How did you hear about Sideshow Collectibles?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TOE

3 Legged Kurgan
Reaction score
How did you hear about them?

Comic con?
Friends?
Toy store?

I think there was a thread about this but can't find it...oh well.

A friend told me of Sideshow and their 1/6 figures and LotR statues. He took me to a shop that had Dracula, Frankenstein and the Wolfman lined up. After thinking on it for two weeks I went back and bought the Frankenstein. Then out came their Outer Limits figures and I was hooked. Perusing Sideshows site became the norm. Then, in one of their newsletters, they mentioned the Freaks and I've been here ever since.

First time I heard about SS was when I heard about the Weta Workshop making LotR collectibles with a company called Sideshow Collectibles and that the LotR collectibles would be called SideshowWeta Collectibles :monkey3

I heard about them when I saw and bought the first series of 8" Uni Monsters in a Media Play back in 1999.

Saw the 7" UniMonsters at Toys R Us. Been collecting them since they released 1/6 Frankenstein Monster.

I heard about them when I saw and bought the first series of 8" Uni Monsters in a Media Play back in 1999.

I Just googled Media play and I guess FYE is now the name for that store.

Like Sawyer, when LOTR was first announced. Then when I picked up the Dark Crystal Kira and Jen figs, I noticed "Oh, these are by the people that are going to be doing LOTR!"

Back then they were distributed through Diamond and I had every wave of LOTR on order (the busts, I was just going to collect the busts ROFL). Breaking with Diamond meant better customer service, but it was so easy for one of my comic shops to just get everything in and then hold it for me until I could pay! Then came a damaged piece that I could never get a replacement for through Diamond and I was introduced to the beautiful thing that is Sideshow's Customer Service!!

I caught an episode of The Screen Savers on G4 (a show that has now become the garbage heap that is Attack of the Show) back in 2006 (or was it 2005? Don't remember). That particular episode featured some cool pieces from a company called Sideshow Collectibles, so I checked it out.

At that point I only collected smaller figures but had a couple Medicom 1/6.

My twin brother had the Monty Python figures but at the time I think it was called Sideshow Toys?Then my twin got me the original Buffy and Gentlemen figures and I started collecting the Buffy line. Then we both saw the Platoon figures at our local comic book shop and then I saw the clip of Sideshow on G4TV(or Tech tv at the time)
Then when we were on vacation in Maine and New Hampshire I bought my 1st Sideshow STAR WARS figure...Jedi Luke!
The rest is Sideshow history.
:chew

I Just googled Media play and I guess FYE is now the name for that store.

Yeah, they went out of business or were bought out years ago. They used to carry a ton of Sideshow figures. I picked up most of my Uni Monsters there, along with the Monty Python figures, the Ash figures and the Spinal Tap box set. And I remember getting the Young Frankenstein figures on clearance for half-price. It's sad that there isn't anyplace like that anymore.

what's sideshow collectibles?:dunno

seriously. i found the buffy figure on ebay while i was searching for any kind of buffy action figure. i liked it so i wanted to see if there were more characters so that was what led me to the site. now i got collectibles all over my house.

thru my brother in law which got me started collecting statues to begin with. i was picking up alot of palisades and gentle giant stuff off ebay. when he told me that if i wanted more bang for my buck search sideshow collectables. googled it and bang i found sideshows site! my very first sideshow piece was a LOTR bust and when i compared it to a GG piece, i knew on the spot that sideshow was the way to go( i have not looked back ).:D

In high school I was going through a huge Horror phase ( still love em to this day) and found Sideshow's Universal Monsters at Toys R Us and Suncoast, loved ever since. My first 1/6 was Sideshow's as well 12' Frankenstein.

Back