Hot Toys Wonder Woman (WB 100)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah and you will be waiting like five years or more for it good luck with that... lmao
Unlike some ppl in this hobby, I have patience, so waiting 5 years or so isn’t a hard thing for me to do. I’m not going to buy and spend a great deal of money on something that I don’t love just b/c oh no, there might not be another one for a long time if ever. If you’re happy with it, great.

No offense but you people need your eyes checked that sculpt is on point and you people are way too picky
I basically already have this headsculpt minus the fancy new hair in the Golden Armor version head, so no, my eyes are just fine. Not to mention, for someone who said they read the thread, you clearly missed what I was referring to in the post you quoted. Nothing I said was in regards to the sculpt itself, but rather the paintwork of said sculpt.

This WB100 version is a fine figure, and again, glad you’re happy with it. But some of us expect more for the money we’re spending on these, especially at this higher tier range.

Enjoy your figure

Last edited:
The HT is $400 though, okay like $450 after taxes and shipping.

Inart won't even be doing this version, they will do BVS which has completely different weapon, shield, strap and color scheme.

And this whole waiting thing is a bit silly to me. Might as well get out of the hobby now and come back 20 years later for "higher tech" figures.

Last edited:
Gipetto, don’t even bother trying to explain your thinking to that dude. He’s just barking at cars and what not.

Unlike a lot of ppl in this hobby, I have patience, so waiting 5 years or so isn’t a hard thing for me to do. I’m not going to buy and spend a great deal of money on something that I don’t love just b/c oh no, there might not be another one for a long time if ever. If you’re happy with it, great.

I basically already have this headsculpt minus the fancy new hair in the Golden Armor version head, so no, my eyes are just fine.

This WB100 version is a fine figure, and again, glad you’re happy with it. But some of us expect more for the money we’re spending on these, especially at this higher tier $5-$600 range.

Enjoy your figure

The HT is $400 though.

And this whole waiting thing is a bit silly to me. Might as well get out of the hobby now and come back 20 years later for "higher tech" figures.

Well, it was $400 if you could get it on the drop. The price out there now is wacky, especially since you can get the original 84 figure from sideshow for still just $255, with the only significant difference being that headsculpt/wool hair.

As for waiting, I don’t see how it’s silly. I’m happy enough with my WW figure set up to wait and see if someone else like InArt does a better job than this WB100 retool. I don’t feel a need to buy each new version of an existing figure just because it exists. Seems pretty reasonable to me.

Yeah I agree. Waiting or not, that's a collectors choice. There's no reason to suggest otherwise.

If youre happy with your HT WW, then be happy with it.
Agreed. If you’re not satisfied with the current release, why not wait for the inevitable next version? Likewise, If you want to buy each new iteration, then do that too. I get it. It’s fun to collect them all. I don’t see how either is silly or inexplicable, they seem pretty understandable to me.

The HT is $400 though, okay like $450 after taxes and shipping.
That's fine, but still expensive for essentially a figure made up of reused parts with the only real difference being the newly included wool hair vs the synthetic hair used on the GA version.
Inart won't even be doing this version, they will do BVS which has completely different weapon, shield, strap and color scheme.
That's true that InArt won't be doing this exact version, meaning the WW solo movie, as there are certain details that make it different. However, I think most would agree that her overall look in the red armor between BvS, WW and JL are essentially the same.
The difference here is that we know a new version from InArt is coming. It's not like blindly waiting. We know right now that it's InArt, but I wouldn't be surprised if we see a new one from HT under the Artisan line with a brand new headsculpt and moving eyes to compete with it either from BvS or JL.

Idk about you, but I find it to be a bit of a chore to sell figures especially when there's a superior version released and if you're trying to get the most money back. So, I would rather not have a figure that I don't truly love/want just b/c it's the new and shiny thing, when I'm fairly certain there will be a newer, and potentially better one relatively soon. I don't feel the need to buy it just b/c it's there even though I have admitted in this very thread that my curiosity on how HT would handle the hair was getting the better of me.

Nothing wrong with waiting for the next one that may be improved especially if you’re unsatisfied with what’s currently available, or buy each and every iteration that gets released. I’m happy to wait in instances when we’re fairly certain an improved version is on the way. Nothing silly about it

Gipetto, don’t even bother trying to explain your thinking to that dude. He’s just barking at cars and what not.
haha you're right. The funny thing is, I think they mentioned they were out of collecting for awhile, and their posts definitely reflect that if true. This WB100 figure seems like a whole new world to them :lol
Well, it was $400 if you could get it on the drop. The price out there now is wacky, especially since you can get the original 84 figure from sideshow for still just $255, with the only significant difference being that headsculpt/wool hair.

As for waiting, I don’t see how it’s silly. I’m happy enough with my WW figure set up to wait and see if someone else like InArt does a better job than this WB100 retool. I don’t feel a need to buy each new version of an existing figure just because it exists. Seems pretty reasonable to me.
:goodpost:

Last edited:
This exclusive one is worth quadruple that
Huh? I was literally saying I thought buying the WW84 version, especially if you can find it on discount, is the far better value than buying the WB100 for $500+

Also LOL at your critique of @rory’s repaint. As we all know, @rory knows nothing of colors or art in general lol. I’m rolling over here :rotfl

Last edited:
I post positively about The Batman movie in a The Batman figure thread - mods bring the hammer down and make threats of a 2 week suspension- but this…
1699394406238.gif

I post positively about The Batman movie in a The Batman figure thread - mods bring the hammer down and make threats of a 2 week suspension- but this…
View attachment 673203
C'mon Chopper, can't you see the difference? This is guy is heavily contributing to the conversation about the figure.

You were talking about the movie in a figure thread which deserved the threat of suspension! how dare you try to weasel your way out of that one
:thwak

200w.gif

Remember that if you wish to respond to more than one post, you can click on the +Quote on each one, then hit reply.
You can then make a comment between each one, and then use the post reply button.
I have consolidated some posts from today into the format that you'd see if using a +Quote feature.

I'm of a mindset having the best representation of a collectible so long as I can afford. Happy to have this to hold me over until the IA, by then will be pricier and gives me time to recover. I've triple dipped if not more on characters and if I lose money selling them down the road because of a superior so be it. I still wouldn't limit myself to years of waiting for the inevitable better version despite knowing it's coming. Some have that patience, but I sure don't. Nothing wrong with that. Once IA comes out, I'll probably jump on that version too. Good to have one to mess around with and another to possibly store or museum pose to not ruin it fully. It's your money, no one is wrong for doing what they want with it.

Newsflash it will be way longer than two years and possibly is not being made by inart
*news flash* They already said they are making the BVS Trinity. I sold my Artisan WW for retail anyway, I’m okay waiting however long it takes for a much better figure from InAart.

You seem to have way too much time on your hands 🤭🤡

While we don’t how much better the IA will be, comparing the Joker and new HT Joker, it’s marginal differences and similar to Cavill Superman. Biggest differences are Pats Batman between the two. IA will have a 1.5 advantage but SERS will be the biggest ‘better’ feature I’d say. But I couldn’t wait that long when this HT is a great option. I’m too weak and patience is not my thing.

While we don’t how much better the IA will be, comparing the Joker and new HT Joker, it’s marginal differences and similar to Cavill Superman. Biggest differences are Pats Batman between the two. IA will have a 1.5 advantage but SERS will be the biggest ‘better’ feature I’d say. But I couldn’t wait that long when this HT is a great option. I’m too weak and patience is not my thing.
4088t3.jpg

Back