Hot Toys - X-Men Days of Future Past?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Wolverine is one of the worst movies in the franchise? I consider it totally in the middle, with X2 and First Class ahead of it, X1 tied with it, and Origins and X3 behind it.

I would actually take the movie versions over this personally.
The Wolverine is probably actually my personal favorite entry behind X-Men: First Class. Really surprised me how good The Wolverine turned out to be. It was a bit slower paced but I kind of liked that about it. It was a nice character building film for Logan. The weakest aspect of it was probably the villain.

I honestly never cared for the first three films that much and as for X-Men Origins: Wolverine I don't quite hate it but it isn't my favorite entry either. I think one thing that really drags it down for me is how bad the CGI looked and also the fact that Deadpool was used but in the lamest way possible pretty much.

I think the Wolverine had potential, that it didn't reach somehow. Parts of the movie worked really well, some less so, but I think there were some pacing issues, and the Silver Samurai thing didn't really work for me, and I felt brought the whole film down a bit. Some different kind of resolution might have worked better. I feel the mini-series it was based on was a much better story overall. Really curious to think of how Aronofsky might have handled that kind of film.

The yellow and the super tightness to much huh lol
It looks to me like a later '90s version of the Jim Lee outfit, which I just despise. But I'll admit a total bias for the Cockrum/Claremont design.

Watch this be another Wolverine figure and that's all. Not that i mind as i don't like any of the suit or plain clothes designs

I think the Wolverine had potential, that it didn't reach somehow. Parts of the movie worked really well, some less so, but I think there were some pacing issues, and the Silver Samurai thing didn't really work for me, and I felt brought the whole film down a bit. Some different kind of resolution might have worked better. I feel the mini-series it was based on was a much better story overall. Really curious to think of how Aronofsky might have handled that kind of film.

It looks to me like a later '90s version of the Jim Lee outfit, which I just despise. But I'll admit a total bias for the Cockrum/Claremont design.

Silver samurai felt like a cheap iron monger... definitely the low point of that movie

Silver samurai felt like a cheap iron monger... definitely the low point of that movie

If they stayed true to the story, other than making him a giant suit, I would've liked the actual comic silver samurai better.

I agree that Wolverine is likely the only figure to have a shot at a release. Bryan Singer is facing more and more damaging allegations and it is only getting worse. The movie isnt even out yet and this is the worst time for these allegations to come out. It's going to ruin Singer's reputation based solely on the bad press and I cant imagine Fox doing anything but washing their hands of this franchise and rebooting in a few years with a new director. I really feel this movie's popularity will pay the price because of all of this. A lot of people will refuse to support the movie. It's sad, but I cant see HT wanting to make the investment with this line. I was hopeful for Sentinel, or a proper Magneto, but it just isnt going to happen.

My hope is Fox will lose interest in this license now and let the rights default back to Marvel. Thats the only way we are going to see a movie that does the X-Men justice, and a figure line that lives up to our expectations. The X-Men are what brought me into comics. They deserve better than the shabby treatment they have received thus far. And we, the fans, deserve just as much.

Fox won't abandon the franchise because of the director. They'll just get a different director for Apocalypse. Those boycotting over the allegation will probably be around,5%. People go because of the trailers, the actors and the story. Things aren't getting worse for Singer though, quite the contrary, he claims to have evidence that places him elsewhere and Egan has lots of discrepancies and questions raising the validity of them.

Judging by the movie thread there's a whole lot of people eager to put it there.

Precisely why I don't bother with that thread anymore

Last edited:
I agree that Wolverine is likely the only figure to have a shot at a release. Bryan Singer is facing more and more damaging allegations and it is only getting worse. The movie isnt even out yet and this is the worst time for these allegations to come out. It's going to ruin Singer's reputation based solely on the bad press and I cant imagine Fox doing anything but washing their hands of this franchise and rebooting in a few years with a new director. I really feel this movie's popularity will pay the price because of all of this. A lot of people will refuse to support the movie. It's sad, but I cant see HT wanting to make the investment with this line. I was hopeful for Sentinel, or a proper Magneto, but it just isnt going to happen.

My hope is Fox will lose interest in this license now and let the rights default back to Marvel. Thats the only way we are going to see a movie that does the X-Men justice, and a figure line that lives up to our expectations. The X-Men are what brought me into comics. They deserve better than the shabby treatment they have received thus far. And we, the fans, deserve just as much.

I agree. I don't know how well this film will do. Who knows what further information will pop up before the films release date? I'm already apprehensive of going the theater and supporting the movie due to all the stuff already.

I would prefer Fox to just do a clean slate if they decide to keep the rights to the X-men (which they undoubtedly will) and get rid of Brian Singers "vision" or "influence" I never thought he fully understood or respected the characters any way.

Well I am not judging Singer. The allegations are just that until proven otherwise. Regardless, Ive never thought he was a good director. Fair. Perhaps. Not good. Im kind of cringing thinking about this movie. I want it to be good but I have no faith in Singer at all. Especially after seeing the costumes and Sentinel design. Quicksilver looks positively horrible. Like a hipster that ran under a pink glitter fountain. Forgive me guys for being cynical. I love the X-Men. I do. I just wish they were in better hands. Even if the figures make it to release, they wont look that good. The designs just arent up to par with similar super hero offerings.

X-Men 1 is nearly 15 years old and they have yet to make an Xavier figure. Even Wolverine, a very popular character, doesnt sell as well as more recent Marvel film heroes. X-Men needs a new direction for us to get the figures we want so bad. Respectfully, I dont think the DOFP line would live up to expectations.

Days of future past wolverine hot toys?

So I've been debating on getting the wolverine hot toys but was wondering if anyone thinks they will make a new one based off days of future past? Don't think the wolverine sculpt is perfect yet so was wondering if I should just hold out for a potential better one in the near future.

Re: Days of future past wolverine hot toys?

A figure of Wolverine wearing a scuba suit and bullet proof vest? Naw. Get Origins or Final Stand.

A figure of Wolverine wearing a scuba suit and bullet proof vest? Naw. Get Origins or Final Stand.

THIS!

Although I wouldnt go as far as saying I totally dislike the new outfit but its far from my ideal Wolverine

If they're gonna do a DOFP Logan - HT has to make the 70s civilian Logan.

The Bale-Man costume sucks ballzz. :duff

So should I just bite the bullet and get the stand alone wolverine? I like the black dress suit from the wolverine movie . I just have a feeling that a new one will be announced with a better head sculpt. I really want a wolverine figure.

Last edited:

bring on 70s Logan! x-men-days-of-future-past-wolverine-hugh-jackman-photo.jpg

I like the DOFP costumes. I have the origins logan, the new wolverine is in the mail, and I'm looking for the last stand figure. But I am really looking forward to a DOFP logan. I actually just bought the inflames metal gear armor to make a custom version.

Ultimately it is your collection. You are the one who has to spend the money and look at it everyday. Get whichever look appeals to you. I have The Wolverine fig. I love it. I took off the trench coat, and just have him in the suit and tie, and he looks awesome. If they do a DOFP future Logan, I will be tempted. I don't mind the look of the costume. It looks better than the all black outfits in Singers first films. But that's me. Find your thing man. And if a figure makes you happy enjoy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back