How has Hot Toys not made any Matrix characters?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just because they are doing a big vehicle doesn't mean they'll all of a sudden start cranking out vehicles from every license. They've only ever done Bat-Vehicles

This was not lost on me. I was merely pointing out that size might not be an obstacle. They keep breaking down the boundaries - no one thought they'd make a 1/6 Tumbler and they did. No one thought they'd make Iron Monger and Cain (Robocop 2) but they have and are. The Bat makes the Tumbler looks small from what we've seen in trailers for TDKR and yet they're seemingly making it. So, just regarding size, the APU doesn't seem as unfeasible as it used to albeit still a bit unfeasible considering its size combined with its complexity and the fact HT maybe no longer holds the license or desires to get it back.

As amazing as an APU and sentinel would be... I'd just be happy for HT to announce picking up the Matrix license at comic con regardless of whatever else they may have planned. The next batch of Marvel 2013 movie licenses is a given. An apparently same for the older Batman films. I'd venture to assume at least one more Avatar figure. Next year is actually a much slower year in terms of new licenses available, but their manufacturing will be nonstop for Avengers, amazing spiderman, and tdkr still getting finished.

So when Hot Toys gets the likeness rights to a character, can they only use if for that film or license?

For example, they have made Hugo Weaving Red Skull and Laurence Fishburn Noland from predators, could these likenesses be used again for a possible Matrix line? I remember reading an interview with Howard were he metioned the specifics of how that works but i forget? :dunno

Of the main actors in question, HT is making a Lawrence Fishburne and a Hugo Weaving as different characters already. I can't imagine Carrie Anne having a big problem with it. Could Keanu be the holdup, because I guess the line would sort of hinge on him.

If the line were to materialize either from HT or Enterbay, I'd love the following:
Neo (Matrix, Reloaded)
Morpheus (Reloaded)
Trinity (Reloaded w/Ducati)
Smith (Matrix)
Niobe (Reloaded) since Will is in plastic I'm sure the missus would want her own
Twins (Reloaded)
Persephone (Revolutions red leather dress)
Merovingian (Revolutions Red shirt and tie)

You guys don't have it right. When actors sign on to films, they can retain their likeness rights like Al Pacino in Godfather. But some movies require the actors to sign over all likeness rights for the express purpose of marketing such as toys... Like every actor for the Avengers. It pretty much depends on how badly the actor wants to keep their likeness rights and how badly they want the role.

Of the main actors in question, HT is making a Lawrence Fishburne and a Hugo Weaving as different characters already. I can't imagine Carrie Anne having a big problem with it. Could Keanu be the holdup, because I guess the line would sort of hinge on him.

If the line were to materialize either from HT or Enterbay, I'd love the following:
Neo (Matrix, Reloaded)
Morpheus (Reloaded)
Trinity (Reloaded w/Ducati)
Smith (Matrix)
Niobe (Reloaded) since Will is in plastic I'm sure the missus would want her own
Twins (Reloaded)
Persephone (Revolutions red leather dress)
Merovingian (Revolutions Red shirt and tie)

HT need to get these figures done, ASAP.

neo trinity morpheus, oh yeah. i want neo as seen in the 2 sequels, that priest like outfit with all that flying and stuff, i always thought that was a cooler look. in fact i think everyone looked cooler in the sequels.

tekNO.gif

Back