Hot Toys working on an Iron Monger?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
$450 is less than I expected... I was thinking $500. So I'm at least interested; can't say I'll 100% get this. But if the Batmobile is really $950; this may get bumped in front for the low low price of $450 :lol

$450? Don't give a ____ I'm buying it :yess:

At least the price is justified on this, whereas the price for the gantry is absurd. $450 would get you 2 Iron Man figures almost exactly since they run a little over $200 each + shipping. And with this you're getting a MONSTROUS Iron Monger figure plus an Obi figure? Works for me.

If the Monger were much smaller, like the same size of the other 1/6 IM figures than I would have a much harder time justifying this purchase. Nevertheless, he isn't so get your popcorn ready! :rock:

The price for the Batmobile is laughable yet people will buy it up and it will sell out.

$450? Don't give a ____ I'm buying it :yess:

At least the price is justified on this, whereas the price for the gantry is absurd. $450 would get you 2 Iron Man figures almost exactly since they run a little over $200 each + shipping. And with this you're getting a MONSTROUS Iron Monger figure plus an Obi figure? Works for me.

If the Monger were much smaller, like the same size of the other 1/6 IM figures than I would have a much harder time justifying this purchase. Nevertheless, he isn't so get your popcorn ready! :rock:

The price for the Batmobile is laughable yet people will buy it up and it will sell out.

$450? Don't give a ____ I'm buying it damn right lol, i'd still get the suitup grantry with the figure, i think its awesome, i'd like the batmobile but no idea where i'd keep it (don't think i'd fit it on the shelf somehow lol) and as for the price, well, i'd have to save for a good few months and i can't do that with other figures coming out as well lol

$450 Iron Monger =

jonah-hill.gif

$950 Burton Batmobile =
f8ea3bdee4f208a27e03ccbdef02449e.gif

$450? Don't give a ____ I'm buying it damn right lol, i'd still get the suitup grantry with the figure, i think its awesome, i'd like the batmobile but no idea where i'd keep it (don't think i'd fit it on the shelf somehow lol) and as for the price, well, i'd have to save for a good few months and i can't do that with other figures coming out as well lol

:hi5: :lol

The gantry is cool, but I'm in the boat of people who have a Mark IV already so justifying the $360+shipping price tag on that is difficult. Like others mentioned, if there weren't so many other things in the HT pieline at this time I'd be more likely to bite but as it stands there are tastier pieces of bait I'm interested in :D

The Batmobile...yeah crazy to say the least. Grats to those fans who were waiting on it. If you really want it might i suggest you Flex pay it, b/c I have a feeling that if you wait it might sell out on you and we both know the secondary market isn't kind to our wallets :lol

If the Monger were much smaller, like the same size of the other 1/6 IM figures than I would have a much harder time justifying this purchase.
If that were the case, & it was the same height as normal IM figures, then I don't think I would even bother with this figure. Even if it was $100. I think part of the draw for me is, how big this figure is :D

:hi5: :lol

The gantry is cool, but I'm in the boat of people who have a Mark IV already so justifying the $360+shipping price tag on that is difficult. Like others mentioned, if there weren't so many other things in the HT pieline at this time I'd be more likely to bite but as it stands there are tastier pieces of bait I'm interested in :D

The Batmobile...yeah crazy to say the least. Grats to those fans who were waiting on it. If you really want it might i suggest you Flex pay it, b/c I have a feeling that if you wait it might sell out on you and we both know the secondary market isn't kind to our wallets :lol

i appreciate what you're saying, but in regards to the iron man, how many people will have the original mark 2..and be planning on getting the armour unleashed version as well

for the batmobile, flex pay would probably be handy, but i don't like the idea of paying something off over time (bad enough i have my credit card lol), i'd rather pay for it as a one off, i dont mind doing deposits for things, then i just get the money together and make a final payment

and yes, the secondary market isnt kind to us, is it, why can't they just do us a favour and practically give these collectibles away, give our wallets a break if the companies won't lol

If that were the case, & it was the same height as normal IM figures, then I don't think I would even bother with this figure. Even if it was $100. I think part of the draw for me is, how big this figure is :D

So you're saying 'Size Does Matter'? :lol :yess:

i appreciate what you're saying, but in regards to the iron man, how many people will have the original mark 2..and be planning on getting the armour unleashed version as well

for the batmobile, flex pay would probably be handy, but i don't like the idea of paying something off over time (bad enough i have my credit card lol), i'd rather pay for it as a one off, i dont mind doing deposits for things, then i just get the money together and make a final payment

and yes, the secondary market isnt kind to us, is it, why can't they just do us a favour and practically give these collectibles away, give our wallets a break if the companies won't lol
As for the Mark ii I really can't answer that since I never owned one. :dunno

I hear you wrt to Flex pay, I don't like that style either but if money is tight it is a nice way to secure a hot item to ensure it doesn't sell out on you in the long run.

