Hot Toys Wonder Woman (WB 100)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep I remember her hair being adequately voluminous in the movies.

True :lol To be fair, if they keep up the trend of putting out ultra-high quality product, I wouldn’t mind waiting (and methinks collectors won’t mind in general).
Actually we will mind and things need to be faster; not everyone wants to wait 3-4-5-7 years for a product! You get old fast and you will see its dumb to wait this long for a maybe on a figure!

Y'all don't be sad, this figure isn't worth of drama, I know it's a new toy and everybody wants one,but wait to the InArt,we all know it will be superior.
Telling people to wait for a figure that is years and years away which might not even get made is ridiculous and the worst advice I ever heard to other collectors..

Surprised I got one. Ordered it on my phone on mediocre service. Kind of mixed feelings on it. I love Wonder Woman but I know the InArt one is going to be way better. Also this was probably about $100 more than it needed to be. I may end up selling her but we'll see.
Keep talking about one that's not even in production or not even a proto made of it... have fun waiting multiple years for it while this one will be enjoyed more. lmao

InArt have stated they’re not going to be ready to announce any female figures for awhile yet, which is actually quite promising from the standpoint that it means they’re almost certainly working on advanced seamless bodies. If you’re gonna do something, do it right.

Unique body types with full articulation that actually match the actresses physiques with decent fleshy texture and maybe even some variety of colouration, in a material that doesn’t explode from posing may be costly but it’s certainly preferable to being terrified to pose your high end figure because you don’t want it to tear itself apart.
Not all hot toys are like that and they make amazing figures with the quality is still top-notch !

The more I think about it the more I’m actually happy I wasn’t able to place an order, lol. With this new release plus the general negative feelings toward the second WW film, I’m expecting that WW84 figure to hit a discount. Let’s say you can eventually get that one for like $200 shipped at some point when SS puts it on a daily deal, is this exclusive version really worth more than double that? Yeah, I would be good with a discounted WW84 over this for sure.
This exclusive one is worth quadruple that

You might as well wait for the InArt and pay a couple hundred more ($600?) for a superior sculpt and rooted hair.
Not waiting many years .... NOPE!!!!

Not really, I wait for Hot Toys all the time. Hell in this economy, I loveeeee waiting
Not 3+ years like and mist likely wont get WE from inart.... have fun waiting uselessly for many hears and then it doesnt come. Lol This wb100 will be the holy grail of 1/6 WW's

Well since I missed out on the drop, and the armor was what I was after, decided to convert my own. So I'm repainting the 84 armor to look darker and more distressed, somewhere between the original WW movie, and BvS. In the WW it has an almost charred blackened red, and in BvS/JL a more merlot aluminum red finish. I expect I'll end up somewhere in between. I realize the HT JL armor mostly fits the bill already, and I have a figure set up with it on the 84 body. But it's a bit too dull in it's finish, and not as well proportioned as the 84/100 armor. I'll be adding the skirt from it to the new armor as well.

View attachment 644679

View attachment 644680

View attachment 644678
You made it too dark and ugly

Okay, all finished up. So here's my own repaint job of WW84's armor since the 100WW slipped my grasp. Actually, since the original film color scheme armor was my only reason to get the 100, this actually saved me a chunk of change. So to match HT's and get a more accurate original film scheme WW figure, I took took my spare 84 body and armor and repainted the reds with sms clear red and black, antiqued the gold with flat black enamel and flat clear finish, replaced the glitter blue skirt with an existing WWJL skirt, and replaced the chunky silver gauntlets with more slim accurately colored BvS gauntlets. Still need to source the more accurate harness and weapons from the solo film. But otherwise, I'm well ******* happy with this repaint. In fact, with the more accurately toned skirt and narrow gauntlets, I feel like this is even more accurate than HT's attempt with their repaint.

View attachment 644878

View attachment 644879

View attachment 644880

View attachment 644881
Uuugh you ruined it and made the colors wack. HT one is much better

After updating my old BvS Wonder Woman figure with the Golden Armor head sculpt, WW84 tiara & hands, and training sword & shield, I'm no longer disappointed I missed out on the WB100 promo figure. I also like the BvS head sculpt in the Golden Armor helmet.View attachment 645581View attachment 645582View attachment 645583View attachment 645584
You had to waste all those figure parts just to make one figure.... lmao

You clearly haven't collected hot toys for long because clearly they've been leading the way and inart does some good things but they are not leading the way
This forum….

“InArt is leading the way, Hot Toys better take note, pathetic!”

Hot Toys takes note and starts copying InArt….

“Lol they think they’re InArt, pathetic!”
You clearly haven't collected hot toys for long because they've been leaving the way

The hope would be that HT would up their quality, attention to details and material use- not just slap some hair on a rerelease and decide they could start charging like they’re InArt because they’ve made a video of someone using hairspray and a brush.

