How has Hot Toys not made any Matrix characters?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sgt.reese

Super Freak
Reaction score
I just dont get how Neo, Morpheus, Agent Smith, and Trinity have not been made by Hot Toys. There are endless possiblities of how many characters and robots they could make. They would be top sellers.

Don't have much interest in the matrix really. Course that is one opinion and tons of people are much more hardcore fans than I will ever be. I think all we got out of them is the sentinel...not sure but I dont think it was a popular figure. You can get them for dirt cheap compared to other figures on ebay.

I think an awesome figure by Hot Toys would be the APU. Id actually consider getting it.

I think because there are far more lucrative licences out there that are sure sales. The matrix just isn't one of them.

I thought Hot Toys made bootlegs of the Matrix years ago. Didn't they also make a George Lucas figure?

hottoysgeorge.jpg

They made a average bootleg, but we are talking a full licesnsed figure with HT modern skill.

I'd buy every single one of these figures! Well, Neo, Trinity, Morpheus, and Smith for sure. Beats me as to why they haven't even announced a 1/6 license. Eh, maybe next year... :pray:

I don't know man but I still have all my McFarlane ones sealed away. I'd love a Neo and a Smith figure. Hell....even the twins would be awesome!

well, you have to look at it this way, after the second and third movies came out, people that were fans of the first got completely turned off, I love the Matrix, I was pretty into it when it was coming out, i loved the second one, but i hate the third one, i was a huge hardcore fan and even I got a little surprised with the third movie,

I am thinking, there are a lot of fans, but, i dont know if there are fans that would pay for detailed figures, a lot of the mcfarlane toys ended up for clearance all over the place, I Was able to snatch a neo in real world and new in the matrix for like, 4 or something each, the figures used to be like 16 bucks, I also saw a trinity fig on clearance but i didnt have enough money,
maybe they dont make them because they dont think it will sell that much? i dont know, I still love the movies, and it would be cool,

They've just been buying up every new 'fad' license they can at the expense of great licenses they already have. Its a pity.

I'd buy every single one of these figures! Well, Neo, Trinity, Morpheus, and Smith for sure. Beats me as to why they haven't even announced a 1/6 license. Eh, maybe next year... :pray:

I'd get them as well. They aren't even difficult to design, either. At least not in the sense of outfits.

They've just been buying up every new 'fad' license they can at the expense of great licenses they already have. Its a pity.

:lecture

Indeed. I loved all three Matrix films equally. The philosophical edge that the second and third had actually made them more enjoyable. I actually took something away from the trilogy and felt as if I had watched something truly worth watching. Kind of nice to see some effects-driven action epics that are also cerebral enough not to spoon-feed the audience all the answers directly. Being able to think about the films after they were over made the whole experience more enjoyable and interesting.

Indeed. I loved all three Matrix films equally. The philosophical edge that the second and third had actually made them more enjoyable. I actually took something away from the trilogy and felt as if I had watched something truly worth watching. Kind of nice to see some effects-driven action epics that are also cerebral enough not to spoon-feed the audience all the answers directly. Being able to think about the films after they were over made the whole experience more enjoyable and interesting.

"Philosophical Edge that the second and third had"
what do you mean?
I only ask because I love hearing people's opinions about the movie, and I didn't like the third one as much, so your post made me curious

The second and third instalments were considered a load of shight by a lot of people sure, but the groundbreaking status of the first film would warrant at least Neo, Trinity, Morpheus and Agent Smith one would think. I'd still pick up all of these if they came out. And Persephone, don't forget Persephone :drool

Because of their marketing strategy in the last couple of years looks like crap.

here's a tip. Watch 1,2 & 3 all back to back (and even throw in Flight of the Osirus at the right place). It makes them much better. The reality is the original is a standalone movie, 2 & 3 really need to be watched as part of a trilogy.

Back