I have 4 figures left on pre-order: Spider-Man, Superman, Mark V and Captain America.

I am getting those and then holding on to my money until this guy comes out and then I am not buying anything new for a while. There is just too much out right now and I would rather hold my money and wait for the pieces they have never announced but I would buy in an instant:

Hot Toys Ghostbusters, Back to the Future, Halloween (1978)

That's really all I want now. I do NOT want customs. I will NEVER buy them in crappy Matty form. So, I will buy the Monger, be happy with the 35 or so other HTs I have, and then wait for the grails.

My only other option is to sell some of my collection that I can live without.

Hot Toys is making it hard to collect everything!

I have 4 figures left on pre-order: Spider-Man, Superman, Mark V and Captain America.

I am getting those and then holding on to my money until this guy comes out and then I am not buying anything new for a while. There is just too much out right now and I would rather hold my money and wait for the pieces they have never announced but I would buy in an instant:

Hot Toys Ghostbusters, Back to the Future, Halloween (1978)

That's really all I want now. I do NOT want customs. I will NEVER buy them in crappy Matty form. So, I will buy the Monger, be happy with the 35 or so other HTs I have, and then wait for the grails.

My only other option is to sell some of my collection that I can live without.

Hot Toys is making it hard to collect everything!
I should post my SSC list, 90% of the PO's are canceled :lol

Basically all that remains are: Mark V, Mark II AUV, DX Jack Sparrow & a pair of True Types. I'm struggling to keep DX Jack on PO b/c odds are he will get cut like Cap, Spidey, Supes, Indy ,etc. I'm going to add Iron Monger & Mark III Stealth already, and rumors are starting that HT will be releasing another Bruce Lee with their own BL muscle body soon too :slap

Oh did I mention the Joker PF & Batman Toy Fairs Exclusive? Shoot me now :slap

Cool avatar Larry! Alex Kidd in miracle world! I have fond memories of that game! Boy am I old!
:hi5: Thanks Rivera :D Alex Kidd rivals Mario to me. Good job Sega for having it inbuilt into the Master System :hi5: Rock Paper Scissors :D

I should post my SSC list, 90% of the PO's are canceled :lol
:lol :slap

Basically all that remains are: Mark V, Mark II AUV, DX Jack Sparrow & a pair of True Types. I'm struggling to keep DX Jack on PO b/c odds are he will get cut like Cap, Spidey, Supes, Indy ,etc. I'm going to add Iron Monger & Mark III Stealth already, and rumors are starting that HT will be releasing another Bruce Lee with their own BL muscle body soon too :slap

Oh did I mention the Joker PF & Batman Toy Fairs Exclusive? Shoot me now :slap
Focusing on a single line & collecting bits & pieces you like from here & there might be a good idea. Glitch is not knowing how many figures you will get for certain lines & whether lines will be completed. The inclusion of the Iron Monger has made the IM line so much better :D

Focusing on a single line & collecting bits & pieces you like from here & there might be a good idea. Glitch is not knowing how many figures you will get for certain lines & whether lines will be completed. The inclusion of the Iron Monger has made the IM line so much better :D
:goodpost::exactly::hi5:
I dont know how reliable this store is but they are pre-selling the monger for $229 (pricing tentative on vendor agreement)

https://www.hollywoodheroes.com/hot...p-1567.html?osCsid=sp29a9d0elnerm8773h94l6ad6

Wow, if that price is in the ballpark then I see this selling out insanely fast. People will be flipping these like pancakes. :thud:

When a standard Iron Man figure is around $210 no way in hell the Iron Monger (which is over twice the size) will be $230.

They are just hoping to hook some customers that will keep the order once the actual price is posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back