Hot Toys working on an Iron Monger?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
attachment.php

bummed I sold my battle damaged Mk3 now. Posing those 2 together would be awesome.

Looking at this piece, I wonder if Stane is a separate figure included or an attached piece like Flynn and the Tron cycle? I don't see a separate figure being able to fit....:dunno

I am guessing we will have to remove the Stane head from inside the Monger and use a TT body to make a seperate figure. I don't see a full figure fitting properly in the proto.

I am guessing we will have to remove the Stane head from inside the Monger and use a TT body to make a seperate figure. I don't see a full figure fitting properly in the proto.

I think you are right.

There is no full figure in there. It's just the upper and head. Still damn impressive.

The sign by the figure clearly says that the Obadiah Stane figure will be included. A torso and head do not constitute a figure. Therefore, we will get the Iron Monger with Obadiah inside and a figure similair to that of the Soldier Story Man in Suit. Two full figures. That's what I expect from my $450!

The sign by the figure clearly says that the Obadiah Stane figure will be included. A torso and head do not constitute a figure. Therefore, we will get the Iron Monger with Obadiah inside and a figure similair to that of the Soldier Story Man in Suit. Two full figures. That's what I expect from my $450!

Hmmm...no.

Where did you get 450?

It reads Obadia Stane figure included. Not Obadia torso and head. So I'm guessing it's a full figure.

For the people proposing that Obadia Stane will fit inside entirely, how will Stane's legs go through Iron Monger's ball joints at the hips? Unless Hot Toys engineers Iron Monger so that Iron Monger doesn't use ball jointed hips I just don't see it.

Keep in mind that Hot Toys is not 100% proficient in English. "Figure" could just be referring to a torso and head.

Or if an entire figure is included I see Hot Toys throwing in a full body in addition to a torso so you can have Stane in and out of the suit. I think this is the more likely solution.

Isn't the Sam Flynn "Figure" included in the Tron Cycle Set? THat's not a REAL figure either.

It reads Obadia Stane figure included. Not Obadia torso and head. So I'm guessing it's a full figure.
Thank you, sir. That's exactly what I thought too.

If someone showed you guys a glass that was clearly full of milk but it had a sign next to it saying that it was actually a glass of beer, would you choose to believe it was beer because the sign said so!?:dunno

Just use your eyes! a full figure can't fit in that Ironmonger body!

For the people proposing that Obadia Stane will fit inside entirely, how will Stane's legs go through Iron Monger's ball joints at the hips? Unless Hot Toys engineers Iron Monger so that Iron Monger doesn't use ball jointed hips I just don't see it.

Keep in mind that Hot Toys is not 100% proficient in English. "Figure" could just be referring to a torso and head.

Or if an entire figure is included I see Hot Toys throwing in a full body in addition to a torso so you can have Stane in and out of the suit. I think this is the more likely solution.

:exactly::goodpost:

Isn't the Sam Flynn "Figure" included in the Tron Cycle Set? THat's not a REAL figure either.

:exactly::goodpost:

I could see them including a full figure on a newly developed body that could split apart at the waist, the upper half could then be inserted into the Ironmonger figure.

If it keeps the figure price lower they can keep the full body figure. It will never come out of the suit for me. Give half Stane and thats good enough for me.

Oh, yes it is.

You may expect it, you won't get it. I'm pretty certain this won't come with a full additional figure in suit for $450. If it does, then damn! that's even more value for the money.

In the beer v. milk example, the difference between the two liquids is evident upon visual observation. Thus, the sign becomes irrelevant. By analogy, Iron Monger is the glass, and Obie is the liquid. Here, we do not know what's inside. The difference between a full figure and a torso cannot be discerned by visual obervation. Therefore, the sign becomes critical. We must rely upon the representation of HT because they know what's inside. We do not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back