How do you rank the Predator films now?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How do you feel about the Star Wars prequels? :huh

They're okay.
however I feel the prequels are a way bigger jump down to the OT then AVPR is to predator. Predator is a great movie but really technically not much better then AVP. AVPR is the worst film but it's cool for the b movie fan in me, plus the Predalien and Wolf were cool.

They're okay.
however I feel the prequels are a way bigger jump down to the OT then AVPR is to predator. Predator is a great movie but really technically not much better then AVP. AVPR is the worst film but it's cool for the b movie fan in me, plus the Predalien and Wolf were cool.

Eh. With as much stink everyone makes about the prequels, I felt AVP was a complete shift away from the Predator franchise (and Aliens too), and not in a good way. The predators, while awesomely designed, were weak and nothing more than plot pushers (vs. the Protagonists they should've been) with their posturing and easy/quick deaths. There seemed like more aliens than human hosts so that was a HUGE fail given that they specifically designed the sacrificial chamber to establish how the Xenomorphs are created. There were other confusing factors, like introducing Weiland and having him die that were bizarre and I won't get into that much detail. When all is said and done, it was nothing more than a big budget fanfilm, and it showed. It's a fun ride if you remove yourself from both franchises and sit down to watch it. But being a fan of both, I just couldn't do that.

Eh. With as much stink everyone makes about the prequels, I felt AVP was a complete shift away from the Predator franchise (and Aliens too), and not in a good way. The predators, while awesomely designed, were weak and nothing more than plot pushers (vs. the Protagonists they should've been) with their posturing and easy/quick deaths. There seemed like more aliens than human hosts so that was a HUGE fail given that they specifically designed the sacrificial chamber to establish how the Xenomorphs are created. There were other confusing factors, like introducing Weiland and having him die that were bizarre and I won't get into that much detail. When all is said and done, it was nothing more than a big budget fanfilm, and it showed. It's a fun ride if you remove yourself from both franchises and sit down to watch it. But being a fan of both, I just couldn't do that.
I just don't get why you frequent the predators posts so much, you don't like any movie but predator and possibly the new one.

Predator - I loved many things about it, however I wished we saw the predator a little earlier.

Predators - wasn't as good as the first, but it's the first good sequel to the first one in over twenty years. I think people need to stop comparing it to the first to really like it.

Alien vs Predator - I liked the creature designs and concept, however I didn't care about the characters other than the predator at all. Good special effects.

Predator 2 - this movie wasn't very good to me. The only good line in it was "____ Happens". Dragged on, many things didn't make sense, etc.

AVPR - I only liked the wolf and predalien in this. Everything else was poorly executed and badly acted.

just thread should just be called, does anyone like the predator movies except the first one (which everyone likes) and the new one?

If you like a movie you like it no matter how much it makes or what some movie critic says.

I agree. Trust me, A LOT of the movies I like weren't critically or financially successful at the box office. But that's not my point. The fact is, movie studio's DO care about that and when a movie doesn't meet expectations the chances of us seeing another movie from that franchise (sequel, etc.) diminishes.

What I'm about to say is entirely IMHO:

AVP-R itself was a terrible excuse for a film. The acting was not bad just because of the "nobody" actors, but because the writing was downright plain, simple, and stupid. Not even an Oscar-winner could put emotion or realism to a line like "people are dying, we need guns." It's all stock characters and stories. Stock cliche lines, as well. To me, the directors of that flick misunderstood what made the original films great and assumed they were just all about wild and mindless killing.
Then after shooting everything, they must've thought at the last minute "Hey, we need some human characters with backstories! Let's do that to give everyone the impression that we also have emotional depth in the film." So they did -- the bare minimum of it. They were too in a hurry to pay homage to the first movies to produce something good. The only positive the film had was the Predalien; we needed that design to be made and presented on-screen. It's just a pity that the movie it was featured in was so piss-poor.
For a bunch of fanboys, they sure got the damn formula wrong. And I'm one of those people who also dislikes Wolf, so no saving grace there for me.

I have to agree with this, except for the the fact that I do like the Wolf predator design.
With that in mind......

1. PREDATOR
2. Predators
3. Predator 2 - kinda of a toss up between Predators but the score and some scences take it up a notch to #2.

AVP the preds were OK but the BIOS were the only thing I realy liked good. AVP everything except for the Wolf and the Aliens/Predaliens just TOTALLY SUCKED. for this reason I don't rank them.

Tom

I might actually tie Predators with Predator 2. But that doesn't mean it was bad; I friggin' loved P2 (easy 8/10). Everything but AVP-R is a winner for me. I'd say we can safely call the Pred franchise a trilogy.

And in regards to the Wolf, I'm not a fan of his design at all... but in VCD form, he looks pretty badass and is currently rocking my desk, next to the monitor :D. Thanks Elder_Predator2 for the GC code!

p1
p2 (gave us a look more into the predators world)
Predators

I really like them all

Predator 1 (10/10)
Predators (7.5/10)
Predator 2 (7/10)

AVPR (5.5/10)
AVP (2/10)

As far as my top 3 Predators:
1. I love the P2, his bio mask is kinda "plain" but overall he just looked the coolest IMO. His coloration & the fact that he had more "tusks" just made him look a bit cooler than...
2. P1... There are no preds better than the Stan Winston creations. Nothing compares to seeing him take his mask off for the 1st time.
3. Wolf predator. Hard to see in the movie, but his bio mask is just plain badass. No doubt the movie sucked in soooo many ways, but the wolf pred made it watchable.

I just don't get why you frequent the predators posts so much, you don't like any movie but predator and possibly the new one.

Because, to put it as simply as one can, while the movies suck, the toys are just ____ing awesome. :lol

I've also been collecting the comics since Dark Horse published the first issue with Dutch's brother back in the day. ;)

Because, to put it as simply as one can, while the movies suck, the toys are ____ing awesome. :lol

:exactly::lecture:goodpost:

While I do love all of the films besides AVP - ______, I gotta agree with that post.

EDIT: What!? You can't say ______? That's a body part, but it's nothing offensive... is it?

Here is a pic of the Predator from P2 I drew a few years ago. One ugly mother!#@%$#%
predator_ii_myspace.jpg

Back