Hot Toys Winnie the Pooh ?!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That’s a cool Mickey, what brand is it? I think Pooh and Piglet will end up on Sideshow, maybe there’s just some weird licensing hold up or something like what happened with the Netflix Daredevil figure. They had it up for preorder, took it down, and eventually relisted it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It is made by Medicom. It was made exclusively for Tokyo Disney vacation club members in 2012, they made less than 2000 of them. They sell for $1200 these days, which is absolute craziness. They have released ones with different outfits throughout the years. It is one of my favorite pieces though, they flocked the hair and they look extremely accurate to the park costumes.

Might be that the Disney Store is restricting access to the license by U.S. retailers. Seems to me that there isn't a lot of overlap in the audience of someone wanting this versus a $20 doll, but they do look almost exactly alike. . .

The Disney Store has nothing to do with licensing rights of Disney products.

That would be highly unfortunate... anyone have experience with kg hobby? I may order there

I haven't but am thinking the same thing. I could do everyone a favor and order from KG now. That would all but guarantee Sideshow would open their pre-order the very next day!:thud::slap

What!!?? Didn’t even think that was a possibility I wonder what’s up?? And if they don’t carry I guess all the other USA retailers won’t either

I was hoping for at least a "yeah it's coming, just watch the weekly newsletter." The rep told me if a month goes by, then it would be safe to assume they may not carry it, but even then it could still be up to the "collectible gods."

Pulled the trigger on KG Hobby for just the single figure. Someone I know did likewise and was pissed because they used PayPal for the pre-order and of course it took the full amount. I told them to contact KG and they got a refund and had it converted to a pre-order on a different card within the hour. Good to know the customer service is so responsive. :clap

And now Sideshow can announce their pre-order....:rotfl

Pulled the trigger on KG Hobby for just the single figure. Someone I know did likewise and was pissed because they used PayPal for the pre-order and of course it took the full amount. I told them to contact KG and they got a refund and had it converted to a pre-order on a different card within the hour. Good to know the customer service is so responsive. :clap

And now Sideshow can announce their pre-order....:rotfl

Look on the bright side! Even if sideshow sells this, you will get it much quicker from here.

Look on the bright side! Even if sideshow sells this, you will get it much quicker from here.

:lecture I guess that's true, from what I've read. I haven't actually bought high ticket items from any online retailers other than Sideshow.

I'd be surprised at this point for SS to carry this. I'm glad I at least have one pre-ordered. An unusual addition to be sure.

Just got an email from Sideshow for the John Wick figure preorder and nothing regarding Pooh. More doubtful they'll be getting this.

I sent an email to Big Bad but they also gave me a "politicians" answer, LOL. Is KG trustworthy?

Just got an email from Sideshow for the John Wick figure preorder and nothing regarding Pooh. More doubtful they'll be getting this.

I sent an email to Big Bad but they also gave me a "politicians" answer, LOL. Is KG trustworthy?

We’ll find out next year!

I haven't actually bought high ticket items from any online retailers other than Sideshow.

Unless you’re always using their payment plan, you are seriously screwing yourself always using Sideshow. They charge full MSRP, and their shipping is grossly high. Other N. American retailers offer discounted PO pricing and much cheaper shipping (usually if you bundle orders).

Is KG trustworthy?

KG has been around awhile, and I’ve never had a problem ordering from them.

Unless you’re always using their payment plan, you are seriously screwing yourself always using Sideshow. They charge full MSRP, and their shipping is grossly high. Other N. American retailers offer discounted PO pricing and much cheaper shipping (usually if you bundle orders).

KG has been around awhile, and I’ve never had a problem ordering from them.

I'm always using their payment plan.

Back