They’re clearly putting more work in elsewhere, on certain characters, than they otherwise would have without InArt blasting onto the scene- but this WW definitely ain’t worth getting excited about.

It is 100% getting excited about!

Just saw this on facebook (pic not mine). That hair is just not being managed well. It's just an overall really sloppy presentation.

View attachment 648493
Not bad

Not sure what you mean. This hasn’t been released yet. I’m mentioning that HT have not seemed to manage the styling well when displaying it. I mean hell, you can even see the white adhesive on the forehead they used to glue the tiara on, lol.

Oh wait are you being sarcastic? I can never tell on these boards.
Not sure what you're talking about because the tiara is removable and not glued onto the character!

Yeah, it looks like it's still going to need some management. But I'm used to dealing with the hair on my other WW figures, so it's no big deal to me. I will say the sculpt and paint apps are really good on this. It looks like they modified the GA sculpt to make it a bit different. Whoever glued on the tiara has me cracking up though 🤣
The tiara is removable on production fig!

Officially released. Actually came out quite nice, even though the reused sculpt has a weak likeness.

aBUs6ua.jpg

Y4xqaQq.jpg

i3aJAv1.jpg
The likeness is clearly not weak and is on point!!!

Whenever someone says this is a weak likeness, I'm always dumbfounded. Best Gal Gadot 1/6th sculpt to date. Glad to be getting this soon 🤟
I feel the same and don't know what the hell these people are talking about, it looks exactly like Gal Gadot!

That's where you made your first mistake. Watching Justins video to hear an opinion on a new figure. Only reason to watch his video is to mute it and to see how it looks straight out of a box in a ****** overblown lightbox. :hammerhead:
Ok hater

It’s a very beautiful figure. Happy to wait for InArt though as i think their likeness will be better.
You people are crazy waiting for inart, good luck waiting 5+ years where it might not even happen.... lmao

This is my issue. I feel like the hair and body on this look great, but I feel a distinct lack of Gadot in the sculpt (to the point where seeing no mention of her name and how they marketed it as WB 100 merch along with the weird blue and gray Batman had me wondering if they somehow couldn’t use her likeness). I’m definitely curious what IA could do with her…
Are you kidding me bruh,. Every single promotion video from hot toys to Sideshow say her name Gal Gadots likeness is used for this figure!

Just because it's not written on the description doesn't mean it's not her likeness because it's clearly confirmed from Sideshow to all the retailers selling it that it is her likeness and it 100% looks like her..... Sorry, but maybe you should Get your eyes checked because they did USE her likeness.

Good luck waiting 5+ years for an inart figure that might not even be made..... lmao

Hair looks much better than I was expecting! Very happy with how this turned out. InArt will doubtless produce a stronger likeness to Gal but I'm happy with this until that figure arrives 2-3 years from now.

As much as I like my WW84 figure I don't feel the need for both so probably move that one on.
Good luck with that( try 5+ years waiting and it might not even be made.... Also, her likeness on the hot toys is spot on and inart will not do a better sculpt!

Not a fan of the hair at all really lol. I will say its a lot more fine and less reflective than the past garbage, but that hairline is very unnatural and its still wayyy too clumped together. Should have more individual strands and curls, this just looks like the same technique they used with the old stuff.
What are you talking about, each strand is meticulously individually rooted in. It's not clumped up at all.

It does seem very strange that the Batman one looks nothing like Affleck whereas this one does look like Gadot. Neither of them carry the “Authentic likeness” credit in the specs so I’m not sure how they can legally justify what they are doing.

Found this random photo and posting for no good reason lol
View attachment 653217
It is confirmed by all the retailers that it is her likeness and even though it's not used in the description it is 100% Gal Gadots likeness....

Even when you watch Sideshows unboxing on the websites listing page, all the retailers videos refer to the likeness as Gal Gadot

I noticed that none of the blogger photos makes her neck look long.
Do you think it was just the posing with her head looking down or do you think they did a mod before taking the photos? Or perhaps Hot Toys actually fixed that for this release?

Now I am really hoping my wait list will convert since I was so close to preordering with having her in my cart and it didn’t go through.
Imagine not pre-ordering it because you thought the neck was too long when it really wasn't.... lmao Hilarious

This is quite the upgrade from the JL version. Its tempting but not for $500
Well lucky for you now it's going for 700+ 🙃

It's a great figure no doubt. The likeness is better than '84 and of course you get the hair. BUT, personally I feel like it still looks too much like a slightly weathered '84 figure, not to mention those obnoxiously chunky gauntlets. It lacks all the great iron patina and muted tones of the 2017 costume, or the later Snyder film appearances. It just doesn't feel like that darker WW2017/BVS/JL Wonder Woman, the armor is still too pristine and hyper colored, the blues too bright and glittery, the red too flat and primary. It looks too much like a rushed kitbash attempt at an early Wonder Woman figure. But if I can get that head, I will.

