Hot Toys working on an Iron Monger?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think more $400 - $500. I will pay no more than $600. I promised myself that this is my final figure unless I sell some.

I'm hearing $450. Sigh, I guess that is kind of attainable for me, but wow.

I guess this will be like the Gantry--too big to offer free shipping--so perhaps SSC rewards will indeed work. /prays

Considering everything that went into the Monger, $450 isn't exaggerated at all. I read the expression "high-end collectibles" all the time in the collectibles world but now suddenly all this is is an expensive toy? No. $400-$450 is a perfect price point for this one. I know not everyone will be able to afford it, and I'm genuinely sorry for that, but in the end the Monger is absolutely worth that, at least from what we've seen so far.

Considering everything that went into the Monger, $450 isn't exaggerated at all. I read the expression "high-end collectibles" all the time in the collectibles world but now suddenly all this is is an expensive toy? No. $400-$450 is a perfect price point for this one. I know not everyone will be able to afford it, and I'm genuinely sorry for that, but in the end the Monger is absolutely worth that, at least from what we've seen so far.

It is an expensive toy and overpriced. Just because someone slaps on a name "high end" doesn't make it anything other than what it is :dunno

I expect a mark up but when I feel the mark up doesn't justify the figure it is an easy pass. Avatar and Sucker Punch gals also fit into this category (for me). It's been said many tines, bigger doesn't mean it cost more to produce.

IM with Yulli
001352lyynjzllyy55mlml.jpg

Seeing Yulli next to Iron Monger, I don't know which to look at first,and I just realized Iron Monger is like the size of a damn infant child :horror I can't get over how HUGE this will be.

I thought I may have been off when i made this size comp- turns out monger is even bigger!
MongersizecompYulli.jpg

In the case of plastics, yes it does cost more to produce due to the cost of oil.

Price of oil peaked in 2008. The average cost of oil in 2008 is still higher than it is today.

If its $450 I'll probably order it... I'm a sucker for oversized figures. I was going to go for the Batmobile; but I think I've been priced out on that one.

If its $450 I'll probably order it... I'm a sucker for oversized figures. I was going to go for the Batmobile; but I think I've been priced out on that one.

Tumbler retailed for 450 I believe, and seems way more complex. The rumored 950 price tag on the 89 BM is a head scratcher

So I hope this isn't stupid in price because the more I look at pictures the more I really need to own this. Its one of those pieces that you look at and just go...

"Holy $#!T!. I must own this!"

Nice. I like the finish on the Iron Monger.

I wish they would put the Mk.III or even the Mk.V on the same level with the Monger. I'd like to get a better idea of the difference in size between the two.

Well I just spoke to grenadier on OSW about the price:

Certainly didn't make it up, guys. Prices came direct from a Sideshow rep I spoke with here at the show.

Now you can choose whether to believe him or not, but I reported the information here as it was told to me.

Guess we can wait until it's up for pre-order to see if he was accurate or not.

:( I guess its true

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back