Hot Toys Winnie the Pooh ?!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Like I said before I might buy this but mostly for my wife, I been trying to sucker her into this collection thing for years so finally there was something that put a sparkle in her eye. I really do hope they make the whole gang.

Tigger would be amazing! But, in true Hot Toys fashion, I'm sure this is all we'll see from this line...

Well, I was hoping something would pop up on this week's newsletter but nothing. I went ahead and ordered with KGHobby after reading all the positive reviews.

Well, I was hoping something would pop up on this week's newsletter but nothing. I went ahead and ordered with KGHobby after reading all the positive reviews.

Said this before...Hot Toys could put everybody at ease by answering if somebody asked about the fi-oh wait, never mind, they don't care to answer their customers...

Said this before...Hot Toys could put everybody at ease by answering if somebody asked about the fi-oh wait, never mind, they don't care to answer their customers...

Also my experience.

I have a feeling that later down the road this will be a very limited and sought after collectible... especially without USA distribution.

Quality Disney merchandise usually spikes in the 2ndry market, but WtP is one of those evergreen, bankable properties that people really look out for and I can't help but think you're right on the money. Disney even low-balled the Park-Only stuffed animals they released for CR and scalpers consumed their stock and are actively raping people on eBay today. I've read these books to 2 of my 3 kids, and now will start to do so with my grand-kids. My family enjoyed the movie and when I was in my 20's the book "Tao of Pooh" introduced me to Taoism and other Eastern philosophies (which in turn led to meditation that has only enriched my life) so there was no chance I was missing out on this figure. A part of me would have preferred the piece of mind ordering through Sideshow would have given, but I'm happy going through HG Hobby, and they/he actually responds to questions and comments.

I dunno. I’m going to keep my eye on the stock levels at KG but still think Sideshow will be getting this. Hot Toys never passes up the opportunity to advertise a figure as a limited edition or region exclusive. And there’s a lot of weird stuff going on with Sideshow at the moment with them shipping out figures before they are even released in Hong Kong, so who knows what is going on over there.

As far as rarity/value goes in the future, sure it could go up if it doesn’t get distribution here in the U.S. But previous HT Disney stuff like Belle and Maleficent doesn’t really point to this ending up super rare or valuable down the line. People will pay a couple hundred dollars on eBay for a $50 park exclusive plush, but those same masses seem oblivious to the existence of these high end figures they could buy for the same amount of money.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

One Sixth Outfitters has this up for preorder...AFTER I ordered overseas :mad:

Oh well, my wife will be happy lol

What do ya’ll think about those ones that Disney made for the parks?? I seen some people selling the full collection ( 6 characters) for like $350?? Not sure if that’s a descent price. I gotta imagine they are like $50-$60 at the park? Short story long I was looking to buy those for my wife’s birthday in a few months..

What do ya’ll think about those ones that Disney made for the parks?? I seen some people selling the full collection ( 6 characters) for like $350?? Not sure if that’s a descent price. I gotta imagine they are like $50-$60 at the park? Short story long I was looking to buy those for my wife’s birthday in a few months..

They were about $40 (typically) in the park. Never saw them up close, but of all the CR merchandise (which was shockingly limited) I found the parks' plush to be the best out there. Target carried some CR plush but they were not the quality of the parks' merchandise from what I could tell. Also, the parks' plush WtP was jointed (I believe) which is always nice.

I think right now many Disney fans don’t even know this is going to get released. I wouldn’t say Hot Toys is widely known amongst the masses and the fact this isn’t on sideshow is keeping hype really low.

Once this gets released, $$$$.

I’m preordering this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They were about $40 (typically) in the park. Never saw them up close, but of all the CR merchandise (which was shockingly limited) I found the parks' plush to be the best out there. Target carried some CR plush but they were not the quality of the parks' merchandise from what I could tell. Also, the parks' plush WtP was jointed (I believe) which is always nice.

Okay thank you!! Yeah I’m seeing the mix of eBay listings.. there’s also smaller ones that aren’t 17” as well.. really wish hot toys just did all the characters so I just jump on a preorder..

The CR plushes by Disney were all $35 except for Kanga & Roo, which was slightly more and Piglet, which was slightly less. Secondary market is a rip off because Disney has sold out of their initial stock. I've heard they should have them back in stock in October/November so I'd imagine they'll come down in price.

The CR plushes by Disney were all $35 except for Kanga & Roo, which was slightly more and Piglet, which was slightly less. Secondary market is a rip off because Disney has sold out of their initial stock. I've heard they should have them back in stock in October/November so I'd imagine they'll come down in price.

Thank you so much! Yeah I decided to not buy those or at least hold off until they come down to (retail) price. I took the gamble and pre ordered the hot toys one through KGBhobby. Maybe hot toys will sale out enough they can carve a little area out their shop to produce the others. Thank you everybody for the info on the others! :) either way wifey should be surprised

Back