Hot Toys - X-Men Days of Future Past?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:lol I understand the frustration of the guy who seems to be fuming over the possibility that this might be limited to only 5 pieces and won't be available for purchase, but it's not impossible at all. If a car can be as limited as 3 units, I don't see why only 5 units can't happen in a 12-inch action figure. HT can make figures much rarer than that if the price is right. Whatever the cost of asking HT to produce only 5 figures certainly must be peanuts to other promo prizes a giant like 20th Century Fox can afford.

Now if this would indeed be just a 5-figure production, expect multiple sales of Blu-Rays done by one person (unless they'd enforce a strict limit), and watch out for maybe 2, perhaps all of these figures, go to ebay for a gazillion bucks courtesy of the winners.

I like his future look because it actually looks like battle fatigues. It has armor and looks like a comic book costume. The leather body suit from the first three movies looks like crud compared to this look. I like the civilian look also but we've had a few of those now.

I get your point of view that you can see them making 5 of this figure and calling it quits, but it's because it's Hot Toys that I can't see why they would only make five and not mass release these. Honestly, I expect these to maybe have a special base or something rather silly because these are promo giveaways and not targeted like some sort of comic-con exclusive or anything.

Maybe "exclusive" sticker for these five but I am 100% positive this will be mass released, eventually.

I get your point of view that you can see them making 5 of this figure and calling it quits, but it's because it's Hot Toys that I can't see why they would only make five and not mass release these. Honestly, I expect these to maybe have a special base or something rather silly because these are promo giveaways and not targeted like some sort of comic-con exclusive or anything.

Maybe "exclusive" sticker for these five but I am 100% positive this will be mass released, eventually.

yeah, I would expect them to do something like the MK VI from the Avengers promo

ironmantoy452012.jpeg

and then there was the more wide spread release, but still limited

hottoysironmanavengers4.jpg

I think this will be widely available...eventually. This is probably a chance for 5 lucky people to own it earlier. A pre-production version if you will. Kinda like what happened with Final Fantasy 7 advent children. there was an extremely limited run on a Cloud action figure that came equipped with his incomplete sword. I think it was offered with the advent children DVD...or something like that...all I know was, it was extremely limited. Then, months later, after a bunch of other figures from advent children were released, an updated version of the cloud figure was released, with an updated headsculpt and his completed sword.

There's no chance in hell HT won't make this available to everyone. Rose hill tony was just...ugh, I don't wanna get into it. More power to completionists...anyway. Unless the sculpt is just a retooling of The Wolverine HS...then yeah, screw HT. But Even then, a bunch of R&D went into the outfit, so expect it to be re-released with an updated HS.

My two cents.

Well if the reports that Marvel played god and barred 20th CF from handling out the license for action figures both high-end or not were true and is still in effect, then you have that reason for HT not to make this available for everyone.

Don't get me wrong guys, I would love this to be a regular release as well. I just find the "5-units rarity" theory interesting and I'm citing possible reasons that could justify that possiblity.

Well, I hope it's not five. That would be sad if it's true. And it would be a GIANT waste of tooling costs.

The look from X Men Origin is supposed to be the same, but it's different. The jacket was not the same and the character just didn't look right...at least not like in the first film.

You can bash together a nice X1 Logan with a Rahmier modified sculpt and mostly Origins clothing.

You think they sank money into this figure and only made 5? C'mon guys...

If there are 5 it is of the same figure with something a little different... then the mass release.

Yeah I find it hard to believe this won't see a more general release. Guess I'll hold off on buying that MMS187. Heck I needed to anyway.

For most people on here it might be a case of "it's hard to accept" (in case this really turns out to be just 5 and 5 units only) :lol

For most people on here it might be a case of "it's hard to accept" (in case this really turns out to be just 5 and 5 units only) :lol

There's no facts yet, so there's really nothing to "accept":dunno Let's see what happens when only 5 people in the world are holding this figure, in-hand.

That's why I said "in case...".

Again I am not saying that THIS IS INDEED a 5-unit figure. I am just fascinated by the theory and I think it's possible. I understand the frustration some already are feeling over the speculation, but it's entertaining to see how some people on here tend to act rather rejective towards ideas that aren't the same as what they have in mind.

I'd be happy to be wrong in thinking that the 5-units only theory is even possible.

I don't have a Wolverine yet, despite the multiple offerings, so I'll get this one as I like the overall look if it's mass released of course. If it isn't then I'm not really to worried that HT won't offer yet another Wolverine somehow. I wouldn't be shocked if 1970s Wolverine wasn't following this or was the mass release with the Future version the "promo" for now and then release down the road once they know they won't piss off the winners.

I think the winners shouldn't be pissed in case a mass production run happens. Unless of course they spent waaaaay more than what the SRP of the figure will be, to make sure they win one out of the 5 units to be given away :)

I think the winners shouldn't be pissed in case a mass production run happens. Unless of course they spent waaaaay more than what the SRP of the figure will be, to make sure they win one out of the 5 units to be given away :)

The only people who should be pissed are the ones that fork over however much money to buy one and then finds out a PO for a mass release one is coming out after:lol

The only people who should be pissed are the ones that fork over however much money to buy one and then finds out a PO for a mass release one is coming out after:lol

:lol and the winner who ends up selling his for big bucks ahead of the mass production announcement ends up winning TWICE.

Unless someone from HT confirms there are only going to be 5 made EVER and they will not be selling anymore, then I refuse to believe otherwise (especially from the people on here that seem happy to shoot down a mass release possibility, you don't know anymore than anyone else, so STFU) It's a stupid idea IMO and if it's because Marvel won't let fox release the character, then I doubt HT would bother making it in the first place.

Of course knowing HT, they probably won't say a damn thing and it will just blow over. Secrets don't make friends, HT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back