Hot Toys working on an Iron Monger?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
In the beer v. milk example, the difference between the two liquids is evident upon visual observation. Thus, the sign becomes irrelevant. By analogy, Iron Monger is the glass, and Obie is the liquid. Here, we do not know what's inside. The difference between a full figure and a torso cannot be discerned by visual obervation. Therefore, the sign becomes critical. We must rely upon the representation of HT because they know what's inside. We do not.

YOur argument makes some good points but fails in one MAJOR regard. You are ignoring the laws of physics with regards to how a 12 inch action figure could ACTUALLY be inserted into the iron monger when a real man could not fit in the actual movie prop.

I don't know what's inside, and I frankly don't care. Someone wrote the Obie figure/torso will never see the light of day. Maybe HT engineered a way to fit a figure inside. They're a pretty bright bunch and it's not impossible. But when you advertise figure included, I dont think they mean a torso.

Last edited:
I agree that I would prefer they just did a headsculpt and maybe torso and stopped. I don't really plan to take him out the Iron Monger and I really don't want to spend an extra $150 because the ROBOT I wanted came with a really expensive accessory.

I hope that the monger's hands are big enough and the articulation is there so that you can have him lift the BD Mark III high up in the air; maybe have one foot of the monger on the iron man base and the other on the ground. Some cool poses to think about if it's possible.

I get a little boner ever time I see a picture of the Monger but it goes as soon as I think about how much it's gonna costs ;)

Well I just spoke to grenadier on OSW about the price:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrenadierStinny
Certainly didn't make it up, guys. Prices came direct from a Sideshow rep I spoke with here at the show.
Now you can choose whether to believe him or not, but I reported the information here as it was told to me.
Guess we can wait until it's up for pre-order to see if he was accurate or not.

:( I guess its true

So, what did he say the price was?

Yeah when it goes up for PO all doubts vanish- a MUST have even at $500!!!!!!

GIMME NOW :monkey4

4500d1269612883-3-3-4-iron-man-2-movie-series-img_1435.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back