View attachment 653294

Compared to the costume masterpiece of her original appearance...

View attachment 653295
THE MUTED COLORS you want are ULGY and the brighter colors look much better! Have fun with the ugly, Boring MUTED COLORS.... lol

So They still have some more chance to get her face right! LOL!
Maybe 2-3 more triess?
The face has been right!

:/ really makes that reboot plan dumber. I want to support the effort of the reboot but if they're still casting the previous actors/actresses, then what's the point? It creates more confusion.
I would welcome a reboot with the same actors but I will not welcome a reboot with new actors so soon is super tarded when these actors are still in their prime.

The likeness still meh.

View attachment 653833
Hey Hater , please get your eyes checked because that likeness is Spot on! Looks great! I know you are just salty because you weren't able to get it.

Hmm, still looks off.. Something about the eyes is off a bit
Nope you are wrong. Its your eyes playing tricks with you. They are the same.

Agreed. I think it's the eyes and the paint/shape of the eyebrows
No offense but you people need your eyes checked that sculpt is on point and you people are way too picky

Her eyes are still a bit too "dollish". I'm really looking forward to InArt's version so we can get that next step in realism.
They are 100% not dollish and you clearly do not know anything about the eyes. I can tell you are just jealous since you weren't able to get it. In person the eyes are incredible!

Some new pics from Facebook. It’s definitely an improvement over any of their past WW heads. But their rooted hair and expression still feels too doll-esque to me. Though maybe that’s inescapable give Gadot’s overall look in these films.

View attachment 654954

View attachment 654955
There is nothing Dollish about this figure and hot Toys knocked this one out of the ballpark! Definitely a holy Grail!

That hair doesn't convince me that this is better than the 1984 sculpted hair head sculpt. I see a lot of fritz in the future...
Wool wont fritz

….the hell is going on in here?
Why do you care if im reading past comments and replying to them? Are you offended that I am replying to the conversation from past comments . Sorry for coning late tk the discussion put the thread is not locked so it allows you to answer comments from earlier part of the discussion and what is wrong with that. Im reading through the discussion and giving my thoughts.

No one cares that you're reading past comments. What people care about is your inability to use the multi-quote function on this forum instead of spamming 70+ messages in a row. Most will probably just put you on ignore and report either way.
My bad! I was catching up on this entire thread from page one and reading al the comments. I took a long break from collecting and was excited for this figure so I wanted to catch up... What would you suggest if I was replying to many comments with my opinion from the past 20 pages on quoting all that; is it possible?

Anyway, next time I when reading all the old comments I wont reply to so many of them. Sorry.
I thought spamming is when you write the same exact message and keep posting it. All my replied were different so I didnt realize I was being annoying. I understand your points

You need to calm down man. Take a breath. Relax.
Im calm, sorry to come off as rude. I am caught up now on the comments and excited at the final results.

I thought I was picky and I guess theres others more picky then me because these figures continually impress me. Sorry to be rude.

Yes. Just press the +Quote button under all the post you want to reply to.
UHnLXSx.png

Then do "Insert Quotes..." and it'll give you the option to add multiple messages all into one post.

XJCcqTf.png

rUiB9ft.png
Ok cool thanks. But imagine quoting like 10+ pages of comments wouldnt, that one message still be huge. Lol I will try to keeep my replies small and not reply to so many old messages.

No one cares that you're reading past comments. What people care about is your inability to use the multi-quote function on this forum instead of spamming 70+ messages in a row. Most will probably just put you on ignore and report either way.

Last edited:
Not sure whats going on but if everyone in this thread agreed to give you a hug, would that make everything better?

What would you suggest if I was replying to many comments with my opinion from the past 20 pages on quoting all that; is it possible?
Yes. Just press the +Quote button under all the post you want to reply to.
UHnLXSx.png

Then do "Insert Quotes..." and it'll give you the option to add multiple messages all into one post.

XJCcqTf.png

rUiB9ft.png

Hey man enjoy your fig.

TBH by the time Inart comes out in 2+ years it's gonna cost like 600-700 USD for a single haired, silicon body figure.

Im calm, sorry to come off as rude. I am caught up now on the comments and excited at the final results.

I thought I was picky and I guess theres others more picky then me because these figures continually impress me. Sorry to be rude.

This figure is awesome. No doubt the best Wonder Woman representation so far. It's really a pity that I missed it...

So I can only put hope on InArt. Sure, we don't know when or how, if at all. But I'm just not willing to spend $700+ for a figure...

Back