Hot Toys Wonder Woman (WB 100)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:lol Right, they're obviously going for a release that let's them cash in on a bunch of already existing assets, so there's no chance anything gets improved or corrected.

I think it's that being too small also makes it sit up too high on the neck; in my view, if the head were larger the chin would come down farther as it should. Wouldn't take much, just a 3% increase to the face size and I think it looks perfect.

View attachment 642850
That does look better I agree

This does seem like a last gasp attempt by hot toys before inart blows them away. And it does look good, probably the best yet. It's just their very slow incremental improvements that get a bit tiring

The training armor Wonder Woman sculpt was their best one, this looks like a reissue of the golden armor head which is alright but not the best. I wish they uses the training sculpt and gave that this hair, it would be perfect.
But if I can get this I will, I want the 84 with sculpted hair because I hate rooted hair, but the gold nipples on that 84 suit kill it for me, this outfit looks excellent, and the base is awesome.

Yep, for the 1,500 pieces, it is right in the description of the figure on the Hot Toys page.

As far as what Sideshow is doing... based on the Anniversary Iron Man, I'm going to say it's
most likely going to be a lottery.
No mention of Gal Gadot, either. They're claiming it's a 'comic book' version of the character.

Hong Kong price is an insane $2,580 HKD which is $329 USD. Add in Sideshow's 20%+ markup and this is going to be a $400 figure if they get it. So they really are trying to charge InArt prices.

Everyone needs to keep their 84 orders, cause no one is going to be able to snag this
Or afford it even if they had a chance to buy it. The WW84 figure is a steal compared to this.

Yep, for the 1,500 pieces, it is right in the description of the figure on the Hot Toys page.

As far as what Sideshow is doing... based on the Anniversary Iron Man, I'm going to say it's
most likely going to be a lottery.

Ah thank you. Yes you're right. It was just right there. I just had to read carefully :cautious:

That's bad news for me indeed as I really like it. Never had luck in lottery in my life...

No mention of Gal Gadot, either. They're claiming it's a 'comic book' version of the character.

Hong Kong price is an insane $2,580 HKD which is $329 USD. Add in Sideshow's 20%+ markup and this is going to be a $400 figure if they get it. So they really are trying to charge InArt prices.

Or afford it even if they had a chance to buy it. The WW84 figure is a steal compared to this.

This is just me guessing but I think the likeness rights to Gal, Ben and Henry are now all gone
with the new "Gunniverse" officially underway. The Flash movie seems to be a gray area, but even with that
they took away the Bat-Fleck likeness since I would assume with the film being delayed and delayed and... delayed
it missed the window for those rights to be in play.

Keaton's Batman was most likely a whole separate contract, so he is fair game.

Bottom line is the "big three" of the Snyderverse are no longer DC property.
It kind of makes that whole Justice League line seem like it will be more sought after in the future, since 2.0 / 3.0 figures of them are off the table.

:lol Right, they're obviously going for a release that let's them cash in on a bunch of already existing assets, so there's no chance anything gets improved or corrected.

I think it's that being too small also makes it sit up too high on the neck; in my view, if the head were larger the chin would come down farther as it should. Wouldn't take much, just a 3% increase to the face size and I think it looks perfect.

View attachment 642850
Aaaarrgghh! Can't unsee now. Damn, that makes a great difference. I hate undersized (and oversized) heads

Last edited:
The training armor Wonder Woman sculpt was their best one, this looks like a reissue of the golden armor head which is alright but not the best. I wish they uses the training sculpt and gave that this hair, it would be perfect.
But if I can get this I will, I want the 84 with sculpted hair because I hate rooted hair, but the gold nipples on that 84 suit kill it for me, this outfit looks excellent, and the base is awesome.
Wasn't the training one and the Justice League one the same head just with different hair?

This is just me guessing but I think the likeness rights to Gal, Ben and Henry are now all gone
with the new "Gunniverse" officially underway. The Flash movie seems to be a gray area, but even with that
they took away the Bat-Fleck likeness since I would assume with the film being delayed and delayed and... delayed

It kind of makes that whole Justice League line seem like it will be more sought after in the future, since 2.0 / 3.0 figures of them are off the table.
That's probably right. Pretty wild/unethical though that Warner Bros can get away with using what is obviously Gal for merchandise so long as they claim it's a 'comic' version and leave her name off. And presumably not pay her either. It's just the Golden Armor head re-used and re-rooted.

The bright blue 84 skirt mixed with the darker JL armor is a little odd, but it's still a fantastic looking figure.

Think I'm still leaning towards waiting for the Inart version though.

It's not bad. And I'll likely pick this up to source some parts. But overall, there's some things I don't like about the 84 reuse here. The skirt is still too glittery blue for the WW/BvS/JL look. Likewise, they're reusing the bigger chunkier looking wrist braces from 84, which I think looks weird. I'm also not crazy about the small head and soft smiling expression. A bit too Barbie-esque for me. I like a tougher intense expression on her for when she's next to Supes and Bats. BUT, the improved breastplate coloring looks good, and more brass looking gold too.

This would be my ideal look... More muted blue skirt, slimmer wrist armor, sterner expression, etc.

IMG_8849.jpg

I actually prefer my kit bash a little more than this rerelease. Though the JL armor is a touch dull.

df.jpg

That's probably right. Pretty wild/unethical though that Warner Bros can get away with using what is obviously Gal for merchandise so long as they claim it's a 'comic' version and leave her name off. And presumably not pay her either. It's just the Golden Armor head re-used and re-rooted.

Very true, it's pretty shady... but not unheard of.

Pretty curious where the likeness rights with Aquaman 2 sit... haven't heard much on that film
and with Jason Momoa being (possibly recast?) I'm wondering what all we will get from that movie.

That '84 head sculpt on the JL body above, looks great. Probably the best overall look for a 1/6 figure of her.

You've got me worried now that IA won't/can't do the BvS trinity.

View attachment 642850
Looking at pics of GG I think you're right about the head size as her neck does look rather long in this outfit. No doubt the strapless bustier/bare shoulders contributes to that but still HT's head positioning isn't overly high as I first thought.

Yes, and like Endgame Stealth Suit Cap they'll probably ban the use of rewards and make customers pay full price. Because Sideshow is a "community" lol...

I'm going to go ahead and be annoying and post a photoshop edit of what I think would approve this release, knowing it has absolutely zero influence, lol. Slim the gauntlets down, darken the hair, make the expression more sever, increase the head size slightly. get rid of that glittery blue skirt color and pale snow white skin, and give her some Amazonian tan.

WWedit.jpg

I'm going to go ahead and be annoying and post a photoshop edit of what I think would approve this release, knowing it has absolutely zero influence, lol. Slim the gauntlets down, darken the hair, make the expression more sever, increase the head size slightly. get rid of that glittery blue skirt color and pale snow white skin, and give her some Amazonian tan.

View attachment 642883
Yep, that looks fantastic. Takes it from pretty solid Hot Toys figure to something that looks like one of those insanely realistic JND Studio or Queen Studio statues.

View attachment 642883
Now I just feel sad that your version isn't the one being released.

Back