Hot Toys Wonder Woman (WB 100)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think this looks pretty good but I already have the JL version and don't think it's worth another $200-300 to upgrade, even if the JL version's nose is too big. :)

Am I the only one who thinks the hair looks exactly the same as the old ones just different in texture? Still looks very bland and lifeless. Its an improvement for sure but I will still wait for InArts release.

1685981684826.png

Problem is InArt's release could be years away and not even a guarantee it will be made. Last time I asked on their FB account if it's still going ahead they just said "we'll see".

Problem is InArt's release could be years away and not even a guarantee it will be made. Last time I asked on their FB account if it's still going ahead they just said "we'll see".
Yeah, InArt releases like one figure a year and already have a half-dozen in the queue; and if it’s true that the likeness rights for Snyderverse actors have all come to an end, there’s not going to be any InArt figures of those characters ever.

Woah that's a good spot that it doesn't mention Gal Gadot in the specs anymore, so they're no longer obliged to make this look any more like her than others from the past. Oh balls! there goes any chance of the perfect release then. :angryfist:

Am I the only one who thinks the hair looks exactly the same as the old ones just different in texture? Still looks very bland and lifeless. Its an improvement for sure but I will still wait for InArts release.

View attachment 642885

Tbh I think the new one looks much better.
But yes it's proto. We don't know how it will turn out. But the limitation gives hope that they would make it properly this time.

Yeah I get the sense that it may be a long while before WB license out some characters, like Cavil Superman, which they’re actively trying to bury and reboot. Whether or not they do the same to Gal depends on her future in the DCEU

Currently I only see this for pre-order with TWL and they aren't allowing payment plans. Any chance of Toys Buying Agent, Pop Collectibles, OSK etc selling it?

Sideshow is more a last resort given the import fees to get things to the UK.

Call me crazy but I love the WW84 sculpted hair version best. I got her last week and still blown away. This version looks extremely good,but portrait looks still off and that rooted hair won't look as good on a released one.

Are there chances for Henry Superman? :love but maybe they'll do Reeve instead :monkey2

Gal is from Snyder Era
Batman from Nolan Era
Superman???

It's a shame they have her looking off to the side again for some reason. You'd think if they were reusing a sculpt they would at least change up the eyes on it.

This is just me guessing but I think the likeness rights to Gal, Ben and Henry are now all gone
with the new "Gunniverse" officially underway. The Flash movie seems to be a gray area, but even with that
they took away the Bat-Fleck likeness since I would assume with the film being delayed and delayed and... delayed
it missed the window for those rights to be in play.

Keaton's Batman was most likely a whole separate contract, so he is fair game.

Bottom line is the "big three" of the Snyderverse are no longer DC property.
It kind of makes that whole Justice League line seem like it will be more sought after in the future, since 2.0 / 3.0 figures of them are off the table.
Interesting. Would be a shame if that's the case. Odd how their likeness rights would just go away while stuff from the Nolan Trilogy just seems to get infinitely pumped out without that being an issue. But I guess it all depends on how the contracts were made OR if they had their contracts redone now that their not playing these characters anymore.

I guess I'm glad that I at least have the JND Cavill Superman on order in the event that InArt can't make the Snyderverse Trilogy any longer. If we're lucky, maybe they would already have the projects "locked in" before any of that so they can still be made. Though my knowledge of licensing doesn't go that far so maybe that's not possible at all.

@rory's concept is perfect, should send that to HT.

Right now the headsculpt is basically Wonder Woman 1984 golden armor but with better rooted hair. I think they should be trying to improve the likeness if they just gonna churn out a WW every year now.

@rory's concept is perfect, should send that to HT.

Right now the headsculpt is basically Wonder Woman 1984 golden armor but with better rooted hair. I think they should be trying to improve the likeness if they just gonna churn out a WW every year now.
They are absolutely reusing an existing already-approved head to get around licensing issues. Thankfully I think it's their best Gal sculpt and up until now was paired only with the suit that would not be most people's first choice.

Back