1/6 How it is made: DETOLF Death Star diorama

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, right now we are considering making a standard version and a deluxe version. The deluxe version will have more different types of panels. Buying both would allow you to rearrange and make something really cool.

A detolf tantive IV is already in the design stages

Sounds very interesting! I think I would prefer the Tantive IV display for my Vader and two Stormtroopers.

Tantive deluxe ala the Death Star original kit please! Crank out the big boys! :clap

Yes, right now we are considering making a standard version and a deluxe version. The deluxe version will have more different types of panels. Buying both would allow you to rearrange and make something really cool.

A detolf tantive IV is already in the design stages

EXCELLENT! I shall outfit half of my 4 detolfs in Death star and the other in Tantive <3_<3 ILU JAZZINC.

I see we have a lot more in common than just our names lolz

Haha, yes under!
Yeah I unpacked the DS one last week and GAWD this is a true pro kit. I don't know what Joost does for a living, but his skills with prototyping are off the friggin charts! Still haven't figured an easy way to do the curved panels, but somehow, someway the Tantive has to be made! I don't know, J, do you have access to a vacuum former? There are DIYs out there to make a desk top model from a surplus store vacuum chamber.

I'm liking the painted back wall!
42d708c2905e58c8f0961d0249199b3d.jpg

Awesome Jazz keep em comin ! Are you planning lights in the panel section ? How long until we get a bit of an indication what this will look like together ?

Here you go. A rough test set up! I look forward to hearing from you. If you want a kit, please send me a message.
I have not installed any Dioder lights, so in the final picture, you can see that Chewbacca needs light.

Price is $349 for the basic kit.

d6b205b4b5cb5e64ebc8f8193c52ce79.jpg

cb39816b928052f1a99792c808c3a66c.jpg

5ccc0e1a18dfb3a1c846b3bf16d8eb74.jpg

52c5ef05cec2b09e48106687da6a2bbe.jpg

6880e6e0fc7807f8850ced4b1198176a.jpg

Are the sidewalls removable? When I get around to it I will join two detolfs together, so the option to have two of these without walls would be great.

Skickat från min iPad med Tapatalk

Are the sidewalls removable? When I get around to it I will join two detolfs together, so the option to have two of these without walls would be great.

Skickat från min iPad med Tapatalk
Yes that is possible. It was designed with that in mind

For those who want on the list please let me know as soon as possible through PM or write to joostassink at gmail dot com

Back