Hot Toys - X-Men Days of Future Past?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Marvel does own the X-Men merchandising rights. Fox has to get anything and everything approved by Marvel, which is why you don't see any new toys supporting the movie.
But. . .there is DOFP merchandise out there, just not much of it. I still think all the "news" outlets are buying into a bit of a myth here, because they smell smoke with a dearth of merch and the apparent FF comic shutout. But I don't sense there is fire.

But. . .there is DOFP merchandise out there, just not much of it. I still think all the "news" outlets are buying into a bit of a myth here, because they smell smoke with a dearth of merch and the apparent FF comic shutout. But I don't sense there is fire.

I've seen a couple boxes of twinkie's with DOFP on it :lol

I haven't yet heard a convincing explanation for why an exception was made for Diamond Select Toys. They sometimes take on riskier projects because the investment (and overhead) is lower, and smaller profits are more significant for them.

Exactly. Because X-film merch doesn't sell! Last two HT Wolvies? Still in stock on SSC's website. Wolvie: Origins and The Wolverine mass market figures? Clearanced out.

How can you even compare solo Wolverine films to Days of Future Past? You're talking about one character vs a handful of characters. Not to mention that ALL of the HT Wolverines have been pretty "Meh".

Has anyone considered the fact that Disney bought the Star Wars franchise? Maybe Fox is being pushed out of distribution and that's why they won't play nice?

I love posts like this. PROOF OR I DIDN'T HAPPEN! How would ANYONE here PROVE this? Clearly these figure aren't being made and clearly there's a reason for it.

We got 4 figures from Captain American and at least 3 from Spiderman. X-Men will surpass Spiderman and it will match or even surpass Captain America worldwide. There is money to be made with figures from this film. Can you explain why there are no figures? And don't say it's because of the costumes.

Look up who owns the merchandising rights for Spider-man. It's out there for anyone to see. Sony made a deal with D/M in 2011, and it was reported. Don't you think if the XMen film merchandising rights reverted back to D/M it would be reported somewhere, or would the press just ignore it?

No, I can't explain why FOX has decided not to mechandise anything from DoFP, ask them, because Disney/ Marvel has NOTHING to do with it.

Why doesn't anyone e-mail Hot Toys, or Fox? Why not go right to the source?

Marvel does own the X-Men merchandising rights. Fox has to get anything and everything approved by Marvel, which is why you don't see any new toys supporting the movie.

Here's a couple sources. The first one breaks it down in detail for anyone interested.

https://www.wipo.int/wipo_magazine/en/2012/03/article_0005.html
https://www.moviestack.com/posts/385578-marvelfox-trade-xmen-merchandising-for-ff

And if anyone believes what this second "blog" or whatever it is, has any truth to it, do yourself a favor and click on the "about" section and see what it says.

It brings new meaning to the term, "Consider the source."

Look up who owns the merchandising rights for Spider-man. It's out there for anyone to see. Sony made a deal with D/M in 2011, and it was reported. Don't you think if the XMen film merchandising rights reverted back to D/M it would be reported somewhere, or would the press just ignore it?

No, I can't explain why FOX has decided not to mechandise anything from DoFP, ask them, because Disney/ Marvel has NOTHING to do with it.

Why doesn't anyone e-mail Hot Toys, or Fox? Why not go right to the source?

How do we know that the original deal included film merchandising for Fox? You said yourself that Sony made a deal with Marvel for merchandising. Let's not forget that Marvel wasn't doing so well when original deal was made and things have changed.

Can you explain Marvel's decision to cancel the Fantastic Four comics? I can't. Everything we know points to a problem between Disney/Marvel and Fox.

It really is funny how some people can't just accept the likely truth that nobody wants to take a chance on this franchise for reasons that have been enumerated ad naseum. No, it has to be a Disney conspiracy and anyone who doesn't agree is blind or in on it, I guess. Either way, you're not going to get the HT figures you want from this license, so why not move on.

How do we know that the original deal included film merchandising for Fox? You said yourself that Sony made a deal with Marvel for merchandising. Let's not forget that Marvel wasn't doing so well when original deal was made and things have changed.

Can you explain Marvel's decision to cancel the Fantastic Four comics? I can't. Everything we know points to a problem between Disney/Marvel and Fox.

Why would Sony get a different deal then Fox? They were both made around the same time.

The only reason Disney got the merchandising rights back is because D/M gave up all claims to the film's profits. If you don't believe me, check for yourself. It's all out there for everyone to see.

And didn't Tom Breevort from Marvel already squash the FF rumor? What would Marvel have to gain by doing that anyway? The FF has 50 years of stories and characters Fox can use, what good would canceling the books be?

How can you even compare solo Wolverine films to Days of Future Past? You're talking about one character vs a handful of characters. Not to mention that ALL of the HT Wolverines have been pretty "Meh".
Because it's a rational business move to anticipate business based on past business. X1 and X2 had figures no one seemed to buy. First Class had only Minimates, because no one else was willing to gamble on that film (unless Disney/Marvel also had this conspiracy going 4 years ago--of course, we'll ignore the Hot Toys figures since then that were made). And what happened to the Minimates? Clearanced out at $1.20 a 2-pack. Hey, I want figures from this movie as much as anyone, but I also get business. Having said that, if it makes more sense that there is a conspiracy where Marvel/Disney are restricting production of merchandise that they would solely profit from, based on the highly likely chance that millions in toy money could be made selling toys of guys wearing generic, black armored outfits and street clothes, then so be it.

Because it's a rational business move to....

qbJcD0R.gif

So let me see if understand this.

There's no way that Marvel, a company full of greedy managers and producers who have screwed over actors directors and creators countless times in the past, would want to have the film rights back to X-Men?

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

So let me see if understand this.

There's no way that Marvel, a company full of greedy managers and producers who have screwed over actors directors and creators countless times in the past, would want to have the film rights back to X-Men?

Maybe Marvel. But Disney OWNS Marvel, Marvel doesn't OWN Disney.

Disney doesn't need XMen right now. Let Fox and Sony make the movies. Disney gets a piece of the XM films, they get the profits from the Spidey merchandise, and they spend nothing. Win-win.

Which means what? Disney doesn't buy a company and then replace everyone or completely undermine the structure of the business. Look at the Star Wars deal.

Disney doesn't need XMen right now. Let Fox and Sony make the movies. Disney gets a piece of the XM films, they get the profits from the Spidey merchandise, and they spend nothing. Win-win.

Dieney is letting Marvel run as is, they didn't change anything

Which means what? Disney doesn't buy a company and then replace everyone or completely undermine the structure of the business. Look at the Star Wars deal.

Meaning Disney calls the shots. Marvel can't just do what ever they want, they have to answer to them.

Dieney is letting Marvel run as is, they didn't change anything

Do you think if Marvel was doing something that would get Disney bad press, Disney would turn a blind eye? Not likely. As soon as the "story" about canceling the FF books came out, Marvel commented on it, and said it was nonsense.

They might keep things status quo, but if there's a problem, they're not going to just ignore it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back