1/6 How it is made: DETOLF Death Star diorama

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is looking amazing Jazz!

Wondering how the other panels will look so I can think of the possible combinations across all my detolfs, but so far REALLY AWESOME.

Also interested in how the wiring for the lighting system works, considering these wires will also need to run through the detolf, but perhaps they will hide nicely behind the paneling.

Totally on board for this project! If possible, when you get more panels, show us the possible combinations side by side, it doesn't have to be in a detolf, just photos of them layed out, or assembled / standing. Just so we can see what we could come up with, for example, for those with 3 detolfs, or 4 detolfs who want to do a single shelf across, or a single detolf that want to do multiple levels for their shelves!

This is going to make a lot of freaks happy!

Exceptional work. This community owes you! Everyone pay up ;)

Thanks for all your kind words

I will be making a video and I will take some more pictures next week after prototypes 2 and 3 are ready. I am working on changing the CNC programs and electronics to bring the price down, hoping I can create a bigger volume that will enable that price. I am also thinking of introducing two versions: the complete version with floor, side blast doors, light up ceiling and light up back panel including AC adapter that will be the DeLuxe diorama which I hope to be able to price below $300 after my changes and tweaks, and a basic diorama with a light up back and floor, light up feature and AC adapter, which will be a budget version for less than $200

All machined aluminum and movie accurate milk plexiglass.

Anticipating the new pics. I'd definitely be up for a basic set or two at that price point... unless i go for a deluxe. Tough decision.

Glad to hear guys! I would need to commit to a larger quantity order from the CNC machine shop and gamble whether or not I will find enough buyers to make the new price points

I'm interested if you can bring the price down.
How many buyers do you need?

Well, 50 to be honest. I think it might be possible, but it will be a stretch, so I need to think it through and decide whether I want to commit to that number

The lower price point I think would help, especially for some looking for multiple pieces. Hopefully it all works out

Same for me! I'd like to get at least one of the lower cost ones. Don't reckon it'd fit in an IKEA Billy?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'd be interested depending on final pricing. Looks fantastic so far. Do you ship internationally?

Here you go. A rough test set up! I look forward to hearing from you. If you want a kit, please send me a message.
I have not installed any Dioder lights, so in the final picture, you can see that Chewbacca needs light.

Price is $349 for the basic kit.

d6b205b4b5cb5e64ebc8f8193c52ce79.jpg

cb39816b928052f1a99792c808c3a66c.jpg

5ccc0e1a18dfb3a1c846b3bf16d8eb74.jpg

52c5ef05cec2b09e48106687da6a2bbe.jpg

6880e6e0fc7807f8850ced4b1198176a.jpg

Did you paint the neck of Han Solo?

Yes, I painted the neck of han solo

I'd be interested depending on final pricing. Looks fantastic so far. Do you ship internationally?

I'm very happy to hear that. Please send me a PM so we can work it out. I always ship worldwide.

Last edited:
Thanks for all your kind words

I will be making a video and I will take some more pictures next week after prototypes 2 and 3 are ready. I am working on changing the CNC programs and electronics to bring the price down, hoping I can create a bigger volume that will enable that price. I am also thinking of introducing two versions: the complete version with floor, side blast doors, light up ceiling and light up back panel including AC adapter that will be the DeLuxe diorama which I hope to be able to price below $300 after my changes and tweaks, and a basic diorama with a light up back and floor, light up feature and AC adapter, which will be a budget version for less than $200

All machined aluminum and movie accurate milk plexiglass.

Awesome. I'd take both. Hope you'll do a tantive too.

Back