How did you hear about Sideshow Collectibles?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A few years ago I was looking for Lord of the Rings stuff and just happen to stumble upon the Sideshow website.

Google search while getting more info for HT Predator Wolf when it was first announced then it lead me to you damn freaks and turned me into one.:duff

I saw the Phantom of the opera in Forbidden Planet in London in 2001 and was very impressed with it.They really were state of the art back then.August 2001 they announced the Bond licence and that was that for me.

'Frankenstein', ages back I read in Lee's that a 'small company' was going to produce a 12" frankensteins monster figure, they had a picture of the prototype & it was the best 1/6 figure I'd ever seen.
It went on to win awards, and Sideshow went on to regularly drain my bank account!........

I was looking for "Legend" related collectibles and stumbled upon the Lord of Darkness 1:1 bust link on google. It was love at first sight. :D

I found out through Rebelscum when they had the con report about a new line of 12" Star Wars figures.

I bought a Headless horseman from the Depp movie. Then I met Mchavyck who had a halo party and saw his collection. I didn't have the room for my horseman anymore so i donated it to him. A few years later he said check out this site, I have been gaming with these guys for awhile and they have a forum. Went there signed up and that is that. I bought McFarlanes Spawn Gunslinger since then but that was it.

Running across the first series of 7" UniMonsters at Wal Mart. Didn't buy any right away, but soon started getting into their offerings.

I blame rebelscum...and MR for dropping its SW line, leaving a gaping void in
my collecting fix, which has been nicely filled by SSC.

I guess the first time was when I stumbled across the Frankenstein Little Big Head way back in 1998 or 1999... I bought two of them.

Last edited:
I got in contact with sideshow true a local comic book dealer, who unfortunately is out of business for about a year now.

I was at Downtown Disney with Pertheseus and came across a store which i forgot the name. ( starcollectibles or something like that) anyway i saw this (actual picture)
PA010016.jpg

Thats Pertheseus in the reflection. anyway they had the Elder Pred & Chooper. so i did my reaserch ( instead of just asking where they were from) and the rest is history. this was around December 2006.:banana:banana:banana

I saw the Bruce Lee and Universal Monsters at a street market in Mexico around 98-99,
and decided to buy them...I wasn't big into 12" figures until I saw Medi Vader, and learned that SS got SW...

anyway they had the Elder Pred & Chooper.

I think thats probably the store I bought an elder pred and alien from a while back in the states. My first hot toys figures !. :rock From there it led onto sideshow.
Did you get my pm ... ?

Back