come through, it's going to piss people off much more than if you just say I'm not quite ready yet.

Thanks for understanding my thoughts

You have hit the nail on the head, and expressed my point of view professionally!

I still dont want this to sound like a i am hating on Adam, far from it i am just a bit miffed is all!

I do 100% believe he will come through for me and all the other people that have comissioned Adam to do their heads however i am still disappointed!

Again i am also really really grateful for what Adam is doing for me! To have one of these heads on my collection is just stunning i am very excited about this as you can tell!

I think this just proves that good communication and honesty is essential! I am a good honest understanding guy and would appreciate the truth.

Anyway enough of the neg head and i hope to be gracing this thread with pics soon :D:D:D

Cheers for your understanding

I am not by any means slating the guy just merely disappointed in that i seemed to have been promised things and no result.

I know the guy is uber busy i am understanding of that i really am and i also appreciate he is taking on alot of commissions from other people from here.

I actually have alot of admiration for the guy and of course he is uber talented!

Do i now wish i had not bothered? Of course not its the best Joker/Heath likeness bar non!

I really would just appreciate an update and maybe when he says you will have a pic on a certain day it either comes or he emails to say you know what i am really sorry but your going to be looking at such and such day. I dont think its hard to drop a few lines to explain this. Not only have we paid a great deal of money us guys get very excited about this! Actually stuff the money its the excitment of seeing my piece :D

I hope this is understandable please let me know if you think it isnt?

I'm in the same boat, I created this thread for a reason. I have given him the benefit of the doubt for awhile, as I do with most commission jobs, I am usually extremely patient, but is it so hard to give some kind of update? Whether or not its finished or near completion is besides the point, it would be nice to hear SOMETHING. I emailed him last week on his personal email, and never got a response. Its way too late to make a dispute through paypal, so I'm pretty SOL at this point...........

I'm in the same boat, I created this thread for a reason. I have given him the benefit of the doubt for awhile, as I do with most commission jobs, I am usually extremely patient, but is it so hard to give some kind of update? Whether or not its finished or near completion is besides the point, it would be nice to hear SOMETHING. I emailed him last week on his personal email, and never got a response. Its way too late to make a dispute through paypal, so I'm pretty SOL at this point...........

Yeah i feel you matey

I have given Adam the benefit of the doubt often and also stood to his defence on more than one occasion and feel now slightly let down by that!

I really believe mate you should hang in there! Adam is going to come through for us i dont doubt that actually not for one minute! Just think the way the guy is running it at the moment leaves a little bit to be desired! I hate having to _____ about this i really do! I genuinely like the guy and have the upmost respect for him actually just want a bit thrown back in my irection and you guys waiting on updates also!

Heres hoping for an update soon :D

I've heard the argument from customizers about emails and such taking up work time, which I agree, it would, but I think the lesson there is to not take on more work than you can keep up with being available via email or PM so that your customers won't fear that you've run off or anything or work frustration into them when they feel ignored.

Having started a new job myself recently that takes up ALOT of time, i can really understand where alot of the busy customizers are coming from, but it's still NO excuse when people are paying. A hobby is one thing, personally albeit, but when people entrust their money for your time, that's where the BS ends. I personally pride myself on getting any custom work out within 4 days from receiving, or a week tops. I've only ever had 1 long waiting session for the customer to receive their goods, and that was a fault of the post, but other than that, everyone has been happy and thankful to receive speedy work - and damn it, they should be. They are paying for my time, and i'm taking money for it, and to give them a product that they deserve in a reasonable time-frame for the price. Paying money for work that isnt 'SUFFICIENTLY' quick just isnt on. I too have felt the sting of months of waiting for work on here, while watching a certain customizer (not Adam btw) also post up his own works on personal pieces. Never again will i use custom work, unless it's my own. But like many say, it just comes with the territory i suppose, even though i dont and never will accept it. I mean, it's a JOB. Someone has commissioned you for work. You wouldn't exactly tell the boss at work to hang on and wait for that report that he's paying you for, while you check your email and browse around youtube. This is no different, and making the boss (customer) wait excessively is not acceptable. EVERYTHING goes on hold to get that job out. There's busy. There's a small delay. And then there's totally unnacceptable IMHO. If you are too busy, you shouldn't accept money, or take on the work to begin with.
BTW hope you guys all get your Adam heads before you know it, i'm sure he is just ultra busy

If paypal were smart, and really operated for their customers (heh, yeah right) they would setup holding accounts.

Money from customer A sent to customizer B
Money goes into a neutral holding account, customer A can withdraw at any time
Customizer B can only retrieve the money after posting Customer A's delivery receipt (mandatory)
Customer A cannot take back their money without Customizer B's consent once post receipt is shown

Or that the need a certain amount of logins to receive money (showing they are active). I mean, i'm not an accountant, i'm sure there are better ideas, but SOMETHING along those lines to benefit all involved and keep it PROPERLY SAFE

Last edited:
Having started a new job myself recently that takes up ALOT of time, i can really understand where alot of the busy customizers are coming from, but it's still NO excuse when people are paying. A hobby is one thing, personally albeit, but when people entrust their money for your time, that's where the BS ends. I personally pride myself on getting any custom work out within 4 days from receiving, or a week tops. I've only ever had 1 long waiting session for the customer to receive their goods, and that was a fault of the post, but other than that, everyone has been happy and thankful to receive speedy work - and damn it, they should be. They are paying for my time, and i'm taking money for it, and to give them a product that they deserve in a reasonable time-frame for the price. Paying money for work that isnt 'SUFFICIENTLY' quick just isnt on. I too have felt the sting of months of waiting for work on here, while watching a certain customizer (not Adam btw) also post up his own works on personal pieces. Never again will i use custom work, unless it's my own. But like many say, it just comes with the territory i suppose, even though i dont and never will accept it. I mean, it's a JOB. Someone has commissioned you for work. You wouldn't exactly tell the boss at work to hang on and wait for that report that he's paying you for, while you check your email and browse around youtube. This is no different, and making the boss (customer) wait excessively is not acceptable. EVERYTHING goes on hold to get that job out. There's busy. There's a small delay. And then there's totally unnacceptable IMHO. If you are too busy, you shouldn't accept money, or take on the work to begin with.
BTW hope you guys all get your Adam heads before you know it, i'm sure he is just ultra busy

If paypal were smart, and really operated for their customers (heh, yeah right) they would setup holding accounts.

Money from customer A sent to customizer B
Money goes into a neutral holding account, customer A can withdraw at any time
Customizer B can only retrieve the money after posting Customer A's delivery receipt (mandatory)
Customer A cannot take back their money without Customizer B's consent once post receipt is shown

Mate you always talk so much sense!

I was dreading the fact you would not be happy with my comments as i consider you a good board mate. You and one other i was worried about :(

the other person has commented yet or even pm'd me :(

Oh by the way update :D

Adam emailed me last night and he was very very apologetic, i dont actually think he read this thread by the way, i dont think this prompted him.

He was sincerely sorry and i believe him!

Hopefully have pics tonight/tomorrow depending on what time his end he sends them :D

Back